1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

Discussion in 'Shoddy Battle and Pokémon Lab' started by Cathy, Feb 15, 2010.

1. piplup36

piplup36

2. NixHex

NixHex A new vice president erryonce in a while to keep me busy
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

That's Wichu's rng spreadfinder program and has nothing to do with shoddy battle patches :/ you have to get the moveset list (a text file, not exe) and use that as your patch in server.properties
    Edit: this is the list in the correct format for a patch
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61464
    Just name that server.patch and follow duck's instructions, and you're ready to go!
  3. Zanda

Zanda

I just managed to find both the HGSS and Platinum list to update my server. I'm hoping just pasting one after the other is fine to use - thanks for your help :)
    I'll post back if I'm encountering issues with compatability.
  4. Acidarmor

Acidarmor

Does your connection dying on you make your rating go down? (as if you had quit a match)
  5. Duck92

Duck92

@Acidarmor - Yes it does, if you leave the server in any form, you leave the battle; which counts as a loss.
  6. Cherub Agent

Cherub Agent Yeah, well. The Dude abides
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

when i try to log in, it says im already logged into the server. is this because my internet went away for 2 minutes? anyone know how to fix this? thanks in advance
  7. i try

i try

when i try to log go on pokelab it keeps saying disconected from server

how do i get in?
  8. Stellar

Stellar true and everlasting
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

9. Firewind

Firewind

For some reason, whenever I try to load my team in Pokémon Lab, it says "Selected team file could not be loaded." What should I do? I created the team in the Pokémon Lab team builder, if that has anything to do with it.
  10. Bendyrulz

Bendyrulz

Can't you do random battles in pokemon lab!?!?!!?!?!!?
  11. coolking49

coolking49

where can use see the ;adder rankings on PL and how do you know how high up you are?
  12. Badal

Badal Shit
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I am assuming you meant ladder ._.

You can't at the moment
  13. LySon

LySon

Cant see sprites on Pokelab at all, when battling and when team building. I have no idea why or how to fix
  14. Delta 2777

Delta 2777 Machampion
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion

Is there any sort of timetable established yet for the implementation/release of Generation V on Pokelab?
  15. Milo1985beau

Milo1985beau

Are there any ratings or ladder being done on Pokelab? Shoddy hasn't been connecting for weeks so I assumed we transferred over, but I don't see anyway to see my rating or anyone elses... thanks :)
  16. jumpluff

jumpluff Red†Admiral
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Milo1985beau: The feature will be implemented soon.

Delta: Not as of yet.

LySon: File > Preferences, pick a sprite pack and add it.
  17. Athenodoros

Athenodoros Official Smogon Know-It-All

Is there, at the moment, a way of gathering stats from all of the matches on the Smogon server on Lab like there was for Shoddy? If not, are there plans for them?
  18. yOblo

yOblo

I have been trying to log into lab for quite a while now, but the 5 times I have tried, it says that I have gotten the password wrong or my username does not exist. I thought it might be a misclick on my part. Should I reset my password or would that complicate things more?
  19. Xing

Xing

When will we be allowed to use 5th gen Pokemon?
  20. coolking49

coolking49

xing: look 5 posts above yours
  21. Zanda

Zanda

I have found on my server that with patch or no patch, Bibarel and Bidoof don't have abilities.
    Is there any way to fix this using the patch? I currently have +Simple; on both of them to no avail.

Thanks for an answer.

EDIT: Tried importing a Bidoof/Bibarel from my Pokemon Box - it didn't work either...

EDIT #2: Fixed by rebuilding the server from source.... *shudder*
  22. General Spoon

General Spoon

Does the battle timer still last five minutes? If yes, why? All it does is encourage stupid fuck like trolls/bad battlers running the clock out.
  23. Rasendori

Rasendori

Is Pokemon lab Smogon U's replacement? when i try to log in says connection refused and 0 people on it?
  24. jumpluff

jumpluff Red†Admiral
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yes. The Shoddy Battle server has been discontinued, and we have migrated to Pokémon Lab.
  25. Arcticblast

Arcticblast @manu 11: Arcticblast joined, gg all
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

When will Pokemon Lab be available to the non-Smogon public?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)