Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some tips on hatching eggs quicker. Please help!
Well, I think people have said just about everything there is to know, but I'll elaborate...

Get a Pokemon with Flame Body or Magmar Armor in your party, stat. Cuts the Egg Steps (how long it takes to hatch a Pokemon) in half. I.E. 500 steps = 250 now.

This can mean alot, especially if you're hatching Dratinis or something. That 10,000-so steps is now around 5,000.

And that "more eggs in party = longer time hatching" thing was new to me. Wow! That's good to know, along with the nature/ability thing, too. That makes it seem waaay less daunting now.

ANYWAY, the best way to get them to hatch is just hop on your bike, put it into high gear, and ride up and down between Solaceon Town and the routes above it and below it, just going up and down. If you're impatient and need a LITTLE more motivation, get an egg and fly to Eterna, get on the bike, put your Poketch on the Step Counter, and head to Cycling Road. Ok, once on Cycling Road (hope you've beaten the trainers here), get into the second row/path from the right wall. What I mean is go all the way to the right guardrail on C.Road and going one or two steps away from the wall. There should be a (pretty much) clear path up and down. Then roll down to the bottom as fast as you can, and.... then go back up, then down, up down up down up down.

That's about as fast as it gets I think.

@bulbasauresrec:
There's a woman in a house in Veilstone who will massage your Pokemon. That can make it happier, plus you get a contest item out of it too. I think there might be another massage person but I can't place it.
The expensive way is feeding it vitamins, or just walking around with it, or using it in battle. If you've ever played Colosseum or XD, I'm pretty sure the friendship thing works similar to purifying a Pokemon.
Important note: Don't box the Pokemon. Whatever you do. Don't do it. It ruins your hard work. Keep it with you at all times.
You could also let it take a hit from a low level Pokemon, defeat the Pokemon, and then use a Potion on it. :P Over and over again. Dunno if that actually works though....

It shouldn't be too hard, especially with Massage Woman.

Now, for my own question:

Does the move Knock Off remove the opponent's Pokemon's item completely for the rest of the battle? Or will it get put back on if they switch?
If it's gone for the rest of the battle..... I could see some great use in that.

I completely forgot about the massage woman >_< And there're also the women in Resort Area.
Anyways...
http://www.serebii.net/games/happiness.shtml
EDIT: And I don't think putting a Pokémon in a box changes the happiness. My Staraptor has been many times in it and Return power never decreased.

And yes, Knock Off completelly disables the item from the opponent until the end of the battle. I love this attack! Blissey is so much easier to KO without the Leftovers.

Putting a Pokémon in the box doesn't effect the happiness at all, so don't worry.

What I like to do is attach a Soothe Bell to my Pokémon and use the EV Berries on it. After about 20 or so berries its happiness is close to maxed out. I only do this on Pokémon who I haven't EV trained unless I have enough berries for stats I haven't touched though.

I completely forgot about the massage woman >_< And there're also the women in Resort Area.
Anyways...
http://www.serebii.net/games/happiness.shtml
EDIT: And I don't think putting a Pokémon in a box changes the happiness. My Staraptor has been many times in it and Return power never decreased.

And yes, Knock Off completelly disables the item from the opponent until the end of the battle. I love this attack! Blissey is so much easier to KO without the Leftovers.
Thanks for verifying, clarifying, and answering! ^_^

Well, I can't say the same for the Ninetails I had in FR. It's Return was as powerful as it could get, then I boxed it for a while, then got it back out... then it wouldn't do diddly squat. :( However, I did notice that my boxed full happiness Pokemon would get "happier" quicker than ones that were totally fresh. But that was back then, not now. So I won't dawdle anymore on it. :P XD
Edito: Oh well. Maybe whatever it was going up against had a crapload of defense than usual or something. Thnx.

Anyway, thanks again for answering. That's great... although it could probably just really, really mess me up just the same, it could really mess someone up if they're working an item combo, or it could be a good defense move to remove a little of someone's thunder... :D

Edito:
Also totally forgot about Soothe Bell. Isn't it amazing how some things can just slip your mind completely, even after you've used them alot before?

To Volteon on my question...
What has EVs got to do with making Goldbat evolve into Crobat using happiness? One of my friend played through the game and his Goldbat evolved once reaching lvl 30+ without doing any special thign to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)