Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What exactly is the offensive Porygon2 set that apparently is so good that reachzero made? Is it trick room or something like tri attack+bolt beam and recover?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3950903&postcount=758

I haven't seen much discussion of it here, but hands-down the best Pokemon I have used so far this period (and I've been pretty successful in a relatively short period of time) is offensive Porygon2. Most of the Porygon2 I've run into have been essentially defensive, using Trace and Thunder Wave, but that is a pretty weak version of it. I've been using Modest Porygon2 with Tri Attack, Discharge and Ice Beam--with Eviolite, you are already incredibly bulky, allowing you to switch in virtually for free on nearly all Waters, Grasses, and certain Grounds (Donphan and Hippowdon). Download is awesome, boosting your SpA to 508 if you switch in on the right Pokemon (like Hippowdon!). The best switch-ins are pretty clearly Chansey, Snorlax, and Escavalier, and thankfully those are Pokemon you should really be prepared to handle anyway.

There are other Pokemon I really think are good in this metagame that I'm not seeing much, but offensive P2 is so good that I don't want to distract from it by talking about other stuff in this post. :)
probably max HP and SpA with Modest and Recover as the last move

Making a Hail team here: Snow, Tenta, Kyreum, and Heatran.

Any good ideas for some "glue?"
Looks Tentacruel weak, so I suggest that you try Conkeldurr, as losing to sand teams is something hail teams never should do. Reuniclus can work well, being able to sweep teams, threaten stall, and lure in Scizor and Focus Blast to make a Kyurem sweep easier to accomplish. He is also immune to hail.

I'm looking for a good Breloom counter that fits on a rain-stall team. Any suggestions?
I use Dragonite with Hurricane. It can also get Thunder, allowing it to deal with a number of troublesome threats to rain teams.

It is kind of offensive though, so I'm not sure how well it'd fit on straight stall, but the ability to deal with Tentacruel, Breloom and friends is a huge boon. Just look out for Stone Edge on breloom... it's really more of a check than a counter.

I've always wondered this: in double battles, if a Prankster user uses Tailwind, does it activate at the end of the turn, or do partner Pokemon find themselves with a free doubling of their Speed after Tailwind is used?

Tailwind activates, but since speed is calculated before each turn begins, the othe Pokemon will only benefit from the speed boost starting from the next turn.

Another Hail question: I am using Scarf Kyreum, Balloon Heatran, ToxiFling Gliscor, Support Tenta, and Guts Conkle. What set should Aboma have? I will not have a subseed set and I don't want two SR weak Scarfers.

I need a little bit of help...

haunter

Banned deucer.
It's been down yesterday, but it's currently online, just use the advanced connection feature (74.50.98.226:5048).

Because each stride of Snorlax's is longer than Munchlax's.

Which is better, SD Luke or NP Luke, for the endgame finisher after weakening a team with Uturn?

I want to chek the IVs on my new hatched pkmn. Its level 1. When I enter the stats in an iv calculator it just said that they are between 0 and 31 (not really helpful). Do I have to be of a certain level to have a better result on the IV calculator ?

You have to do it at many levels (usually levels 1-5), because the IV's have don't affect the lower level's stats much.

Just make sure you keep track of what EV's you get while levelling up, or use Rare Candies.

Nope. It's just a bad item apart from one or two exceptions.
Ah I thought it was banned! Lol I battled a Kings Rock Jirachi in a tournament (Ice Punch Flinch) and the guy and another person who was watching said it wasn't banned x.x

Second question: I just bought an Acekard 2i and I want to use it to Pokemon Wifi Battle and record my vids but my internet uses WPA security and I think the Acekard 2i is only compatible with WEP. I just want to know is there any way to get around this without downgrading my internet security? Or is there any acekard I can purchase that supports WPA?

Ah I thought it was banned! Lol I battled a Kings Rock Jirachi in a tournament (Ice Punch Flinch) and the guy and another person who was watching said it wasn't banned x.x

Second question: I just bought an Acekard 2i and I want to use it to Pokemon Wifi Battle and record my vids but my internet uses WPA security and I think the Acekard 2i is only compatible with WEP. I just want to know is there any way to get around this without downgrading my internet security? Or is there any acekard I can purchase that supports WPA?
I don't know what a Acekard 2i is sorry but you could try getting a 3DS because that supports WPA.

Also my question is why isn't sand veil and snow veil under the evasion clause?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)