Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer MK V: We're Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't use Microsoft Word if you're making an RMT. It adds all sorts of ugly formatting tags once you C+P it here. If you're on Windows, use the Notepad. If other systems (Mac, Linux, etc.?) have it, use that. It types in plain text. If you don't have Notepad or anything similar, type it in a PM and send it to yourself.
Oh that, that's easily solvable by doing one little thing before CPing it.

See that button in the absolute top left hand corner of the text box with the two "A"s? Press that and it'll switch to "code mode" as I like to call it, and everything you paste into it will come out as plain text. This way you can prepare codes inside your word document and paste it directly in here and have it all format beautifully.

I know theres not technically a way to xfer them, but since a large amount of people sav, are first gen TMs considered legal in 5th gen games? (IE submission)

If I'm trying to make a relatively balanced team, what's a good ratio of offensive to defensive pokemon I should be using? I feel like I can never get the balance right; too many sweepers and I can't stop an offensive, too many tanks and I can't break through certain pokemon.

If I'm trying to make a relatively balanced team, what's a good ratio of offensive to defensive pokemon I should be using? I feel like I can never get the balance right; too many sweepers and I can't stop an offensive, too many tanks and I can't break through certain pokemon.
I would say have 1 purely offensive pokemon, one wall ( if it can set up hazards thats a plus), one bulky special attacker , one bulky physical attacker, and a scarfer, that always works for me

Illusion is based on your team, not your opponent's, so Illusion would work as normal.

Also, Silverlight isn't bad, just slow as hell. I do prefer Honko's though.
Ogosh yes. I meant if zoroark is disguised as a different zoroark, will ditto's ability activate?

I'm trying to breed for a Deino with Dark Pulse, but I cannot find a breeding calculator online, and looking through Bulbapedia has not helped me. Anyone know a good breeding chain to acquire a Deino with Dark Pulse?
p.s. I only have access to the Pokemon in Black.

I'm trying to breed for a Deino with Dark Pulse, but I cannot find a breeding calculator online, and looking through Bulbapedia has not helped me. Anyone know a good breeding chain to acquire a Deino with Dark Pulse?
You'll need a gen 4 game, where Dark Pulse exists as a TM. Teach it to a male Ekans/Arbok/Gyarados/Seviper in gen 4, transfer it to Black, then use that to get Dark Pulse on Deino.

I can trade you a male deino with dark pulse and it'll have 31 in at least one of its IVs! I'm at school now though where our wifi is incompatible with DSs, so you'd have to wait until next week to get it.

Question: I'm playing SS and B but don't have two DSs. If I want to bring a pokemon for official Nintendo competitions with perfect IVs and moves that cannot be learned in BW (ex: Skarmory), can I use the transfer function on a site like Pokecheck, or will it only be legit if I use the actual PokeTransfer?

I can trade you a male deino with dark pulse and it'll have 31 in at least one of its IVs! I'm at school now though where our wifi is incompatible with DSs, so you'd have to wait until next week to get it.

Question: I'm playing SS and B but don't have two DSs. If I want to bring a pokemon for official Nintendo competitions with perfect IVs and moves that cannot be learned in BW (ex: Skarmory), can I use the transfer function on a site like Pokecheck, or will it only be legit if I use the actual PokeTransfer?
You can transfer Pokemon from your gen IV games to your BW games using Pokecheck without them getting the Classic Ribbon (which would prevent them from being used in competition). So yes, if you're just using it to transfer them from one game to another they're legit. However, if you're thinking of downloading one off the site it will come with a ribbon that flags it as illegitimate, and you will not likely be allowed to use that in competition.

You can transfer Pokemon from your gen IV games to your BW games using Pokecheck without them getting the Classic Ribbon (which would prevent them from being used in competition). So yes, if you're just using it to transfer them from one game to another they're legit. However, if you're thinking of downloading one off the site it will come with a ribbon that flags it as illegitimate, and you will not likely be allowed to use that in competition.
Yup, I was strictly concerned with using it for transfers. Thanks for the info!

That would be awesome! I don't really have much to offer, though, unless you would like me to EV train a Pokemon. And I just read that Deino needs to breed with a Pokemon that learned Dark Pulse through a previous generation...

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Ogosh yes. I meant if zoroark is disguised as a different zoroark, will ditto's ability activate?
Pretty sure Ditto's ability (I assume you mean Imposter) would activate, and then activate Illusion on yourself.

I had the most surreal start to a match in randoms where Ditto faced a Zoroark... And then obviously Ditto turned into my final Pokemon on my team... Which confused the hell out of both me and my opponent until we realised what exactly had happened.

Does Pokerus work if the pokemon is being trained with an exp share?

Edit:

Also, what is the fastest way to level 100 a pokemon?

EXP. Share is not good unless you are giving it to a weak-mon while battling the Audino in the Giant Chasm.

Otherwise, battling Audino is the best way.

Another good place to train is in the two Courts in Nimbasa City; after 3 rematches all the Pokemon in there are ~LV 67. The matches are once a day and you can usually get around 20-25 Levels with a Lucky Egg. One person, Doctor Jules, has a Lv 67 Audino.

I'm currently playing on Pokemon Online, but I have a Mac with the Tiger OS, so I only have Pokemon Online 1.0.23

I'm teambuilding at the moment, and in this version, Outrage on Moxie Salamence is still illegal. Is there any way I can get this to be legal/download another version of PO (without using Wine).

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm currently playing on Pokemon Online, but I have a Mac with the Tiger OS, so I only have Pokemon Online 1.0.23

I'm teambuilding at the moment, and in this version, Outrage on Moxie Salamence is still illegal. Is there any way I can get this to be legal/download another version of PO (without using Wine).
Not totally sure, as I had used Wine before but the Mac link on this page here might help. It worked for me, hope it helps you too :)

Why are entire Pokemon banned instead of just their abilities? I just wanted some clarification. Like Blaziken for example.

I have a question that has been bothering me: can someone explain White Forest/Black City to me?

I understand the whole point system and recruiting and stores opening/grass appearing stuff, but what I don't understand is what trainers are available to a certain game.

When I go to my friend's ghost Black City on my White Version, are the people I invite over random, or are they people who have left his city? He does a pretty good job at keeping everyone in town, and therefore there's rarely anyone to invite over. If this is the case, are we limited to whatever 16 or so trainers we started with between us? If neither of us had, say, the trainer that spawns Bagons in our city/forest to start, can we never meet that trainer without entralinking with someone else, or is there a point where random trainers are added in to our ghost towns?

Also, if he has a full town, and all my people left, and he goes to my ghost Forest and invites all my ex-citizens, where do they go? Did he steal all my trainers? Is it possible for me to populate my forest again if all his citizens stay in his city?

Why are entire Pokemon banned instead of just their abilities? I just wanted some clarification. Like Blaziken for example.
Well generally we want to avoid complex bans unless the impact on the meta by doing a simple ban would be too far reaching (hence drizzle + Swift Swim being a thing). Banning certain abilities on certain Pokemon is complicated both technically and ideologically, so generally we try to avoid them whenever possible. As for just banning the ability itself, that isn't really fair to all the users of the ability that AREN'T broken with it. Pokemon like Ninjask, Yanmega and Sharpedo aren't even remotely broken with Speed Boost, so banning the ability alone would have a lot of collateral damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)