Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer MK V: We're Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well generally we want to avoid complex bans unless the impact on the meta by doing a simple ban would be too far reaching (hence drizzle + Swift Swim being a thing). Banning certain abilities on certain Pokemon is complicated both technically and ideologically, so generally we try to avoid them whenever possible. As for just banning the ability itself, that isn't really fair to all the users of the ability that AREN'T broken with it. Pokemon like Ninjask, Yanmega and Sharpedo aren't even remotely broken with Speed Boost, so banning the ability alone would have a lot of collateral damage.
Thank you for the clarification :)

That would be awesome! I don't really have much to offer, though, unless you would like me to EV train a Pokemon. And I just read that Deino needs to breed with a Pokemon that learned Dark Pulse through a previous generation...
You can breed a female Deino with a male Deino with dark pulse to breed more Deino's with dark pulse.

You can breed a female Deino with a male Deino with dark pulse to breed more Deino's with dark pulse.
Yeah, but Deino doesn't learn Dark Pulse through leveling up; it needs to be breed with a Pokemon that learned Dark Pulse in gen. 4.

Another question: I was reading through Bulbapedia's breeding page, and I saw that parents each give 3 of their IVs to their offspring. I have a flawless Ditto, which would mean that the offspring would have at least 3 perfect stats, but I am usually getting less than 3. Any help/explanations?

Yeah, but Deino doesn't learn Dark Pulse through leveling up; it needs to be breed with a Pokemon that learned Dark Pulse in gen. 4.

Another question: I was reading through Bulbapedia's breeding page, and I saw that parents each give 3 of their IVs to their offspring. I have a flawless Ditto, which would mean that the offspring would have at least 3 perfect stats, but I am usually getting less than 3. Any help/explanations?
The parents give 3 IVs between them (3 from one or 2 from one and 1 from the other) and the other 3 are generated randomly. The offspring is only guaranteed to have at least three 31 IVs if both parents are perfect.

Offspring Pokemon get three TOTAL IVs from their parents, while the other three are generated randomly. So your Ditto's babies would have to draw the three IVs all from the Ditto to get three flawless IVs, not counting ones that were randomly picked as 31. Giving the Ditto a power item like the Power Anklet (Speed) would make its offspring inherit Ditto's perfect speed IV.

Edit: ninja'd

Also, in the battle subway (Super Singles) you get a rare candy from an NPC on the platform after battle 28 (set 4). Does this apply for every set up until you get the Lansat Berry, or is it just after that set?

Fusion Flare & Fusion Bolt

Could the Event Victini use Fusion Flare with 100 BasePower and then Fusion Bolt with 200 BasePower in the next Turn? And if i then always switch between the Attacks i always attack with 200 BasePower?

Could the Event Victini use Fusion Flare with 100 BasePower and then Fusion Bolt with 200 BasePower in the next Turn? And if i then always switch between the Attacks i always attack with 200 BasePower?
From what I have heard that is not quite the case. Both Fusion moves (Flare/Bolt) need to be used in the same turn cycle (i.e. Reshiram used Fusion Flare... Victini used Fusion Bolt) it really doesn't work that well in single battles unless you are battling Reshiram/Zekrom running Fusion Flare/Bolt respectively, otherwise you should be playing doubles with Victini alongside the Vast White/Deep Black Pokemon.
Feel free to correct me if I'm misinformed.

Question: why does Ice Shard's page list Vacuum Wave as "Vacuum Punch" and Aqua Jet as "Water Jet"? If I were a part of QC/GC, errors like that wouldn't happen.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Probably just mistakes due to early incorrect translations from japanese versions. They're fixed now.

Do switching abilities, like Regenerator and Natural Cure, take effect if the Pokemon had its ability changed before switching out?

Also, do they work with Red Card?

And finally, can multiple contact effects occur at once? I.e. Poison Point+Red Card, or Static+Poison Touch.

Is there any reason to use Tri Attack over return? Tri Attack has 80 bp, 160 with adapt STAB, and return has 102, 204 with adapt STAB.

How good is Weavile in OU? Are there any other than the revenge killer and the Swords Dance sweeper?
Also, both in UU and OU, what Ice move is better on the Swords Dancer-Ice Punch or Ice Shard? Doesn't a +2 Life Orb Ice Punch 2HKOs Skarmory?

On a side note, Iv'ed noticed Metagross has dropped dramatically in usage; why?

Is there any reason to use Tri Attack over return? Tri Attack has 80 bp, 160 with adapt STAB, and return has 102, 204 with adapt STAB.
Tri Attack is special, Return is physical. Assuming we're talking about the Porygon line, Tri Attack wins out.

haunter

Banned deucer.
@Haryiama: if you're using Weavile in OU then use it as a CB revenge killer. It's its best niche in the current meta.

Metagross has dropped cause the B\W meta is filled with Pokemon that counter\check\revenge kill it. Rotom, Landorus, Ferrothorn and Gliscor everywhere make Metagross' life tougher.

Not sure what you mean here. Tri attack is special while return is physical they shouldn't be compared.

Well with Ice punch Gliscor may not be a threat but Landorus is still going to be a counter because of Choice Scarf and even Gliscor is a check but Metagross is certainly usable but he'll get forced out quite a bit with Ferrothorns and Jellicents running around I would say more but ive never used Gross myself

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Metagross has a huge metal moustache cojoined with its eyebrows. Who cares about usability?

By the way, how did the sub-forums Dragonspiral Tower and Stark Mountain before it get their names? How was the selection process, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)