Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - NU Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Is Gardevoir better than Gothitelle at Support/Stalling?
You probably shouldn't be using either for that role. Gardevoir often is the most offensive Psychic-type, while Gothitelle is specifically paired with Pokemon that have difficulty beating certain walls thanks to her Shadow Tag ability.

For other small, short questions like this, you might want to check out #neverused at Smogon IRC. Just open up IRC and type in /join #neverused and you'll be able to chat with most of us and get quick answers!

I don't know, I have managed to use a Choice Band Trick/Will-O-Wisp/Wish/Protect Gardevoir and it works. That's just your opinion though. Thank you for the link.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Gardevoir is probably the worst Psychic-type besides Kadabra to stall with in the tier due to its frailty. If you want a supporting Psychic-type, you should look to Hypno as a Special wall and Musharna as a Physical wall. If you want a Trick user, Gothitelle is ideal since it can trap walls and render them useless.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
There are many ways to beat Alomomola + Amoonguss cores. They generally fall to powerful Psychic-types such as Musharna, Beheeyem, or Gardevoir. Poison-types also do a good job in general since they wall Amoonguss and are immune to Alomomola's main form of damage. Bulky Substitute users such as Swords Dance Lickilicky, Eelektross, or Bulk Up Braviary can take advantage of the core's weak offensive prowess and set up on them.

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
All FLCL suggestions are good. gothoritta also has a niche, although it can end up pretty usless against other teams. I also like using Rest talk regice since he can even come in on spore. Lapras has the same boltbeam coverage and even covers rock types that usaualy patch up some weak points of defensive cores but usualy doesn't carry sleep talk. Harvest lum berry exeguttor also deserves a special mention but can't come in on sludge bomb.

I was just about to ask about that, but I wasn't sure if you could get a Shadow Tag Gothorita. Isn't the DW Gothitelle male?
While you're right about it being male, Gothorita, not Gothitelle, was the Pokemon released with Shadow Tag, so Shadow Tag Gothorita is perfectly legal. The only member of the line that isn't legal with its Dreamworld ability is Gothita.

While you're right about it being male, Gothorita, not Gothitelle, was the Pokemon released with Shadow Tag, so Shadow Tag Gothorita is perfectly legal. The only member of the line that isn't legal with its Dreamworld ability is Gothita.
Oh awesome.

Reckon it could be a fair trapper with Eviolite?

I have a question: Why is Hidden Power Flying better than Air slash? Latter has more pp, power and a effect

I ask here because I noticed that on some mantine set mentioned here

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have a question: Why is Hidden Power Flying better than Air slash? Latter has more pp, power and a effect

I ask here because I noticed that on some mantine set mentioned here

Air Slash is in fact the better option, the post was probably made before B2W2, where air slash wasnt yet legal on mantine. Mantine got the move in the new games, and its now the superior option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)