Resource Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: NU Edition

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So when is the viability rankings going to be updated?
A new thread will be put up in the near future, the tier is still adapting to recent tier shifts and quick bans and so the viability of Pokemon is still up in the air. The old one is staying the way it is as a resource in case tournament games will be played in the XY format and people may want to refer back to the viability rankings.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What are good teammates for CroDino (mega audino)?
Answers to Steel and Poison-types, also things that force them in and can possibly take them out. Crodino struggles to break them and dies to too many physical attacks, Toxic Spikes is also handy although not necessary as it can help wear down walls trying to outstall Mega Audino. Also having an answer to other Calm Mind boosters, because without Psyshock Crodino can't beat them.

Edit: Also you don't have to worry about special ones, cause after a CM or two Audino can just tank their special attacks. Also, while not common, Haze Cryogonal is something to keep in mind.

Last edited:

Pokedots

How should I live to be happy
is a Contributor Alumnus
What are good teammates for CroDino (mega audino)?
At the moment my favorite pokemon to use with it is Taunt+SD Pangoro, as it draws in virtually every poison type (especially Weezing), taunts them, SDs in their face, and proceeds to destroy them with boosted Knock Offs, eliminating a lot of M-Audino's responses. It also obviously destroys steels.
e: replay shows the power http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-189123416

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why is Mega Glalie NU?
Because that's where the usage of Glalie fell before mega Glalie was introduced. If it moves up through usage or through a ban, then it'll be out of the tier. But until then, the fact that it is a mega does not guarantee that it will be higher than NU.

I was wondering if anyone could help me built a NU team since I don't know much about the threats that appear in this tier

Why is Mega Glalie NU?
Huge competition for the mega slot with the new megas, I'd reckon once the higher tiers ban some of the more broken megas it'd see more usage and possibly move up. That also means there's a good chance we'd see Banette dropping in the next shift.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was wondering if anyone could help me built a NU team since I don't know much about the threats that appear in this tier
try browsing through the sample teams thread to get a general sense of how good teams are structured (or steal a team from there) or send me a pm either on smogon or on showdown (im usually in the nu room), i'll be happy to help

what is the different between wall breaker and physical attacker?
is ferali a wall breaker or attacker?
A wall breaker is a Mon that breaks down physical/special walls for fast late game sweepers to clean up(in the late game). This role is generally fulfilled by a banded, specs or life orb Mon that has minimal switches. An example would be Magmortar. Its mixed life orb set allows it to beat most special walls/tanks in the tier depending on your coverage.

A physical attacker is a Mon that uses physical moves. Generally they are walled by physical walls (depending on what coverage it has and the typing of the physical wall vs the physical Mon)

Feraligatr would fall under physical attacker than a wall breaker. This is because there are pokemon that out and out wall it as soon as it comes in no matter what the set is. See Seismitoad, Frillish, Poliwrath as the main walls and stops to it. However, it can perform a wall breaking element by using superpower to beat ferroseed.

Generally, Gatr is a late game win-condition, which is the Mon you wall break for in order for it to get a free SD/DD/Substitute and clean up the game. That would be the correct term when describing Feraligatr.

How legit is Taunt + NP Mismagius? I've never tried it, but I want to know how good it is beforehand.
I'm not sure about ORAS, but I used it extensively in early XY and when paired with a Colbur Berry it is a pretty powerful stallbreaker, although it's unlikely it will 6-0 any teams anytime soon. Still a powerful set though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)