Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (NU Edition)

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Haven't really played NU in a while but would like to get back in a little, how's Accelgor doing in the current meta? I know Specs was pretty cool a couple of months back but I barely see it anymore

Haven't really played NU in a while but would like to get back in a little, how's Accelgor doing in the current meta? I know Specs was pretty cool a couple of months back but I barely see it anymore
I think its best set is either Specs + Spikes or Fightinium Z + Spikes. Fightinium Z let's you damage Steelix, Cryogonal, Houndoom etc. while keeping the utility of Final Gambit.

Two questions...
Miltank @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Milk Drink
- Heal Bell
- Body Slam
- Toxic

1. What's Miltank creeping with 16 speed?
2. Body Slam or Seismic Toss? Running mainly as an answer to fire types and Sneasel.

Two questions...
Miltank @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Milk Drink
- Heal Bell
- Body Slam
- Toxic

1. What's Miltank creeping with 16 speed?
2. Body Slam or Seismic Toss? Running mainly as an answer to fire types and Sneasel.
1. 16 Spe outspeeds Adamant Samurott.
2. I prefer Seismic Toss cause it gives you consistent damage output vs the majority of the tier.

May I ask why Zangoose was ranked at A+ out of seemingly nowhere? I understand that the BDrum Set exists, but I hardly understand why it's ranked at A+ when it requires more support than the rest of A+

Shadestep

the sound quality is pretty and rough
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
May I ask why Zangoose was ranked at A+ out of seemingly nowhere? I understand that the BDrum Set exists, but I hardly understand why it's ranked at A+ when it requires more support than the rest of A+
it is extremely easy for Zangoose to set up on most bulkier teams, which it can easily run through with little support needed. Honestly, all that's needed is a Pursuit user (most often Sneasel) to deal with the Ghost-types that are gaining popularity (Scarf Rotom, Haunter, Mismagius). It has been ranked this high since it has proven to be an extremely threatening sweeper that punishes the smallest of misplays, especially when faced off vs. bulkier squads.

Is it possible to get a vikavolt set here? Preferably one without agility
Vikavolt-Totem @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpA / 48 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Volt Switch
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball

this is the standard one. the spdef is for specs mowtom.

also, if you can't find a set on the dex you can usually find it in the works here http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/nu-analyses.455/

Does mixed Guzzlord work in this meta? If it does, would a speed decreasing nature be preferable or a defense decreasing nature with full speed investment?

quziel

I simulate Pottery
is a Pre-Contributor
If you're gonna run a mixed set, best bet is probably an assault vest set with the usual special moves (draco/dark pulse/fire blast), and then knock off in the last slot to abuse its utility. You'd want a speed decreasing nature in that case, as although guzzlord's physical bulk ain't great, its not fun getting worn down even faster by a Xatu spamming U-turn.

I'd caution against a mixed set with even more physical moves, as one of Guzzlord's functions is generally to swap into Slowbro (and other water types), and having too much of your moveset crippled by an odd scald burn isn't anywhere near fun.