1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Arcticblast, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Shiruba

Shiruba

Winning a rated battle - at least, for me - was done by clicking the 'Find Battle' button on the left-hand side of the screen. I won the battle I got into, and voila!
  2. anoriega94

anoriega94

Will I ever get into Jasmine's pants?
  3. Pikachuun

Pikachuun

Jasmine wears a dress, so the answer to this is no.
  4. anoriega94

anoriega94

Well, I'm going to assume that's for easy access if ya know what I'm saying. I guess the better question is, "Will I ever sexually conquer Jasmine?"
  5. Jasmine

Jasmine Steel yourself
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderator

Dresses are nice, but I prefer pants in winter.
    "Will I ever" is a tricky thing to specifically answer... I mean we may meet some day in the future, I'll forget I had denied you and we'll start talking. You'll take a glance in to my eyes, comment that the way they change in the light is enchanting... I'll look back to you, a hand gracing your arm. Your muscles so defined, such charming comments, could I deny you then? We could move on to dinner, you'd respect my wishes to avoid alcohol, maybe you would choose something non-alcoholic for yourself, to show that you agree with me, at least for now. The meal is nice, and you prove to be an impressive conversationalist, but I fear you may be my intellectual inferior... until you change our direction, moving in to a deep discussion on the meaning of life, a question I feel I have already an answer. We argue, my ideals far too pure for this world we live in, but then as I am about to shout, to scream at your mad ideas, you reach acr-

Sorry, what was the question? I forgot.
  6. anoriega94

anoriega94

So, what you're saying is...there's a chance?
  7. Kecleon352

Kecleon352

Hi, I have a question.

When you use an Unown, are you able to choose which forme it is, or is it random on what forme it is, or is it set?
  8. Scene

Scene reverie
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

I think you're forced into Unown-A - other pokemon with forms like Arceus and Rotom appear separately in the teambuilder. I suppose the Unown form has no competitive relevance anyway.
  9. The Tyranitar

The Tyranitar

I can't connect to smogon's server is anyone else having this problem?
  10. juleocesar

juleocesar

Me neither. It's most probably it has crashed or a problem is happening with it.
  11. MilkyWay01

MilkyWay01

What is considered a good rating for Pokemon Showdown? My team that i just made is at 1456 and hasn't peaked yet
  12. Houndoomsday

Houndoomsday

1700-1800 is the minimum for "good" in my opinion
  13. TransparentOpacity

TransparentOpacity

I can't connect to showdown. It says "you must be logged in to join rooms." Then when I try to log in it says
    "This server is requesting an invalid login key. This probably means that either the server is set up incorrectly, or you are banned."

What do I do? I know I'm not banned.
  14. SSJ

SSJ

What is an average rating for Pokemon Showdown in OU?
  15. Houndoomsday

Houndoomsday

Every user starts out with a Glicko of 1500, which is around the average.
    SSJ likes this.
  16. Sidfrid

Sidfrid

Where can I find info about the development stage or the RBY OU tier on PS?

Want to make a tourney with my friends on PS and want to know how playable it is.
  17. Dana Dennis

Dana Dennis

Does anyone know how to do coding? If so can you guys help lend a hand when my server gets up and running..
  18. Aura Burst

Aura Burst

If you're asking about ACRE rank, I believe 1600-1700 at the moment is average; you can also check the ladders on Pokemon Showdown to see the top players
    SSJ likes this.
  19. Houndoomsday

Houndoomsday

Really? Every player starts with a little below 1500 and I would assume that's where the average is, but I don't have any sources for that :P
  20. SSJ

SSJ

Thanks guys. Really helpful.
  21. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Are you guys ever going to permanently add a PU ladder into the Other Metagames section? If I recall correctly, PU was one of the more popular OM of the months, so I'm confused as to why you never added it to the OMs like you did with 1v1 and Tier Shift?
  22. Willster132

Willster132

Do random battles include fakemons? I have trouble identifying them with my lack of gen 5 knowledge
  23. Sidfrid

Sidfrid

Yes, sometimes you will end with CAP pokemons in Ranbats. If you want info of then you can always use the /data command.
  24. Willster132

Willster132

Thanks! I have yet to be able to identify gen 5 pokemon from the CAP ones. I will use that command to figure them out now!
  25. Sidfrid

Sidfrid

when you do /data command, CAP mons have negative dex numbers, while normal pokes have their usual national pokedex number.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)