Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
From a statistical standpoint I was just wondering how accurate is PS in terms of matchmaking on the ladder? I'm asking this because I'm sure we've all seen it where we are matched up with players substantially lower or higher on the ladder in terms of ELO and GXE so not sure if that's due to low traffic on the ladder so it matches up the first opponent or something else that I'm completely missing.

It does attempt to match you with people closer to your rank; if I remember correctly, the longer you wait for a battle, the larger of a discrepancy between the ELOs of the players is possibly. For example, a 1200 ELO player is more likely to fight a 1200~ ELO opponent, but if he's looking for a partner for two hours, the ladder will shove God himself against you if he looks for a battle.

Reactions: AM
When will the ORAS stuff will be implemented.. I mean.. you have all the data you need for the megas and moves you put shell smash on clawtizer when XY was released so I guess the fact that it's not 100% doesn't concern the people who run it much.. so.. when will it will be implemented (estimated is good too) I wanna test all the new stuff :P

When will the ORAS stuff will be implemented.. I mean.. you have all the data you need for the megas and moves you put shell smash on clawtizer when XY was released so I guess the fact that it's not 100% doesn't concern the people who run it much.. so.. when will it will be implemented (estimated is good too) I wanna test all the new stuff :P
The new megas been implemented in randbats and team builder (they're hidden and you have to add -mega to the end of each name and are only usable in customs and hackmons). I'm not sure about the moves, though.

The new megas have been implemented, but if you want to make a team with them, you have to use them in custom battle and hackmons. In order to get them to work, you have to put -mega at the end of their name. Such as Sceptile-Mega.

Anyone know where you can post replays? Can you even do that?

details pls. thx :)
When you finish a battle you can click Share Replay, and you get a link. Once you have the link, I guess you can share it with friends, or in the Lobby chatroom! Hope I helped :)

I have been trying to log in PS!, but when I try to log in today I cant! My teams are saved, as is the avatar I use, but when I type my name into the "choose name" box nothing happens. Even if I choose a different name nothing happens, and if I look for a battle it will ask me to choose a name but still when I do nothing happens! Please help me!

When you finish a battle you can click Share Replay, and you get a link. Once you have the link, I guess you can share it with friends, or in the Lobby chatroom! Hope I helped :)
Is there no specific thread for replays?
I'm not fond of the chat room and I don't think I need to explain why.

Question about moves that hit 5 times, it always seems like every time a foe's pokemon uses Pin Missle or Ice Shard they ALWAYS hit 5 times, is that meant to happen or it's a bug?

Question about moves that hit 5 times, it always seems like every time a foe's pokemon uses Pin Missle or Ice Shard they ALWAYS hit 5 times, is that meant to happen or it's a bug?
No, that's not a bug. Some Pokemon have the ability Skill Link, which causes "this Pokemon's multi-hit attacks [to] always hit the maximum number of times." The Pokemon that can have this ability are Aipom, Ambipom, Cinccino, Cloyster, Heracross-Mega, Minccino, and Shellder. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)