Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Site Temporarily Unavailable" (sic)

I can't seem to access Showdown!...
The site says its down, but I know it isn't, because I actually did get to the site (by using microsoft translator to translate the site into another language, and only being able to view it below the translator bar at the top of the screen) and could see people talking and playing as usual...
I tried to log in, but it wouldn't accept my Username, or even ask me for my password. I tried then to make a new team, but obviously I can't battle until I make a Username, and that still wouldn't work.

I wonder if I got banned somehow, and If so I want to know why please.

my username on Showdown is "雅びIrony"

I have a few replays saved from about a week ago that I tried to access the other day, but, after watching through about 1/2 of the replay, it would just stop. Reloading the page wouldn't work, skipping to the turn after the pause didn't work, and using the 'Skip to next turn' button didn't help either. What can I do to fix this?

Seeing that PS has just added a gen4 ou ladder and is very close to having a gen1 ladder, are there any plans in the future to add other past metagames, like gen3 or gen 4 uu?

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Seeing that PS has just added a gen4 ou ladder and is very close to having a gen1 ladder, are there any plans in the future to add other past metagames, like gen3 or gen 4 uu?
We are working on Gen 3 and Gen 4 OU, it's just a thing that takes time and other things take priority :)

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Is there a theoric limit to the number of turns of a battle on Pokémon Showdown! ? Because if there isn't, we can theorically keep a battle going in hackmons with two leppa berry harvest shuckles in sun with four non-attacking moves forever, and just click automatically on moves with script.

I just wanted to ask here to see if the problem I'm having is on my end. In the past week or so, I've noticed that Showdown has gotten extremely laggy. I'm mentioned this on mobile devices before other places, but I have never had this problem with Showdown on my laptop - the best computer in my house - until this past week. I'm often getting disconnected from Showdown while building a new team after a few minutes, as well as the whole teambuilder interface being crazily laggy. When not in that interface, it's just laggy all around, but not at all to that extreme. Maybe it's the 2000+ people online...?

Also, this evening (April 30th at 1am US Eastern time), the Showdown webpage will not open for me at all. However, this site says it's up. I tried it on different browsers, and it's still not loading the first page, let alone signing into a server. Other webpages and apps (including "heavier" ones like League of Legends and Minecraft multiplier) are working completely fine; it's only PS that's messing up.

So is this just me? (And is this the right place to ask this?)

("Specs": Windows 8 Professional OS, HP laptop, Chrome browser with no other tabs open, both Ethernet and WiFi connections tested)

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Maybe it's the 2000+ people online...?

Also, this evening (April 30th at 1am US Eastern time), the Showdown webpage will not open for me at all. However, this site says it's up. I tried it on different browsers, and it's still not loading the first page, let alone signing into a server. Other webpages and apps (including "heavier" ones like League of Legends and Minecraft multiplier) are working completely fine; it's only PS that's messing up.

It isn't just you, others have had problems when many users have come online with lag, I personally don't have a fix for it but on lower user counts the others said it was a lot better. As for the site being down I don't know specifics but it was down for everyone (the main page not the actual server for whatever reason.)

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I just wanted to ask here to see if the problem I'm having is on my end. In the past week or so, I've noticed that Showdown has gotten extremely laggy. I'm mentioned this on mobile devices before other places, but I have never had this problem with Showdown on my laptop - the best computer in my house - until this past week. I'm often getting disconnected from Showdown while building a new team after a few minutes, as well as the whole teambuilder interface being crazily laggy. When not in that interface, it's just laggy all around, but not at all to that extreme. Maybe it's the 2000+ people online...?

("Specs": Windows 8 Professional OS, HP laptop, Chrome browser with no other tabs open, both Ethernet and WiFi connections tested)
We're having serious problems with our host, unfortunately.

If you go to this URL:

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/

it should be more likely to work than if you leave off the "www." - can you try that?

Thanks for the answer about the friends list.

I was able to block lobby chat, but beginning yesterday, when I block the chat, I can no longer accept challenges or do battles.

I've tried it both on the Firefox App/Plug-in thing and through the actual URL with the same results.

We're having serious problems with our host, unfortunately.

If you go to this URL:

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/

it should be more likely to work than if you leave off the "www." - can you try that?
Welp, I tried that, and it still didn't work a couple days ago.

That said, I logged in today and it worked perfectly. So to whoever/whatever cause the server to go down for me, I thank you greatly; I got through all the rest of this semester's homework since I couldn't distract myself with battling. So fate smiled upon me. XD

tl;dr: nevermind my issue, since it works now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)