Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have the downloadable version of Pokemon Showdown.
Problem:
Every time I construct a team on it, it never saves. I check the Reveal Team Folders option and nothing can get saved into it.
Can someone please help?

not ecxactly a bug, glitch, question or technial error, but theres an extra pixel at the bottom-left corner of krilowatt's front sprite, probably a little mistake by the spriter

note: this doesnt happen with its shiny sprite

Last edited:
I'm looking for the background being used on pokemonshowdown right now. The one with Reshiram and N staring into the sky.

thanks

I apologize in advance if this is a rather stupid question, but in the last few battles I've had while laddering, my Glicko2 rating doesn't go down at all. Why is that? I was under the impression that it went down after each battle. Am I doing something wrong?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I apologize in advance if this is a rather stupid question, but in the last few battles I've had while laddering, my Glicko2 rating doesn't go down at all. Why is that? I was under the impression that it went down after each battle. Am I doing something wrong?
Do you mean your deviation? In that case you're getting into some pretty hardcore laddering. The deviation goes down if its prediction matches the outcome of the battle, and, from my experience, hates you 99% of the time. Just keep battling and it will go down eventually.

Last edited:
Do you mean your deviation? In that case you're getting into some pretty hardcore laddering. The deviation goes down if its prediction matches the outcome of the battle, and, from my experience, hates you 99% of the time. Just jeep battling and it will go down eventually.
Thanks for that information. My deviation has actually started to decrease at a more reasonable rate now. Thanks again!

Ok, I am completely lost with this whole thingy. I am trying to set up a server and am completely failing at it. Could someone please PM me and help me? I have downloaded node.js and the Files and have tried to follow Zarel's guide like five times and I still don't get it. Please help? This is what happens every time:
Ryans-MacBook-Air:~ Ryan7437$ cd "C:\Users\*my name*\Downloads\Pokemon-Showdown\"
> npm install
> cd "C:\Users\*my name\Downloads\Pokemon-Showdown\"
npm install
-bash: cd: C:\Users\*my name*\Downloads\Pokemon-Showdown"
npm install
cd C:Users*name*: No such file or directory
npm ERR! install Couldn't read dependencies
npm ERR! Error: ENOENT, open '/Users/*name*/package.json'
npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this log at:
npm ERR! <http://github.com/isaacs/npm/issues>
npm ERR! or email it to:
npm ERR! <npm-@googlegroups.com>

npm ERR! System Darwin 11.4.2
npm ERR! command "node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "install"
npm ERR! cwd /Users/*name*
npm ERR! node -v v0.10.20
npm ERR! npm -v 1.3.11
npm ERR! path /Users/Ryan7437/package.json
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! errno 34
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Additional logging details can be found in:
npm ERR! /Users/*name*/npm-debug.log
npm ERR! not ok code 0
*name*-MacBook-Air:~ *name*$

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Have you tried dragging the directory you want to transfer to in your terminal window (cd *drag directory to here*) then npm installing? Macs are a bit wonky sometimes (believe me, I own one). Through all of my attempts at setting up a server, I haven't had this issue, so this is all I got.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Ok, I am completely lost with this whole thingy. I am trying to set up a server and am completely failing at it. Could someone please PM me and help me? I have downloaded node.js and the Files and have tried to follow Zarel's guide like five times and I still don't get it. Please help? This is what happens every time:
Ryans-MacBook-Air:~ Ryan7437$ cd "C:\Users\*my name*\Downloads\Pokemon-Showdown\"
> npm install
> cd "C:\Users\*my name\Downloads\Pokemon-Showdown\"
npm install
-bash: cd: C:\Users\*my name*\Downloads\Pokemon-Showdown"
npm install
cd C:Users*name*: No such file or directory
npm ERR! install Couldn't read dependencies
npm ERR! Error: ENOENT, open '/Users/*name*/package.json'
npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this log at:
npm ERR! <http://github.com/isaacs/npm/issues>
npm ERR! or email it to:
npm ERR! <npm-@googlegroups.com>

npm ERR! System Darwin 11.4.2
npm ERR! command "node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "install"
npm ERR! cwd /Users/*name*
npm ERR! node -v v0.10.20
npm ERR! npm -v 1.3.11
npm ERR! path /Users/Ryan7437/package.json
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! errno 34
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Additional logging details can be found in:
npm ERR! /Users/*name*/npm-debug.log
npm ERR! not ok code 0
*name*-MacBook-Air:~ *name*$
You are following the windows instructions... macs dont have a c:\ drive

try simple:

$ cd
$ cd downloads/Pokemon-Showdown
$ npm install

obviously you dont type the $, that is just to represent the terminal.

2 answers to this, 1) the "we are super pro answer" (faster than mechanics can be found) and 2) the logical answer (how would anyone know when no one knows what needs to be implemented yet...)

both of these are likely true.
That answers my question... I think someone may need to create a post about this on the showdown forum. Just to stop questions from clogging this thread up.

Hello there. The humble LCB greets you.

Before I ask, yes, I am a moron. Moron is also welsh for Carrot, but I am no carrot.

I was wondering, how do you actually name a server? I realize it has something to do with Zarel, but I am unclear of the process. Is it done after I port forward or can it be done before the server goes live? May someone explain it to me? I appreciate the time.

Have you tried dragging the directory you want to transfer to in your terminal window (cd *drag directory to here*) then npm installing? Macs are a bit wonky sometimes (believe me, I own one). Through all of my attempts at setting up a server, I haven't had this issue, so this is all I got.
I use windows, and I'm guessing it's my port because i checked my port with an application and it said "Could not send package". IN other words it says the port isn't on. But I don't get what I did wrong. Someone should seriously make a youtube tutorial on PS server making.

This is not really a question but I had a cool idea for a team, what is a place I can post about it just to be sure nobody steals the idea and claim it as their own's? It involves trapping moves~

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Im not sure if this goes here, but is there a simple way of setting up port forward for a server?

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yes there is, you see there is this amazing resource of information in the world known as google...
as sarcastic as that comment was, it wasnt very helpful. All the internet results confuse me as well as i only want to open port forward for pokemon showdown (if it's possible).
Try to be more helpful and less sarcastic next time mate ^_^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)