Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

If you use Magic Coat and a Pokemon with Magic Bounce uses hazards or a status move would the move bounce back and forth endlessly?

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
If you use Magic Coat and a Pokemon with Magic Bounce uses hazards or a status move would the move bounce back and forth endlessly?
No, the user will get hazards on their side of the field / status'd. Magic Coat / Bounce only bounces once.

Um, nothing special, it's just a guy trolling on the ladder, and Celebrate is an event move for Magikarp so that's perfectly fine. What did you find odd about the replay?
I thought something happened to the Karp that made it really strong. I thought the other guy forfeited because he knew the Karp was going to sweep anyway, or something.

So I've encountered an account that is named GirlsAreForSex and I don't think this site wants to encourage this kind of behavior. Who should I contact about this?

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I've encountered an account that is named GirlsAreForSex and I don't think this site wants to encourage this kind of behavior. Who should I contact about this?
Hello SotheBlacKnight

To report a user's name, you can PM any global moderator (@), they could force the rename of this user.

To see the whole auth list, you can use the command /auth

I've got a question regarding replays. Whenever I /savereplay and I watch it back, it's always from my opponent's point of view. How do I save it so the replay will be played from my point of view?

Reisen

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've got a question regarding replays. Whenever I /savereplay and I watch it back, it's always from my opponent's point of view. How do I save it so the replay will be played from my point of view?
Hello Fluke

The point of view is random iirc. When you look at a ladder match replay it depends it can be on your view sometimes or on your opponent's view.

In a challenge match I think it depends on which player challenged the other but I'm not sure though.

As it happens, I've found a way to switch the point of view of the replay. Before you start playing the replay, open your web console and evaluate this code snippet:
Code:
app.panels[0].battle.switchSides();
If you've already started watching, you'll need to reload the replay first.

Last edited:
Hello Fluke

The point of view is random iirc. When you look at a ladder match replay it depends it can be on your view sometimes or on your opponent's view.

In a challenge match I think it depends on which player challenged the other but I'm not sure though.
Yeah I think this is indeed the case. Because it also happened that a replay was from my perspective. Thanks for the answer :)

I'm wondering how one gets their own Showdown server, and if custom pokemon can be uploaded into one of those.
So... how do you get your own showdown server and can custom pokemon be uploaded into those?

I got a question regarding chat windows on Showdown. When you have 3 or more of them open at the same time it already becomes fucking unmanageable. Any alternative ways to manage chats?

I got a question regarding chat windows on Showdown. When you have 3 or more of them open at the same time it already becomes fucking unmanageable. Any alternative ways to manage chats?
There's only two ways to switch between chats.
1. You either click on each room to get to it (this is the only way to do it in phone ps and it IS a pain)
2. You use the arrow keys to switch between rooms. Right arrow takes to the room on the right, Left arrow takes you to the room on the left.

Well, you can also manually type /join roomname every time you want to switch but that's just lol.

edit: urkerab pointed out to me that you may have been talking about PM boxes and if so, scrolling is the only way to switch from one pm box to the next sadly.

Last edited:
There's only two ways to switch between chats.
1. You either click on each room to get to it (this is the only way to do it in phone ps and it IS a pain)
2. You use the arrow keys to switch between rooms. Right arrow takes to the room on the right, Left arrow takes you to the room on the left.

Well, you can also manually type /join roomname every time you want to switch but that's just lol.

edit: urkerab pointed out to me that you may have been talking about PM boxes and if so, scrolling is the only way to switch from one pm box to the next sadly.
Yeah, was talking about PM boxes, sorry. Thanks for the reply. Have to continue with the struggles, unfortunately. Real pain in the ass when you're chatting with several different people at a time x_x

Hey! I'm a mod on a showdown server and I'm wondering what the command to start a tournament is. I've tried the FAQ and googling it but I couldn't find it.

Reisen

Hey! I'm a mod on a showdown server and I'm wondering what the command to start a tournament is. I've tried the FAQ and googling it but I couldn't find it.
Hello RedScizor7

You can type /tour help command on any chatrooms it could explain you how to set a tournament.

I suggest you to also read this link https://gist.github.com/verbiage/0846a552595349032fbe everything is explained there with examples and descriptions.

An example of setting a tournament:

/tour new ou, elimination -> It will create an OU Single Elimination
When im winning a battle in VGC, a message pops up and im forced to forfeit. It says "you have active battles". Do you know how to fix this?
Hello JP JONNY ,

Do you have any screenshots of this issue ? You could show it in the bug reports topic.

When im winning a battle in VGC, a message pops up and im forced to forfeit. It says "you have active battles". Do you know how to fix this?
That screenshot shows that you tried to refresh or leave the battle, if you weren't trying to refresh/leave the battle it means you just lagged out somehow due to either your connection or showdown's lag. When you're trying to leave a battle without forfeiting, it gives you that popup so that you have to forfeit it before leaving or play through the match.

Is there a reason for why the main Showdown server has been going down so often the last couple of weeks? I've had it happen like twice in the last three days, and until recentlly I had never experienced this before.

SpaceBass

☆ALOLA VERA420: FUKK AMOONGUS AND UR MOM
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm assuming it has something to do with group chats being implemented. They're probably just fixing some issues, hence why PS is down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)