Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
But they do make money from advertising

On the other side, Showdown! and Smogon are also advertising for Nintendo and Gamefreak, I probably wouldn't buy their game if I couldn't play competitive here, so it's win-win

Hi I have a question. I made a team on showdown with whimsicott, and its max speed is supposed to be around 348 i believe, however now I can only get it to reach 330 spe. I have maxed the spe EV spread with a + next to it and a - in the dmg slider (timid nature). Could someone help me get the sped to its max?

Hi I have a question. I made a team on showdown with whimsicott, and its max speed is supposed to be around 348 i believe, however now I can only get it to reach 330 spe. I have maxed the spe EV spread with a + next to it and a - in the dmg slider (timid nature). Could someone help me get the sped to its max?
It's max speed should be 364 with a speed boosting nature.
PS won't take into account the + until you add a - on the stat that should be subtracted, if you're still having problems underneath the ev sliders there should be a nature drop down that should fix things for you (it should let you select a nature from a list of them).

It's broken due to a lot of people using a Normalize Ghost Type + Entrainment. The only known counter I can think of is using a Prankster Mon with Entrainment itself (So the Normalize won't go into effect.)
Lots of Pokemon beat Mega Gengar, including Mega Mewtwo Y, -ate users, and Magic Bounce users.

It's max speed should be 364 with a speed boosting nature.
PS won't take into account the + until you add a - on the stat that should be subtracted, if you're still having problems underneath the ev sliders there should be a nature drop down that should fix things for you (it should let you select a nature from a list of them).
Yes I have chosen a nature and maxed out spe. This is the issue. Can you see?

Attachments

I wish to register my own server and I've read instructions in the "Contacting Senior Staff" thread. But I'm confused that Room/Server Requests Forum is empty, so I'd like to know if I misunderstood something. Do I exactly need to create a new thread in that forum to make a server registration request? Do I need to get a permission to create such a thread?

I wish to register my own server and I've read instructions in the "Contacting Senior Staff" thread. But I'm confused that Room/Server Requests Forum is empty, so I'd like to know if I misunderstood something. Do I exactly need to create a new thread in that forum to make a server registration request? Do I need to get a permission to create such a thread?
Yes, you should create a new thread in that forum and you don't need permission. It's empty because only you and PS upper staff can see your thread, don't worry.

Has anyone ever considered building an iOS/Android app for PS, or is there one already? I'm asking because the browser client is quite burdensome to run from a phone.

Hey guys! First of all, I hope this is the right place to put this. Secondly, and most importantly, I am new to a draft league format, and I am not very good at teambuilding. I was wondering if anybody could help me teambuild for my matches this season. Note: I am already somewhat through the season, and noticed I needed help after starting 2-4. Thanks!

Hey guys! First of all, I hope this is the right place to put this. Secondly, and most importantly, I am new to a draft league format, and I am not very good at teambuilding. I was wondering if anybody could help me teambuild for my matches this season. Note: I am already somewhat through the season, and noticed I needed help after starting 2-4. Thanks!
Hi don't create seperate threads for simple questions like these. Use this thread instead. You should probably give this forum's rules a read

For help with teambuilding, you can visit the Competitive Tutoring Room on PS. You can also have teams you built rated in the RMT room or the subforum. You can also sign up to be tutored by players in the Battling 101 forum. However, make sure you've read the forum specific rules for both forums before actually posting in any of them.

Good luck and welcome to smogon.

Hi, I don't know if this is the right thread, but I didn't know where else to write. I noticed that in the PS Calculator the "Wing Attack" move is missing. I know it's basically the same as "Aerial Ace", but i think it should be inlcuded anyway. Thanks!

Hi, when can I see random battle presets?

I mean the pool of pokemon from which teams are randomly built. With their moves, items, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)