Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grassmaster:

No. Ring Target merely changes the battle chart for attacks against its holder. My description for this item reads:

"Attacks against the holder have normal effectiveness against types that those attacks' types would otherwise be ineffective against. (For example, if the holder's type includes Dark, Psychic-type attacks against it have normal effectiveness against the Dark type.) Effects can inflict status problems on the holder if they otherwise wouldn't because of the holder's type."

What are some viable ways to counter sub disable gengar, I have been having some issues with it.
Multi-hit moves, priority, and phazing (Roar and Whirlwind only).
does a ring target guarantee moves like sheer cold hit?

noob alert
how do i change my signature? (aka shout out)
Ring Target makes it so the holder loses immunities, so a Ghost type holding a Ring Target is now vulnerable to Normal and Fighting attacks (for normal damage). It does not affect OHKO moves to my knowledge, which are banned in standard play.

Click on your username in the box towards the top right of the screen, click User CP on the bar (towards the left), and on the side menu you can find an option to change your signature and other things.

I tried Specs Jolteon yesterday and it's basically giving free Swords Dance to Excadrill =/
What item should it carry then?

PS: I'm using Drizzle team, so Sand Rush doesnt work all the time.

I tried Specs Jolteon yesterday and it's basically giving free Swords Dance to Excadrill =/
What item should it carry then?

PS: I'm using Drizzle team, so Sand Rush doesnt work all the time.
Specs Jolteon with the advent of weather is not as viable as in 4th gen. Being locked into Thunder makes you set up for Landorus, Chomp, Exca and Gliscor among many others. I recommend Timid Life orb with HP Ice.

n00b question:

How do you change your greeting for random wifi matches?
Go to your trainer card and tap the greeting. I use funny ones, like things involving "Water Spout", etc.

I like how creative some people can be with that. I'm about to change mine to "ARCEUS, I see.. Go, MAGIKARP!"

Could Avalanche work on lead Mamoswine to hit the likes of Hippowdon?
I would think Icicle Crash would be sufficient, since you don't want to be using a negative priority move on something that shouldn't be taking a huge amount of hits.

Jolly Mamoswine without a boosting item does 46.2% - 54.8% to physically defensive Hippowdon.

With Adamant and Life Orb, it rises to 65.7% - 77.6%

Hi, does Pokerus double the EV gained from Power items? For example, let's say I kill a Basculin (2 speed EV) with Pokemon X with Pokerus and holding a Power Anklet. Do I gain 12 speed EV's in total or do I only get 8?

Hi, does Pokerus double the EV gained from Power items? For example, let's say I kill a Basculin (2 speed EV) with Pokemon X with Pokerus and holding a Power Anklet. Do I gain 12 speed EV's in total or do I only get 8?
It doubles the EV's you get from the Pokemon's EV payout + the Power item payout, so you'd get 12 Spe EV's from a Basculin while having Pokerus and holding a Power Anklet.

The calculation is: Pokemon's EV payout + 4 from Power item x 2 from Pokerus

In Gen V, who are the most likely to carry Taunt? I used to know them off by heart in Gen IV, but now with all the new pokemon, i don't know anymore.

In Gen V, who are the most likely to carry Taunt? I used to know them off by heart in Gen IV, but now with all the new pokemon, i don't know anymore.
Thundurus/Tornadus, Deoxys-S, Whimsicott, and I don't know many others either since I actually don't see Taunt much anymore.

Out of curiosity, can someone link me to the old 4th gen Garchomp threads shortly before it was banned? I played Wifi well before and came back well after Garchomp was kicked into Ubers, and I want to see what people said then.

Battle Subway breeding, SD Scizor with Bullet Punch, U-Turn, SD, Brick Break

Now I got a good Scyther considering I dont RNG:
21/31/31/29/31/31, except it's Naive. I don't care about the Speed much, I'd obviously rather have Adamant. As I'm running a Rain team, Fire won't hit me that hard, but... does the -SpD hurt me a lot? And now that it's +Speed, should I invest in it to outspeed Volcaronas 2 and 3?

Battle Subway breeding, SD Scizor with Bullet Punch, U-Turn, SD, Brick Break

Now I got a good Scyther considering I dont RNG:
21/31/31/29/31/31, except it's Naive. I don't care about the Speed much, I'd obviously rather have Adamant. As I'm running a Rain team, Fire won't hit me that hard, but... does the -SpD hurt me a lot?
I'd use that for an Eviolite Scyther, not for a Scizor. And Scizor appreciates SpDef so it can take attacks like Latias Dragon Pulse, etc.

Eviolite with negative SpD nature and mediocre HP? Seems odd to me... Also it'd be the only Pokemon on my team that resists Dragons.

Edit: Okay, doesn't sound THAT bad, could you please suggest an EV spread?

Also is it legal to use two Pokemon of the same family in the Subway, so I cant breed on for a Scizor and use that as well? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)