Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a Battle Subway team here, looking for a little advice. I was trying to play off of the Zoroark / Reuniclus duo. Zoro comes in as lead, taking a dark or ghost attack and getting a Nasty Plot, then tries to sweep. Reuniclus covers Zoro's fighting weakness. Problem was I had a glaring weakness to bug, so I'm trying Volcarona now. Reuniclus may get replaced with Gengar or Golurk, to lose the bug weakness, meaning Volcarona could become something entirely different. My team is currently really weak to TTar so Volcarona might become something to counter him.

Anyway, don't need a full on RMT analysis, just any suggestions for this.

Zoroark
Illusion
Expert Belt (will be Life Orb once I earn enough BP)
Timid
4 HP/ 252 Sp. Att / 252 Speed
Night Daze
Flamethrower
Focus Blast
Nasty Plot

Volcarona
Flame Body
Lum Berry / Sitrus Berry (don't have two Leftovers yet...)
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Def
Morning Sun
Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz
Fire Blast (will be Fiery Dance once it's leveled up enough)

Reuniclus
Magic Guard
Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Def
Calm Mind
Recover
Psychic
Focus Blast

Got a Battle Subway team here, looking for a little advice. I was trying to play off of the Zoroark / Reuniclus duo. Zoro comes in as lead, taking a dark or ghost attack and getting a Nasty Plot, then tries to sweep. Reuniclus covers Zoro's fighting weakness. Problem was I had a glaring weakness to bug, so I'm trying Volcarona now. Reuniclus may get replaced with Gengar or Golurk, to lose the bug weakness, meaning Volcarona could become something entirely different. My team is currently really weak to TTar so Volcarona might become something to counter him.

Anyway, don't need a full on RMT analysis, just any suggestions for this.
Just two things that come to mind at first glance:
1) You cant use two Leftovers.
2) Volcarona is barely a Tyranitar counter.

@Virizion:
What about my Eviolite Scyther? xD

1) Oh right lol.
2) I meant he would become a different pokemon, something that could counter Tyranitar.
If you go with gengar (or any other poison type) you can use black sludge instead of leftovers. Only difference is sludge is for poison types only.

That is true. Although I have to question Black Sludge's usefulness on a frail pokemon like Gengar, but that's definitely something to keep in mind. Thanks.

Actually now that you say it, Weezing would work as a Tyranitar counter. Hmmm.

If I breed a pokemon with a previous generation TM (for instance, breeding a Stealth Rock Hippowdon in generation V), is the TM still passed on?

I can't seem to find the old guide on what expected IVs are acceptable for legendaries caught in game. I don't have a shiny to be able to control the RNG.

I've been working on a Zekrom and right now have found this one:

Zekrom - #644 (Mild) : 8 / 26 / 5 / 10 / 31 / 30

Possible Hidden Power Types: Fire
Possible Hidden Power Attack Powers: 66

Should I just fill my box and try to get him later once I can control the RNG?

I can't seem to find the old guide on what expected IVs are acceptable for legendaries caught in game. I don't have a shiny to be able to control the RNG.
I've been working on a Zekrom and right now have found this one:
<snip>
Should I just fill my box and try to get him later once I can control the RNG?
Where does having a shiny come into abusing the RNG?

Edit: On a related note, I've just caught a flawless Modest Reshiram without ever needing a Shiny, and don't recall anyone ever mentioning needing one...

Iirc in gen 4 you needed a shiny to figure out the secret ID in the RNG.

So you don't need one in order to figure out RNG? I have some reading to do apparently. Thanks

I´m breeding larvitars planned to be my lead/semi sd wall in a sandstorm team, TR may be involved
sassy, ev to be decided
-pursuit
-stealth rock
-fire blast
-stone edge/EQ

ok.. simple question.. the best ones i have hatch are
1)31/31/26/31/26/25
2)31/31/20/31/31/29

keep trying? am I lossing some important ohko-2hko mark if i use any of those?
(also get a 31/31/31/1/31/0 adamant one if someone is interesed in trade XD PM me)

I'm working on a collection of Syncronizers, and don't have room for all 25. What are the top 6-8 Natures for competitive place?

I assume Adamant, Jolly, Modest, and Timid are among them, but I'm not sure what else to go for.

I don't think I'm asking in the right place, but since I find it complicated to RNG, could someone give me a Timid Shellmet or Accelgor with 70 HP Ice?

I'm working on a collection of Syncronizers, and don't have room for all 25. What are the top 6-8 Natures for competitive place?

I assume Adamant, Jolly, Modest, and Timid are among them, but I'm not sure what else to go for.
Those are indeed the most common four. Go with them, as well as Naive for mixed attackers, and three out of Bold, Impish, Calm, and Careful for a total of eight. Not sure which one would be best to drop, but probably not Bold or Careful. Would probably be better to get all four for a total of nine, really, if you can afford it.

Hasty works as an alternative to Naive, but Naive is generally more used, and can probably be substituted for any time you might want Hasty. Similarly, Relaxed and Sassy can be good for certain walls, Ferrothorn in particular, but Ferrothorn can use Impish or Careful nearly as well.

Those are indeed the most common four. Go with them, as well as Naive for mixed attackers, and three out of Bold, Impish, Calm, and Careful for a total of eight. Not sure which one would be best to drop, but probably not Bold or Careful. Would probably be better to get all four for a total of nine, really, if you can afford it.
Fair enough -- thank you very much! I can't wait until Pokemon Gray or a Wii game comes out. It turns out that "storing them all" is almost as much of a challenge as "catching them all". At this point, I'd pay $10 for some sort of WiiWare PokemonBox.

Bred a hp fire timid magnemite (21/13/30/30/31/30)

If I go for the bulkier ev spread (152 HP / 180 SpA / 176 Spe) what ends up outspeeding my magnezone? Is the drop in power noticeable?

I'm just using it to kill the steels that wall my dragons.

What is the better trait for Mamoswine-SNow CLoak of Thick Fat?
It depends on how you are using it. Since if the Mamoswine is on a Hail Team, Snow Cloak would probably be a bit better since you have constant hail to increase its evasion.

However for every other scenario you probably want to have that bonus resistance to fire and ice since Mamoswine is already weak to most stuff that is thrown at it.

I was wondering, can anyone tell me of any good Personality Number Calculator? I have been looking everywhere and can't seem to kind one. I need it for one of those hacked GTS servers where you just place in the ivs, nature and go, problem is, the personalities are illegal, but it does give you an option to edit personality values, I just need an online calculator to find the value.
I don't mean to be impossing, but my question, was never answered and I actually need this. I do realize that it discusses hacking, but thats only what I use the calculator for, the actual calculator has nothing to do with hacking, and thats all I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)