1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by Firestorm, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 133k

If final gambit doesn't hit, do you still lose all your HP?
  2. poccil

poccil
    is a Researcher Alumnus

133k:

No. The user of Final Gambit faints only if the attack is successful. This is unlike Explosion or Selfdestruct.
  3. 133k

Ok. Thanks for the quick response.
  4. codeanime2

codeanime2

Can I breed Ice Punch AND Drain Punch to a Buneary in gen V?
  5. Mygavolt

Mygavolt

Drain Punch is a Dream World move.

So...no.
  6. tarspaceheel

tarspaceheel

Doubles question: If a Pokemon Flings a Salac Berry at its partner, and the partner has the ability Justice Heart, does that essentially count as a free Dragon Dance for the partner? If so, is that a viable strategy for Terrakion?
  7. kingoftricks

kingoftricks

Smeargle.
  8. Thorhammer

Thorhammer

Thick Fat is the better ability alone, but it's not worth the movepool restrictions.
  9. Redjar

Redjar

Does Reflect affect counter's damage?
  10. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Does using an AR for cloning prevents you for sending Pokemon through the Global Link/Dream World?
  11. lmitchell0012

lmitchell0012 Banned deucer.

Does anyone have a tepig and/or oshawott they can trade me?? Nature, EV's, IV's don't matter.
  12. poccil

poccil
    is a Researcher Alumnus

Redjar:

No. Counter deals a set amount of damage, not determined using the damage formula, so Reflect can't change the amount of damage dealt by Counter. The only exception is if the opponent is immune to the attack.

tarspaceheel:

It can indeed work that way. Fling is a Dark-type attack, so Justified raises the ally's Attack.
    Since the item is a Berry with a "when" trigger condition, its effect triggers even if the ally has more than 1/4 of total HP.

My description for Fling reads in part:

"... If this attack is successful, the thrown item takes effect."

"If the item thrown is a Berry with a "when" trigger condition, a White Herb, or a Mental Herb (but not Berry Juice), the opponent uses that item even if ... the item's trigger condition does not hold."

My description for Justified reads:

"Whenever bearer is hit by a damaging Dark-type attack by a non-bearer, bearer's Attack is increased by 1 stage. "

My description for Salac Berry reads:

"When holder's HP is less than or equal to 1/4 of total HP, and holder's Speed stat stage can be changed by this effect, increases holder's Speed by 1 stage and this item is consumed."

(Has a "when" trigger condition, so "increases [opponent]'s Speed by 1 stage" when it's thrown)

-------
    Your second question asks whether the above strategy is viable for Terrakion. There are several points to consider. First, using a damaging attack on a Terrakion, such as Fling, necessarily involves dealing damage to it, thus making Terrakion weaker in future attacks against it. However, Fling with a Salac Berry has a power of 10, a very low power for an attack, so the amount of damage dealt may be negligable. Second, having Terrakion's ally hold a Salac Berry necessarily involves giving up other items such as Leftovers, Focus Sash, or another item that may be more useful to the ally. Third, the combo will work only once, since Salac Berry is consumed when Fling is used. The important thing, as always, is to test this strategy before committing to it.
  13. 133k

How does the Metal Jewel affect Metal Burst? I fought an Aggron in a random match today that had Sturdy+Metal Burst. What I thought was odd was that Metal Burst does a set amount of damage, but the Metal Jewel still activated.
  14. poccil

poccil
    is a Researcher Alumnus

l33k:

I believe you mean Steel Gem. It happened that way because of the way Steel Gem triggers, before an attack by the holder is used, and before damage is calculated.

My description for Steel Gem reads:

"As an attack by the holder begins, if it would deal damage against at least one of its targets and has the same type as that named by this item, that attack's power is multiplied by 1.5 and this item is consumed before damage calculation."

Even though Metal Burst has no power, per se, the Steel Gem is still consumed before Metal Burst's damage is determined.
  15. 133k

What I meant was, does it affect the damage output of Metal Burst?
  16. poccil

poccil
    is a Researcher Alumnus

133k:

No it wouldn't. Again, Metal Burst has no power, so raising the power of Metal Burst would not change the amount of damage Metal Burst would deal; after all, Metal Burst deals a set amount of damage, not determined using the damage formula. In fact, I answered a very similar question just today about whether Reflect can change Counter's damage; the answer here is no, for the very same reason that Steel Gem can't change Metal Burst's damage.
  17. 133k

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up.
  18. Gengar FTW

Gengar FTW

whats the percentage of a girl riolu and if its even possible

i bred like 20 so far

ALL BOYS
  19. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

75 male, 25 female
  20. kiryu3000

kiryu3000

Hey, quick question about the Pokerus. If I kill a Pokemon with Pokemon X with Pokerus and with a Macho Brace equipped, do I get quadruple the EV's?
  21. Mygavolt

Mygavolt

Hey, quick answer to said question. Yes, you do.
  22. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

It is actually 87.5% male, 12.5% female.

For every 1 female, there are 7 males, so theoretically you should have gotten 2 females so far. But then again percentages don't work like that.
  23. Ashenlock

Ashenlock

What determines how long Pokerus lasts? I thought it lasted 24 hours when the pokemon was outside of the box, but I was just training a pokemon for someone and it disappeared within an hour after I gave it to the pokemon! I don't think I did anything peculiar...
  24. XienZo

XienZo

Pokerus is potentially cleared every midnight by the game's clock.
  25. Ashenlock

Ashenlock

Ah, thank you. That explains it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)