Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a Generation 5 damage calculator been released yet?

And does Prankster raise Trick Room all the way to +1 Priority or does it just raise it from -7 to -6?

Airfoil:

Only from -7 to -6, not from -7 to 1:

"The priority level of the bearer's non-damaging moves is temporarily increased by 1 while determining priority"

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I believe its either excel or some sort of add on for excel, but dont quote me.

I just got Poochyena from DW with Dark Pulse. Is it possible for me to breed it onto a Seviper(and then use it to get DP onto Deino?)
If the two are compatible and Seviper gets Dark Pulse as an egg move, yes!

But Seviper does not get Dark Pulse, so no.

Trying to breed a good Litwick, but I'm not certain on IVs.

Are these any good?
What should I be looking at, what tells me what information, and any improvements please!
Thanks

Now I posted this in the wrong place and it got locked, but I got told to "Check my IV's through battle subway" Elaborate anyone?

Lukeozade:

The stat calculator page is telling you that it can't determine the IVs from the stats given. For each stat, the IV can range from 0 to 31. This is normal for a Pokemon at level 1.

You can check IVs through a blue-haired man in the Gear Station at Nimbasa City, after you beat the game. "Look for Pokémon whose highest IV 'can't be better', and whose overall stat potential is 'relatively superior' or 'outstanding.' If he mentions more than one stat, then the Pokémon's highest IV is in all those stats."

Finally the characteristic will tell you whether it might have the highest IV possible, 31: "If the Trainer Memo doesn't say "Often dozes off", "Likes to thrash about", "Capable of taking hits", "Alert to sounds", "Mischievous", or "Somewhat vain", it's a sure sign that the Pokémon's highest IV isn't 31, the maximum."

My Web site also explains four possible methods of finding individual values, which I hope you find useful:

http://upokecenter.com/games/bw/guides/statfinding.php

Trying to breed a good Litwick, but I'm not certain on IVs.
Hi Luke!

Here are a few things you can do.

1. If you write down your Pokemon's stats at each level (for instance, after feeding them rare candies), and put them in a stat calculator such as this one, you can help narrow down the IVs.
  2. Note that you'll also want to put in the Pokemon's phrase, such as "Proud of its power". This allows you to be more specific.
  3. In the Battle Subway, there's an NPC that says he'll tell you about your Pokemon's potential. This tells you about the sum of all your Pokemon's IVs, and which IV is highest. You can put those answers in the calculator to narrow down the IV spreads.
  4. In the Mistralton City, there's an NPC that will tell your the element of your Pokemon's hidden power. If you put this element into an IV calculator, it will give you more specific results.
Now, there are other ways to check IVs, using material outside the game. One option is Pokécheck, an imaginary GTS site that lets you upload a Pokemon and find out all you ever wanted to know about them.

Good luck!

Thanks for the information. I'll have to get working on a good Litwick!
One last thing. Is there any way to influence the IV's? And after that, how would I keep them while raising the others eg. I breed a litwick, with 31 IVs in SpA, and now I want to get a Litwick with 31 IVs in SpA and Spd. How would I do it?

Thanks for the information. I'll have to get working on a good Litwick!
One last thing. Is there any way to influence the IV's? And after that, how would I keep them while raising the others eg. I breed a litwick, with 31 IVs in SpA, and now I want to get a Litwick with 31 IVs in SpA and Spd. How would I do it?
You can control which IV is passed down by giving the parent with the IV of interest the appropriate power item. For example, you have a father Desukan and a mother Shanderaa. Desukan has 31 SpA Ivs (let's assume this one does) so give him the Power Lens to pass on that stat. We can also assume that Shanderaa is holding an Everstone for Timid / Modest / whatever you want. After that, it's simply two chain of events you can chose from. From there you can either...

a. Breed until you get a baby that also has 31 Spe IVs AND the right nature.

b. Breed for a mother that may just have 31 in Spe AND the right nature, then breed with Desukan until both (or more) IVs are aquired (only SpA is ensured, but there is a chance that that IVs from the mother and the other stats of the father will be randomly passed on).

Edit: Let's assume both carry Adamant, 31 IVs, 252 Atk EVs. Who's Mach Punch is stronger; Roobushin's 60 BP Mach Punch, or Hitmontop's 90 BP Mach Punch?

Ok I tried to look around before asking this, but I can't find anything on it. If this is the wrong place to post this, sorry.
Serebii mentions a limit on the amount of pokemon that can be sent over into your game. They cap it off at 50, meaning (at least my understanding) that after you transfer 50 pokemon from the dream world, you can't ever transfer anymore.
Serebii later mentioned that the limit was withdrawn but when i entered my first dream world, fennel mentioned something about a limit as well.
Does anybody know about this or have over 50 pokemon transferred to prove it wrong? Im a little scared to transfer pokemon over if the limit is 50. Thanks.
Just wanted a second opinion, because i still see that limit everywhere. Thanks

Hitmotop's mach punch is sligthly stronger.
Actually, following on from Toast Tyrant's question, assuming the same spreads and natures, if both were against each other in Singles, and both Mach Punched (because they wanted to go first for some reason), who would strike first, and would they survive the hits, or would one faint? Just wondering, since i'm working on a TechniTop.

Actually, following on from Toast Tyrant's question, assuming the same spreads and natures, if both were against each other in Singles, and both Mach Punched (because they wanted to go first for some reason), who would strike first, and would they survive the hits, or would one faint? Just wondering, since i'm working on a TechniTop.
In the presence of two priority moves, speed stats are used, so Hitmontop's would go first.

I think Roobushin would win due to his much better bulk, but idk.

Yeah, figured as much. Good to know it will outside Roobushin, but I just want to know whether Mach Punch would be the best move in that scenario?

Ok I tried to look around before asking this, but I can't find anything on it. If this is the wrong place to post this, sorry.
Serebii mentions a limit on the amount of pokemon that can be sent over into your game. They cap it off at 50, meaning (at least my understanding) that after you transfer 50 pokemon from the dream world, you can't ever transfer anymore.
Serebii later mentioned that the limit was withdrawn but when i entered my first dream world, fennel mentioned something about a limit as well.
Does anybody know about this or have over 50 pokemon transferred to prove it wrong? Im a little scared to transfer pokemon over if the limit is 50. Thanks.
The limit was removed from the Japanese version. It has not yet been removed from other versions, but it seems reasonable to assume that it will be eventually.

Yeah, figured as much. Good to know it will outside Roobushin, but I just want to know whether Mach Punch would be the best move in that scenario?
Depends. Are you deciding from Roobushin's side or Top's side? Roobushin would be better off going with the Drain Punch since he's going last anyways, while Technitop is best off with Mach Punch.

Can someone explain "lefties numbers"?
That's a number of maximum HP that increases the amount of HP you recover from Leftovers each turn.

Leftovers heals 1/16 of your HP each turn, and rounds down. So if you have a Pokemon holding Leftovers, you want it to have an amount of HP that's a multiple of 16. Say you've got a Pokemon holding Leftovers with 319 HP. If you can give it more EVs in HP, you should, because you're spending 4 EVs to not only get another point in HP, but also one more point each turn. In comparison, spending another 4 EVs after that to increase its HP to 321 is less useful, unless you're planning on going all the way to 336.

However, a problem is that those numbers are also multiples of 8. Most Pokemon lose 1/8 of their HP switching into Stealth Rock, which, although it's less prevalent than in Gen 4, is still a concern in the current metagame. So increasing your Pokemon's HP to a multiple of 8 in that case would also make it take more damage from Stealth Rock, which cancels out the benefit of the HP bonus if you don't have Leftovers. Of course, the numbers are different if the Pokemon isn't neutral to Stealth Rock.

There's an article explaining all of these important HP numbers somewhere, but I'm not sure where it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)