Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Stellar, May 27, 2009.

1. DragonDude

DragonDude

Yes. And if you keep the pokemon in the PC, they won't lose their PokeRus status.
  2. coondog1018

coondog1018

Haha well I won't be getting that. No stadium for me.
  3. thunderstone

thunderstone

do synchronizers work like they do in the 4th gen in Fire Red?
  4. thechocolatebunny

thechocolatebunny

On Netbattle how do you change the mode to D/P mode to RBY mode?
  5. gunbladelad

gunbladelad

In Team Builder, go to the "Version" tab, and make your choice. Easy, really...
  6. Aether Nexus

Aether Nexus

You go to 'Version' to the right of 'File' and just change it to whatever gameplay version you want. True RBY for... well, true RBY or RBY with tradebacks from GSC.

~ Aether Nexus
  7. Amonitas

Amonitas

syncronizers only work in E/D/P/Pt
  8. stingray_spin

stingray_spin

Can the RNG in Ruby/Sapphire be abused like Emerald's RNG, or do you truly have to soft reset in R/S for Shinies/IVs?
  9. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Administrator

At this point exactly how the RNG is seeded in Ru/Sa is not known so it won't be easy without resorting to emulation and save states. Additionally, synchers do not work so it will be more difficult. At this point there is really no reason not to use emerald.
  10. stingray_spin

stingray_spin

Thanks mingot, was just wondering because I'll be playing through Ruby and Sapphire now. Soft resetting it is!
  11. Cloggerdude

Cloggerdude

I know this was an old question, but what Sticky Topic said isn't exactly true.

While he is right about the stat exp, he forgot to mention the effect of DV's on stats. DV's are basically equivalent to IV's in the newer generations.

In RBY a pokemon could have a DV of 0-15 in each stat. A pokemon would have to have DV's of 15 in each stat in order to have perfect stats.

I forget the exact chances, but it would be almost impossible to have a legal team with max stats in RBY, which means the guy in the tournament probably hacked his team with an old Gameshark.
  12. gunbladelad

gunbladelad

Technically, 1 Gen1 & 2 "DV point" is equal to 2 "IV points" in the Advance-onwards., but the end result is more or less the same.

The higher the value, the better the stats. IIRC, the odds of Max Stats was probably close to 1 in 65,000 (I might well be wrong & getting my numbers mixed up here), but you could porbably get close to a "Maxgene" pokemon after catching a couple of boxes-worth of Pokemon.

Of course, if you were to utilise a Maxgene (or close to it) Ditto in G/S/C & use that for breeding, then you could have a good chance of breeding a ecent Pokemon for a R/B/Y squad.
  13. freaktron

freaktron

Meh, i'll just assume for my post at the top of this page that that's all he says. That aside:

It was discovered I think back in 2006 that Emerald had a bugged RNG that, when you begin a new game, sets IV spreads for certain legendaries, and as you would soft reset for them, you would be coming across the same spreads, and eventually they were all you'd run into. I have three questions about that:
    1. Seeing the thread about Emerald's PRNG with all those spreads makes me think that you can use it to break the space-time continuum in your file and run into said spread, even if none of those spreads were chosen when you started up your game. Is that true?
    2. Does this apply to Latios and Latias? I would assume not, since they are never in one particular spot, and the game doesn't know which one you plan to go after. I hope not!
    3. By some crazy chance do these IV spreads have any connection to whether you choose to play as a boy or a girl character, what you name him or her, or your ID No.? Do what you select for those control these spreads in any way?

Thanks.
  14. robopineapple

robopineapple

RNG ABUSE

Could someone give me some pointers on how to RNG abuse in emerald im trying to get a good shiny registeel
  15. stingray_spin

stingray_spin

Is an XD Lunatone one that comes from Pokemon XD on the gamecube? If so, what's so special about it?
  16. Veedrock

Veedrock

1) Um, what? Spreads are completely time dependant and on a set fixed pattern (a spread at 20 seconds on one reset will always be the same spread at 20 seconds on every reset following it). No spread is 'chosen when you start up your game.'
    2) Yes, I've heard it is set the moment you choose the color on the TV after the E4.
    3) As mentioned in 1, it's on a set fixed pattern. The only things that will affect anything are synchronize (takes you to the next spread of the synchers nature), and parent IV inheritance when breeding (you can control which IVs are passed down though).

In its simplest form it isn't more than finding your spread, grabbing a stopwatch and trying to hit it on time...if you find yourself delaying the press, try pressing earlier? Make sure that you remember to subtract the delay frames (70 for Registeel) to your spread though, so when the battle does occur the scene delay adds the subtracted frames right up to your spread.

Yes. It learns Baton Pass through Purification.
  17. stingray_spin

stingray_spin

Thanks, Veedrock.
  18. robopineapple

robopineapple

So do i just use the RNGrecorder and method 1 i havent got my SID for emerald yet but in the RNGrecorder when i click ivs to PID seed it gives me a list of SID that are compatible can i just use those???
  19. graves

graves

Hey (I know this is dumb but I haven't played gba in a while.)
    How do I get Suicune, Entei, and raikou?
    pm me please.
  20. robopineapple

robopineapple

in fire red and leafgreen if you pick squirtle you get raikou charmander equals suicune and bulbasaur equals entei they roam kanto after you beat the elite four

could someone teach me how to sweet scent for shinies in emerald and tell me my SID thanks a lot
  21. pkmn1000

pkmn1000

DOnt ask for sids no one can tell for you.

If in ruby in the cave of origin you ignore waterfall deal with groudon and then leave how do you get waterfall then?
  22. Hit It Hard

Hit It Hard

My roommate and I were having a discussion, which led to Unown. He says that in Gold and Silver, Shiny Unown cannot be caught because it is buggy, causing your game to crash. Is that true? I know in Gold and Silver, Shiny-ness is when a Pokemon has 10 IVs in all statistics. The Unown's letter is also determined through IVs, and having an Unown with 10 IVs in all statistics creates a letter "I" Unown. Therefore, if an Unown is shiny, it will be the letter "I". Can it be found in the wild? And if so, does it crash your game?
  23. .Maguss.

.Maguss.

He probably used Game Shark to found a Shiny wild Pokémon. And since only the I and V forms of Unowns can be Shiny, the game crashed.
  24. IronGross

IronGross

Is it even possible to play these games anymore? My (fake) yellow lost it's memory like seven years ago lol...
  25. gunbladelad

gunbladelad

Almost all of my games work well. The only ones that have died on me so far are Gold & Silver (Both copies of Crystal are still running happily)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)