Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

(Gen 1)All of the Pokémon you receive from in-game trades in R/B/Y have nicknames, like the Seel from Cinnabar called Sailor. And Fire Red and Heart Gold attempt to mirror Kanto closely
Thanks for ignoring my answer and telling me what I already know. They changed the ingame traded Pokemon nicknames: the Jynx in R/B is called Lola, the Farfetch'd is Dux. They're only Zynx and Ch'ding in generation four.

If a Pokémon learns a move only available to them in generation 2 (like Gengar and Ice Punch) but the move exists in generation 1, will they transfer and work correctly?
Yes.

(Gen 2)

Why is there no special attacking set for Mewtwo? and why is the only set Curse anyway? It seems like wasting Mewtwo's Speed is crazy
Mewtwo can act as a wall in GSC. Special sweepers are not good since Snorlax or even Tyranitar would just stop it cold and it has no way of boosting its special attack. I suppose a mixed set with Submission and 3 special moves is also viable. Speed doesn't matter a lot when it doesn't have anything interesting to do with it except... Curse before you get hit. I suggest you play some GSC Standard - you'll figure out why the analysis is like that.

How come Charizard can't learn Fly with the HM, and Dragonite resists Electric attacks in my Blue version?
Charizard only got to learn Fly in Yellow. Dragonite doesn't resist Electric, the message doesn't always show what is actually happening. Electric attacks should do regular damage no matter what the message says.

NEVERMind, i'm sorry, i just found out delaying evolutions don't affect stats.

Smeargle - how come it doesn't pass down Yawn?
I breeded a male Smeargle (Yawn, Curse, Baton Pass, Wish) with a female Eevee that also knows Baton Pass. However, it only passes down Curse, Baton Pass, & wish. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or do I have to get a female eevee that knows yawn and breed it with that smeargle?

I don't actually need yawn in my Umbreon moveset, but it's nice to know I can heartscale that alternative for new movesets.

EDIT: I see that by breeding a smeargle with yawn, wish, and curse Only it passes down all three. maybe you only get three moves passed down. shit.

Can I Ev train 6 pokemon at once?

Hi, I've heard that if you give a pokemon exp. share, it receives the same amount of EVs that it would usually get from the killed pokemon. So would that mean if I gave all my party pokemon an exp. share (or just 1 or 2 other), would they all receive the same amount of EVs from, say, 1 ev from a geodude of 1 ev point?

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I've heard that if you give a pokemon exp. share, it receives the same amount of EVs that it would usually get from the killed pokemon. So would that mean if I gave all my party pokemon an exp. share (or just 1 or 2 other), would they all receive the same amount of EVs from, say, 1 ev from a geodude of 1 ev point?

if you fainted an opposing geodude, all pokemon that participated in the battle and/or held an exp share would receive 1 def EV (which is what geodude "drops" in terms of EVs)

Short answer: yes.

HOW COME FLINCH DOESNT WORK

Hi,

I don't know if this is obvious, but I've never ever thought about it this way: flinch doesn't work on pokemon higher leveled than you?

Because, I just tried for at least 50 times, a headbutt/rock slide lvl 5 dunsparce (yes, serene grace) on several level 13 marills/roselia/volbeats on route 117 or something. and they NEVER flinched ONCE. SOrry if this is really obvious, but I can't find my answer anywhere on the web.

you probably just got a really bad luck because flinch can happen on any pokemon as long you are faster and is using a move that can flinch(duh).

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi,

I don't know if this is obvious, but I've never ever thought about it this way: flinch doesn't work on pokemon higher leveled than you?

Because, I just tried for at least 50 times, a headbutt/rock slide lvl 5 dunsparce (yes, serene grace) on several level 13 marills/roselia/volbeats on route 117 or something. and they NEVER flinched ONCE. SOrry if this is really obvious, but I can't find my answer anywhere on the web.
In addition to what the above poster said, there is no way a lv5 dunsparse will be faster than a pokemon 8-9 levels above itself...flinching only works if you move first, hence, in the situation you described, the moves in question would NEVER flinch, because you are slower.

you cant flinch a switch in either.

anyway, the reason he is a flinch abuser is because he can paralyze with body slam(or thunder wave) before he start spamming the flinch moves. he is far too slow to do that without paralyze.

to be serious i would suggest you stop using him, dunsparce sucks.

I'm trying to trade between my Emerald and Leaf Green versions. I've betean the Elite Four on both games and the Network Machine on Leaf Green is active. When I go to trade I go to the cable corner as I only have a link cable and not the wireless adapter. However, when I save the game and the "Please wait...B Button: Cancel" message appears nothing happens. It stays on that screen until I cancel the trade or turn the game off. The music plays as normal so I don't think the game is freezing.

So, any suggestions? Did I do something wrong? As far as I know my link cable is in perfectly good condition.

Have you got the actual National Dex in Emerald yet? I know it's really straight after you beat the E4 but it's the only problem I can think of other than a faulty WA or LC.

EDIT: To whoever was upset about Yawn Eevee, don't be, because Yawn is not a Gen 3 Egg Move for Eevee. Sorry but you'll have to pass on it...

Yeah I do have the National Dex, I just double checked.
Maybe it is my link cable. I think I have a second one around here somewhere. :/

EDIT: One is a Gameboy Advance while the other is a Gameboy Advance SP. I don't think that should bother anything, but I thought I should put that out there just to be safe.

EDIT2: I think I've found my problem. After doing some research it appears that my Game Link cable is a 2nd generation cable, therefore it can't be used to link 2 GBA games together. I'll probably just have to get a newer link cable or 2 wireless adapters.

Ive heard that some pokemon (like aggron or Magmar) had their stats changed from game to game. Is this true? Do pokemon have their stats altered between games?
Also, between lg/fr and r/s/e, where there any general changes that may affect a battle?
(eg some chances changing etc.)
thanks

Is it possible to get an ID of 00000, especially in the third generation games?

EDIT: I'm kinda curious because I have a friend who just started a new game with a TID of 00000 [on his emulator]. Only cheats that were loaded were walk through walls and view SID.

Ive heard that some pokemon (like aggron or Magmar) had their stats changed from game to game. Is this true? Do pokemon have their stats altered between games?
Also, between lg/fr and r/s/e, where there any general changes that may affect a battle?
(eg some chances changing etc.)
thanks
The only time stats have changed was from Gen 1 to Gen 2 with the Special stat being split into Special Attack and Special Defense. There hasn't been another instance where a pokemon's base stats have changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)