Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

If I want to SR for a latias on sapphire how would I go about doing it? When are the stats determined and whats the best place to find it quickly?

This is for Generation 1. I was just wondering what is a good moveset for a Pikachu/Raichu, besides what Smogon has. I mean do I really need Thunder Wave on Pikachu/Raichu? Can I use Agility instead? I know Thunder(bolt), is needed for a STAB, and Surf for Ground types. Body Slam, Mega Kick, or Seismic Toss. are needed to do damage to other things that resist Ground/Water/Flying. So I was thinking

Agility
Thunder(bolt)
Surf
Submission / Seismic Toss / Body Slam / Double-Edge?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Just asking, it is legal to get an Umbreon with Charm and Baton Pass, correct?

Because if so, PO has it as incorrectly illegal.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

It's legal, both in GSC and RSE. Eevee learns Baton Pass, and Charm is breedable if the father is Snubbull or probably some other Mons as well.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus

It's legal, both in GSC and RSE. Eevee learns Baton Pass, and Charm is breedable if the father is Snubbull or probably some other Mons as well.
alternatively, eevee belongs to the ground egg group, which is also smeargle's egg group meaning that you may just check all of eevee's possible egg moves listed on serebii, pick 4 of them and have a male smeargle to learn them in order to pass them down to eevee. (:

is this a glitch? heres what happen, (POKEMON platinum version)

i was watching a ton of youtube videos on how to get shiney pokemon, like, a ton. and when i was finaly going to get one (shiney buneary in eterna forest) i just ran into a shiney budew, no tricks, no pokeradar, just wild pokemon battle, so i caught it in a dusk ball and decided to call it a day.

ok, so atleast 1-2 months later i was ev training a gastly, and i had 42 spa evs at level 16, but then, i went to check my ivs in serebii iv calculator, and i noticed the gastly had 5 spa ivs and i'm like -_- so i release it and check the ivs of my 2 other gastly, deciding witch to ev train, and i chose modest 15 spa gastly, ok not important. but then before i even left the box, i went to my special pokemon box, (legendairys, shineys, events). and i looked at my shiney budew, but heres the good part!!!

you know how when your in the box, and you just move over a pokemon, and it shows them facing the way they do if you were fighting it, not from the back? well i looked at my budew and it was that way, BUT THEN! i clicked summary and what do ya know! it was still facing that way! crazy!

i know this isn't a short post, but its still a simple question.
i really don't want a glitch shiney, please help.

This is for Generation 1. I was just wondering what is a good moveset for a Pikachu/Raichu, besides what Smogon has. I mean do I really need Thunder Wave on Pikachu/Raichu? Can I use Agility instead? I know Thunder(bolt), is needed for a STAB, and Surf for Ground types. Body Slam, Mega Kick, or Seismic Toss. are needed to do damage to other things that resist Ground/Water/Flying. So I was thinking

Agility
Thunder(bolt)
Surf
Submission / Seismic Toss / Body Slam / Double-Edge?
good, but personaly i wouldn't go with agility, but what smogon has it there for is, well since raichu has good speed, he can get to the foe, and chance them not attacking with thunder wave first, so, if you really don't want thunder wave on raichu, then just ditch t-wave and agility all together, raichus fast enough.

now i'm not used to gen 1, but if he can, teach raichu one of these instead,
grass knot,
fake out,
hidden power (fire, dark whatever you want)

i know he can learn at least 1 of those, probably hidden power.
but seismic toss is the best option on a spa raichu, making sure its atleast 100 damage, if your going with competetive, lv 100.

maybe this didn't help, but i havn't used raichu that much, i do better with sinnoh pokemon.

Alright thanks. Also, another simple question for a simple answer. Can Sand Attack hit Flying-type Pokemon? I've never really seen the outcome of such an attack, and I know it's Ground-type so I assume it's going to miss it, but I've never done it in R/B/Y to see if it hits.

Edit: Instead of taking up another post, might as well ask it in this same post since my question above hasn't been answered yet, so this way I'll hopefully get my two questions answered. Anyways, onto my 2nd question. If you score a Critical Hit, does the Critical Hit negate or add STAB if a STAB move occurs?

Here is the scenario: I have a Persian with Slash. My opponent has, oh lets say a Chansey (the Chansey doesn't really matter, I'm just randomly throwing it in there so my opponent has a Pokemon for you to image being fought against). My Persian uses Slash, and since my Speed stat is a lot of higher than my opponents Pokemon I have a higher success rate of a Critical Hit %. So since stat-up moves like Swords Dancing up negates the CH of Slash, does this occur with STAB? Since Persian is Normal-type and so is Slash it gets the STAB 1.5 bonus, but will it add to Slash's power with a CH or will it just be a CH with no STAB damage added? Also, how much more damage does a CH do? Is there a set percentage/decimal number for the damage? Like how STAB is always x1.5+ damage. Would a Critical Hit be just as much damage as a STAB hit?
if this is in 4th gen or higher, i know that swords dance doesn't ellimanate CH % and speed doesn't matter. i'm not exactly sure what the question was, so heres some answers to multyple questions,
critical hits do 2X damage, STAB raises by, 1.5%, super effective does 2x damage, unless it is 4x super effective.
STAB + critical hit + 4x super effective = 6x the power of the 1.5 % raised move. ability sniper, makes critical hits 4xs, so add that in there on top of 255 atk evs on slash, and you have the maximum damage that move can do.
STAB + critical hit 4x + 4x super effective = 8x the origanal damage, 1.5% more.
ok that was confusing, but if your question was,
Would a Critical Hit be just as much damage as a STAB hit?
the answer would be no, considering if you look at it like this,
slash is 70 damage, but 1.5% makes it 105, but critical hit doubles the origanal amount i am pretty sure, so 140 with stab makes 210 as of critical hit.

sorry if this didn't help

Hi everyone,
I caught a shiny Illumise naturally in my ruby version recently, however it has a bold nature. Here are its details:

Illumise
Lv13
BOLD nature

HP: 39 Sp.Atk 27
Attack: 17 Sp.Def 24
Defense: 22 Speed 27

The question is, i would like to train this pokemon (yes i know illumise and with this nature is pretty silly) but anyway, how can i make this pokemon the best it can be, what moveset would suit the bold nature or how can i make use of this shiny pokemon. Would it help if I traded it to diamond/pearl/platinum to improve it? I can use it as a battler or for contests. thanks for the help
it would work well as a support, if you want,

illumise @ nothing (lol)
ability: oblivious if possible
bold nature (+def -atk)
- covet, to steel item
- encore, to keep them going on whatever it is there doing
- flatter, to chance them hurting themselves
- and wish to restore hp of illumise and team mates

the idea is to switch in on special attacks then encore and flatter to hurt themselves, then wish to stay healthy, and covet in case they have leftovers or something.

thanks for the option to make a brand to illumise set, no credit neaded, although that makes me sound greedy, really this was fun.

i hope this helps, if i had a good contest pokemon.marriland.com, i'd give you that set also.

Can someone please tell me which pokemon appear 100% of the time in Leaf Green and in which areas? It would help me alot . I know of Tangela, paras and hoppip and i think slugma and zubat. are there any more and if so, where are they located?
diglet in diglets cave

Are there any pokemon/moves in DP that can hit alakazam for super effectife damage? or any psychic type for that matter? And if so, what moves would that be?
uhh, any dark type move or bug type move. dark pulse and attack order are good.

Here's a quick question. When using the move Fake Out on a Pokemon, if they carry a Lum Berry or a Mental Herb, do they shake off the flinching effect?

Lum Berry cures things like Poison of Paralysis, not flinching, since it only happens once. I don't know about the other one but I don't think there's anything besides Inner Focus that blocks flinching. And maybe Magic Guard, and some GenV abilities that don't really belong in the Ruins of Alph,

Sup. Me and my friends are having some fun double battles over the holidays on 3rd Gen. My friends know absolutely nothing about evs and i really want to pwn one of them cuz all he can do is brag about his 'lvl 100 swampert' that he did not spcifically ev train. I want to know what would be the best three pokemon to use so i can OBLITERATE THEM! and any counters for swampert!

Sup. Me and my friends are having some fun double battles over the holidays on 3rd Gen. My friends know absolutely nothing about evs and i really want to pwn one of them cuz all he can do is brag about his 'lvl 100 swampert' that he did not spcifically ev train. I want to know what would be the best three pokemon to use so i can OBLITERATE THEM! and any counters for swampert!
Just use a grass type Pokemon like Sceptile. Beware of ice attacks, and done.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Assuming Max HP / No SpD on Swampert & No SpA on Ludicolo:

Giga Drain: 66-78%

You need close to max SpA and + SpA nature to OHKO Swampert on average (303 SpA to be exact).

HP Grass also only OHKO (on average) if Ludicolo has > 260 Sp Atk.

EDIT: oh my bad, your Ludicolo is a special sweeper :x

I plan on playing Stadium again, but I don't have an N64 anymore. I plan on playing on an emulator, but I can't find one that can handle the graphics. Has anyone here ever played Stadium on an Emulator? And if so, what emulator did you use?

Also, how much does Flareon's Quick Attack do to Alakazam in gen 1? And how much does Alakazam's Psychic do to Flareon?

Which pokemon can i breed with snorlax so that the hatched munchlax will know curse? Im playing ruby.
There is no Munchlax in Ruby version. But to hatch a Snorlax with Curse in any of the Gen 3 games, you would have to breed it with a Slowpoke / Slowbro / Slowking.

I'm replaying Pokemon Stadium, so I started a game on my Yellow version so I'm not using Rentals. I have been training up my team and came up with Pikachu (I'm just gonna use it till I get Surfing Pikachu in Stadium), Starmie, Dugtrio (Probably gonna get rid of him b/c lack of power. Guaranteed Crits are nice, but w/o power they fail to KO a lot), Dragonite, and Chansey. I wasn't sure what to put for slot 6, so I just chose Tauros. The problem is, I've already leveled up the first fve, and I just got Tauros to 60 when I realized I already used my Blizzard TM on Dragonite. Should I just teach Tauros Surf instead? I can't teach it Ice Beam either, since I already taught that to Chansey.

IS there a Tradeback metagame? like GSC to RBY. Like (Electabuzz@Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Rolling Kick, Thunderbolt) RSE to GSC or RBY? or a Rhydon (Sub/Swords Dance/EQ/RS)

Well IronGross, I mean like Gyarados with Earthquake, and Rhydon with Swords Dance, moves that they can't normally get in th eolder generation, using them in the older games.

Well IronGross, I mean like Gyarados with Earthquake, and Rhydon with Swords Dance, moves that they can't normally get in th eolder generation, using them in the older games.
If they can't learn them in the older generation then they can't learn them in the older generation. Let's say it was possible to trade my LG/FR Pokemon to the first gen. games. I still wouldn't be able to trade my Charmander if it knows metal claw onto to any of the Generation I games because it originally wasn't able to learn that move in Generation I.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)