Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

Is it illegal in gen1 tournaments to use WTFkangaskhans? WTFkangaskhans are basically 'Ms (by-products of the missingno glitch, good for 7-letter name trainers who don't encounter missingno duplicate their 6th item.) taught unique movesets (Mine had cut/fly/water gun/sky attack) and leveled up a lot (grow really fast) and at level 100, they are allowed to evolve into the non-glitched kangaskhan, the thing that all glitch pokemon seem to evolve into. These odd little pokemon can be traded to gen2, but I faced a competitor with a WTFkangaskhan with a smeargle-like moveset and beat the crap out of my decent team. Is this even legal?

Is leaving my GBA SP or GameCube with GB Player on for many hours order to use R/S's ocean current glitch at all damaging to my R/S cart? I'm thinking of doing this with my Ruby, and its internal battery has already run dry, so I figure there's nothing left that could possily be damaged, but I'm not 100% sure.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is leaving my GBA SP or GameCube with GB Player on for many hours order to use R/S's ocean current glitch at all damaging to my R/S cart? I'm thinking of doing this with my Ruby, and its internal battery has already run dry, so I figure there's nothing left that could possily be damaged, but I'm not 100% sure.
Nope.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is it illegal in gen1 tournaments to use WTFkangaskhans? WTFkangaskhans are basically 'Ms (by-products of the missingno glitch, good for 7-letter name trainers who don't encounter missingno duplicate their 6th item.) taught unique movesets (Mine had cut/fly/water gun/sky attack) and leveled up a lot (grow really fast) and at level 100, they are allowed to evolve into the non-glitched kangaskhan, the thing that all glitch pokemon seem to evolve into. These odd little pokemon can be traded to gen2, but I faced a competitor with a WTFkangaskhan with a smeargle-like moveset and beat the crap out of my decent team. Is this even legal?
Only legitimate realmons can be used. No glitch abusing movesets on competitive teams.

Thanks, OD. Another question:

According to Bulbapedia, after the play time on a R/S/E game cart hits 999:59, the game fails to generate more Mirage Island numbers. My Ruby cart has hit 999:59 and it has a dead internal battery. How will Mirage Island operate in my game? Is the number forever set in stone, meaning that I can just keep bringing Pokémon until I find one with a PID where the last 2 bytes match the Mirage Island number, and I will then always be able to see Mirage Island if I bring that Pokémon?

What's the easiest way to get Synchronizers in Pokemon Emerald?

I was thinking using the Safari Zone to catch Natus, and use the Pokeblock feeder to attract certain natures, but I want to know if there's an easier way other than trading. I also have an Abra I can breed, but I don't have the patience to hatch a bunch of eggs and hope I get my wanted natures (I don't have a female with the right nature to attach an everstone to D:).

Thank you! :)

What's the easiest way to get Synchronizers in Pokemon Emerald?

I was thinking using the Safari Zone to catch Natus, and use the Pokeblock feeder to attract certain natures, but I want to know if there's an easier way other than trading. I also have an Abra I can breed, but I don't have the patience to hatch a bunch of eggs and hope I get my wanted natures (I don't have a female with the right nature to attach an everstone to D:).

Thank you! :)
Go for catching Natus. Easiest way without breeding hassle!

I'm going to ask a question about XD: Gale of Darkness.

Do the special moves only come up if a pokemon is purified on XD, or can they be learned?

Let's say I breed a really good Altaria, and transferred it at level 35 - if I level it up one level in XD (to level 36), will it learn Heal Bell?

(Don't laugh at me, I haven't played in a very long time)

Misdreavus - that sounds about right. But I don't think it is PID. Is it?
Princess of Johto - nice idea! I didn't even think of that.

I'm going to ask a question about XD: Gale of Darkness.

Do the special moves only come up if a pokemon is purified on XD, or can they be learned?

Let's say I breed a really good Altaria, and transferred it at level 35 - if I level it up one level in XD (to level 36), will it learn Heal Bell?

(Don't laugh at me, I haven't played in a very long time)

Misdreavus - that sounds about right. But I don't think it is PID. Is it?
Princess of Johto - nice idea! I didn't even think of that.
Actually, I believe the special moves they obtain are only obtainable when you capture them from ingame trainers. Any transferred pokemon will not have special moves unless you tutor them.

It's possible to use the connector link of the GC on the Wii to connect pokemon emerald to colosseum/XD? sorry for my bad english.
Yes, if you're playing Colosseum/XD on the Wii, you can use the GBA-to-GCN link cable with the Wii's GameCube controller slots to trade with R/S/E/FR/LG.

---

A question of my own:

I know that in Yellow, attempting to use an item on Pikachu that would have no effect (such as a Potion while it is at full HP) would still increase its happiness, and in G/S/C, attempting to use a vitamin on a Pokémon when it would have no effect (because the Pokémon has hit 25600 stat experience in that stat), would increase its happiness. I assume this has been corrected in generations 3 and on; in these games, a Pokémon's happiness is unaffected if you try to use a vitamin and it has no effect (because the Pokémon has hit 100 EVs in that stat and/or 510 EVs total), correct?

If a pokemon uses rage, and on the same turn is attacked with a multi-hit move, does its attack increase for each hit? or just once?

OK, we all know by now that Shadow Pokémon in XD are set to never be shiny. But what about Poké Spot Pokémon, or Duking's trades, or ZAPRONG, or Michael's Eevee?

I'm wondering if there is any need for a Gen 1 "Poke-myth" thread. I don't see anything quite like what I'm going after, which is: the various myths about things that were possible within the original titles (Pikablu, the Pokegod factory, the dump truck and Mew, the ladder of Pokemon to reach the Cinnabar man, etc.). Would such a thread be immediately locked if it were created?

Where is the best place to find Gen 3 matches? Because, when I try on PO, basically no one is on and I can pretty much never find a match. Is netbattle even remotely active? Are there servers up for netbattle?

Was there anything special about the memory card that came with Pokémon Box: Ruby & Sapphire, or was it indistinguishable from a generic official GCN memory card of the same size?

For Netbattle, you need to know the server addresses to be able to connect to the servers, as the registry has been down for some time.

To my knowledge the memory card that came with Pokemon Box was just a general GCN memory card (or at least, the one that came with my PAL Gamecube Pokemon Colloseum Mega pak bundle was a bog standard 251 block card with no special features)

Was there anything special about the memory card that came with Pokémon Box: Ruby & Sapphire, or was it indistinguishable from a generic official GCN memory card of the same size?
That memory card comes with only exactly enough space on it for Box itself. It's also colored red and blue.

What's a place in Emerald with high level pokemon but the pokemon are harmless? Like, they won't KO a level 5 Staryu? I'm using the Pomeg Glitch and it's taking a while... I would try secret base battles, but I have no one to mix records with .-.

I would definitely have Base battles if I could :x

I tried Wailmer, Water Pulse somehow KOs my Staryu egg :/

Edit: Nvm, I got my Staryu egg to Lv. 10 and now Wailmer can't do a thing. But I still can't find a place that gives a lot of EVP but doesn't take a lot of steps to get to (I was going to Desert Underpass but I don't want my egg to hatch). This will take a while...

Edit: Lv. 13, woohoo. /sarcasm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)