Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It doesn't quite work like that.

To paraphrase the linked post, critical hit damage is based on stages, not on taking the higher of two damage calculations. So if a Pokemon's defensive stage (e.g., Defense +1) is greater than or equal to the attacker's offensive stage (e.g., Attack +0 or Attack +1), the critical hit is calculated as though both were at +0 and no other effects (e.g., Burn, Reflect) existed. If the Attacking Stage is higher than the Defending Stage, then nothing is ignored (including Reflect, Burns, etc). This is where things might get wonky; A +1 Burned Tyranitar, for instance, would do less with a Critical Hit than a +0 Burned Tyranitar would. Of course, in non-crit situations, the +1 Burned Ttar would still do more.

In the Skarm case, the reason nothing is ignored is because Skarm's Attack stage (+6) is higher than the other Skarm's Defense stage (+4).

Yeah, the algorithm is not intuitive at all.

In Gen 2, does exp share give stats exp equally?

Example: my level 80 Snorlax fainted a level 50 Mew. I have 5 other pokemon in my rooster who all equipped exp share do they all gain 100 stat exp or 50 for snorlax and 10 for each of the 5 remaining pokemon?

gumnas

formerly .Maguss.
In Gen 2, does exp share give stats exp equally?

Example: my level 80 Snorlax fainted a level 50 Mew. I have 5 other pokemon in my rooster who all equipped exp share do they all gain 100 stat exp or 50 for snorlax and 10 for each of the 5 remaining pokemon?
It doesn't share stat exp.

Is there anything known about the RNG for wild Pokemon in Gold/Silver? I know RNG only really became popular in Emerald, but has anyone ever gone bad and analyzed good old GS?

I'm EV training my Metang in Emerald. Metang holds a Macho Brace. If the wild Shuppet uses Knock Off, will I still get double EVs after defeating the Shuppet even though I'm no longer holding the Macho Brace?

Does anybody know, or have a rough estimate, as to how many times one pokémon would need to run through the full elite four+rival in pokémon yellow to get maximized stat exp. from 0? Thanks

I'm trying to breed an LC Elekid in Gold with Thunderbolt/Ice Punch/Karate Chop/Quick Attack. I left the parents in the day care (both Electabuzz, same IDs, that should mean that they make an egg faster than "diff species, same ID" combo, but they definitely haven't). I biked for about an hour yesterday...no egg. Am I doing something wrong or is my luck really that crappy?

Additional Info: I deleted Swift and Ice Punch from the father b/c I dont want QA to be deleted, I want the baby born with QA. So the dad only had Thunderbolt + Karate Chop. At first I thought I may have activated some glitch where the computer has trouble generating an egg and deciding the moves because there are blanks in a parent's moveset. So today I took both parents out, taught the dad Strength + Iron Tail, and put them both back in. Then I biked, did nonstop motion for 20 minutes straight...still no egg. What gives? Does it matter that the father came from an egg of the female it's being bred with?

Parents (if this helps):
Electabuzz (M)
- Karate Chop
- Thunderbolt
- Strength
- Iron Tail

Electabuzz (F)
- Swift
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Light Screen

Are the damage formulas for third gen and fourth gen the same? I want to create some custom EV spreads for the Battle Frontier in Emerald, but I want to make sure Smogon's damage calculator is accurate.

Is there anything known about the RNG for wild Pokemon in Gold/Silver? I know RNG only really became popular in Emerald, but has anyone ever gone bad and analyzed good old GS?
This is the only info I know of about Gen I and II RNG.

Is there a known procedure to get PokéRus via a glitch? I know it can happen as a result of the Celebi glitch.

Does anyone know what is the effect of each evasion/acuraccy modification in gen 1 and gen 2? I've seen this relating gen 4, and I'm pretty sure it is the same for gen 3, but I think the evasion/accuracy stats work differently in gen 1 (I've seen this indeed), and I don't know about gen 2 (although it's likely that it works like in gen 1).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)