Resource Ask a simple question get a simple answer: RU edition

so i'm breeding taillow and I want to breed hp grass on it...is there really a reason to use timid over naïve? (my reasoning is u turn damage but I'm not sure if the extra little bit in SP Def saves it from any relevant KOs in RU (not really my "home" tier))

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
so i'm breeding taillow and I want to breed hp grass on it...is there really a reason to use timid over naïve? (my reasoning is u turn damage but I'm not sure if the extra little bit in SP Def saves it from any relevant KOs in RU (not really my "home" tier))
For something as frail as Swellow I'd go naive, but either nature works about equally as well.

Hello, I'm a new user at these forums, so I'm a little unsure where to actually ask about these sorts of things, but here goes anyway.

I've been reading up on various movesets for a few pokemon, in particular Braviary and Tyrantrum. All sets that suggest a choice scarf suggest also that they should be of Jolly nature. So I wonder, if you're going scarf, why use a Jolly nature instead of Adamant? If you just invest in Speed EVs and run Adamant, you'll outspeed things still, yet pack a greater punch due to the Atk boost from Adamant. I merely wonder what the thought process behind running JollyScarf instead of AdamantScarf.

Apologies in advance if this is not the appropriate place to post this.

Hello, I'm a new user at these forums, so I'm a little unsure where to actually ask about these sorts of things, but here goes anyway.

I've been reading up on various movesets for a few pokemon, in particular Braviary and Tyrantrum. All sets that suggest a choice scarf suggest also that they should be of Jolly nature. So I wonder, if you're going scarf, why use a Jolly nature instead of Adamant? If you just invest in Speed EVs and run Adamant, you'll outspeed things still, yet pack a greater punch due to the Atk boost from Adamant. I merely wonder what the thought process behind running JollyScarf instead of AdamantScarf.

Because running adamant leaves you outpaced by Jolteon, which is capable of revengekilling both.

Adamant Scarf Braviary misses out on Jolteon, while Adamant Scarf Tyrantrum misses out on Dugtrio and Jolteon. A Jolly nature outspeeds these Pokemon, as Jolteon otherwise threatens Braviary out and Tyrantrum can be successfully trapped and revenge killed by Dugtrio.

edit: semi-ninja'd, rip

Why is it that Ambipom is so popular? I see it everywhere yet it seems to be deadweight against any team with Cobalion/Rhyperior/Any bulky resist?

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why is it that Ambipom is so popular? I see it everywhere yet it seems to be deadweight against any team with Cobalion/Rhyperior/Any bulky resist?
Its so popular because it has a couple of things going for it that make it seem like a good Pokemon. Namely its high speed, Fake Out + Technician, and access to Knock Off. Having priority like that is incredibly appealing to low level players but when push comes to shove Ambipom just ends up killing itself with LO recoil damage against things like Mola.

Ares

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Please explain why Cincinno is RU?
Cincinno is actually more usable than Ambipom, it has a good ability with technician and the moves to abuse it. Kingsrock means that you are getting almost a 50% flinch chance (its like 42% or something idk off the top of my head), flinching the opponent almost half the time is really appealing to newer players. On top of all that it has a decent attack and great speed.

Edit @ above i think he was referring to why isn't it NU

Ares

i know, i was wondering why it wasn't in BL2 or UU.
sorry if i wasn't clear.
Oh lol, it really isnt that good, its decent but not amazing. It has a hard time breaking past certain walls, is easily revenge killed and can be easily controlled in all play styles. Yes the flinch chance is a pain in the ass, but you should have stuff on your team to either check or counter Pokemon like Cinccino.

Hi everyone this is my first post here. Anyways does anyone by chance know what a good moves set is for meloetta. I just recently got one and has a lax nature.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi everyone this is my first post here. Anyways does anyone by chance know what a good moves set is for meloetta. I just recently got one and has a lax nature.
Choice sets and CM are most common for Meloetta. Choice sets generally run the moveset given by gorex while Cm usually goes Sub, CM, Hyper Voice, Shadow Ball. Choice sets use a Timid nature while SubCM uses Modest and focuses more on bulk.

phantom

Banned deucer.
enough speed to outspeed choice scarf moltres (the most relevant, and really only, choice scarf user) after a boost followed by max attack with the rest dumped into hp (note: make sure you have an even hp number to activate the sitrus berry after a bellydrum).

it would basically equal this:

52 hp / 252 atk / 4 def / 200 spe for adamant

or

132 hp / 252 atk / 4 def / 120 spe for jolly

If you want to be extra careful, you can go 200 speed jolly for scarf delphox, it's not very common but i just like being a little more cautious personally

edit below:

it says jolly oo

Last edited:
Thanks Spirit

I was just wondering because in your post in the RU Cores thread you gave an import of Slurpuff with the EV spread you listed here for Adamant, but with a Jolly nature. I assume that's a typo?

• Thanks Spirit

I was just wondering because in your post in the RU Cores thread you gave an import of Slurpuff with the EV spread you listed here for Adamant, but with a Jolly nature. I assume that's a typo?
    Well if it was my Slurppuff i woudl use max investment in Speed with Adamant Nature, ther are many fast Scarfers, not just Delphox that could end your sweep and i dont think the minimun extra hp is necesarry.
  • 4 HP
  • 252 Atk
  • 252 Spe

if I were to make an ru trick room team around mega abomasnow and reuniclus, what would be some good teammates for the two? I have very little experience in the tier and need all the help I can get

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)