Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'TCG' started by Cassie, Apr 30, 2012.
Just get the Leafeon one. Only decision.
Yeah, unless you REALLY want a glaceon and don't use online shopping, Leafeon was a MUCH better theme deck (which is a shame, Glaceon is SO COOL!)
Battle Roads this weekend. Have no idea what deck to run..have 4 options.
But the issue is all 4 decks are missing a handful of cards that are a must.
This is going to suck.
I don't expect to win..as Chicago has some f the top players in the game and ppl in the area by me have all the money and cards they need at any time.
But I also don't want to be an auto-win for them.
Man..I really want one of those 1st-3rd cards. Damn
Might just accept the fact that I won't win..and build a deck that won't have me rolling over. Really sucks how this week only, our league isn't having midweek league before Saturday, so the option to trade before the event for key cards basically won't happen.
Only cards I was able to buy on ebay in time were dark patches and claws. Will get here Friday thankfully.
As long as you aren't missing Deoxys(s), I'd say Plasma. Plasma and Darkrai were the top 2 at the battle Roads I went to! Good Luck!
Already done lol
Got 3rd best record.
Was enjoyable. Did better than I thought.
Ran Quad Snorlax at league tonight. Lol... Won each matchup except the dreaded Blastoise matchup. I had no chance. Keldeo all over the place, and Snorlax was so slow setting everything up that Black Kyurem ran rampant both times. (Played the kid twice)
It's a fun deck.. Slows the game down dramatically. Like..extremely slow and dull. Each time if the game goes according to plan..we each almost deck out lol.
I won decking a Darkrai deck out. Humorous for sure.
Actually a couple questions:
1. How much has the game changed since the last set I ever played was back when Gym Challenge was around.
2. For a person getting back into the game, how long are usually modified sets in rotation, and what is going out soon?
3. My final question, what is a decent Budget deck/Theme Deck to start off with for a person re-entering
The Black Kyurem and Blastoise Deck is a good theme deck, if you want to use the new plasma cards, Leafeon hands down! gotta get a Keldeo Tin to go with the blastoise deck though! (I don't know the other answers as I just started recently)
Man, you've missed a lot.
1. So much has happened in the past 13 years since the Gym Challenge era that I couldn't possibly fill you in on everything. Biggest change, though, was that in 2002 (I think) the TCG started being made by Nintendo (Wizards actually almost killed the game, so Nintendo took over), who also began the current tournament system. Since then, we've seen Dark, Metal, and Dragon get added to the types, new mechanics, old cards getting reprinted, crazy formats, and the rise of a successful tournament scene. I've certainly enjoyed the ride!
2. Generally, a set is legal for two world championships, so around two years or seasons. Right now, the modified format is Black & White to the latest set (Plasma Freeze), but in August after worlds, the next modified format will start, which I think will end up being Dragons Exalted-on (though others think it might be Next Destinies- or Dark Explorers-on). The sets being rotated will probably be announced this month.
3. A pretty good, fairly cheap, and fun deck that keeps most of its pieces for the next format uses White Kyurem EX from Plasma Storm and Chandelure from Plasma Freeze. There's a thread for it with decklists here.
Hi I have a question. I'm very interested in playing the game online but all I got to start out with is a mono fire and normal junk starter deck.
How long does it take to get good cards on the online version so I could build myself a tournament worthy deck?
I know the best way to get cards is to do trainer challenge but that still seems way to slow as I only get like 3 tokens every now and then and maybe a few cards that may or may not be useful.