1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - UU Edition

Discussion in 'BW UU' started by kokoloko, Jul 8, 2012.

1. GSP

GSP

Against a physically defensive Skarmory, it's 70.66%-83.23% (a 2HKO). Against specially defensive Skarm, it's 47.9%-56.29% (2-3HKO). Unless you want to run a -Speed nature, you're gonna have to lower one of its defensive stats.

And yes, just convert to HP EVs into Special Attack EVs.
  2. xRedx

xRedx

3. Ace Emerald

Ace Emerald Professional
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Visual Media Head

4. AWESOMESAWCE

AWESOMESAWCE

Newbie question, but where can I find a list of pokemon not allowed in UU, thanks.
  5. melvni

melvni
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/

Any Pokemon on the list for Borderline, Overused, or Uber is not allowed in UU.
  6. HuntSaboteur

HuntSaboteur

1) If a suspect is banned in UU but the RU council has unanimously voted against banning it, is it banned in RU?

2) Give me an estimate of what percentage of UU teams nowadays feature Gothitelle.
  7. Exclamation!

Exclamation!

1) If it's banned in one tier, it's banned in all the lower ones, so yes.

2) 0.021% acording to July's usage stats.
  8. HuntSaboteur

HuntSaboteur

I need an estimate for now. I'm pretty sure nowadays it is on less than 0.021 percent of teams.
  9. cim

cim happiness is such hard work
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Wait a few days and usage stats will be out.
  10. Silvershadow234

Silvershadow234 :]]]]]
    is a Pre-Contributor
    Mentor

The percentage is 2.217 for Gothitelle.
  11. Notty

Notty

Is Regenerator not supposed activate on Mienshao if it uses Baton Pass?
  12. DestinyUnknown

DestinyUnknown in other words...
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus

What do you mean by ''not activate''?

If you're asking if Regenerator restores HP after using Baton Pass, yes it does. Regenerator works when using Baton Pass.
  13. Mazz

Mazz Retired
    is a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

While DUnk answered this, I want to point out that if Regenerator was cancelled out due to making contact with Cofagrigus, changing Meinshao's ability to Mummy, or if an opponent used Simple Beam or another ability-suppressing/swapping move, then it would not activate upon using Baton Pass.
  14. hilarious

hilarious

I am pretty sure PS is glitched so Regenerator won't work with Baton Pass (i used it myself and made sure I had the right ability, but yes it is supposed to work. Might have been fixed though!
  15. Notty

Notty

Yeah, this.

I've been using a Sub/BP set and failing to get the Regen, so I was wondering if it was a bug or not. Thanks!

EDIT: Still bugged. Oh well.
  16. Bigblue

Bigblue

Hello UU moderators, I have mastered the skills of RU over months of practice (Like literally 8 months to become pro, lol) but now I have decided to take a dip into another tier. So I have chosen UU and I was curious to know where I should start? I know how to team build and how to battle I just need to get the feel of UU and is there a thread or place that could help me? (Not battling 101) Also I assume that you have a #underused like we have #rarelyused, could you link it in your response plz =)
  17. DestinyUnknown

You could start by looking at some teams on the RMT Section like this, this or this

You can also read the main discussion thread (here)

The IRC channel is #genvuu (direct link)
  18. cim

cim happiness is such hard work
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

what's stall's response to kingdra look like? i can't find much
  19. kokoloko

kokoloko yes, this is dog.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

20. Mazz

Mazz Retired
    is a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

You could also try Ferroseed if Slowking isn't working for you. It's what I've been using on my stall team. Empoleon is always useable too, but isn't as bulky as neither Slowking or Ferroseed.
  21. DestinyUnknown

Ferroseed's problem is that it flat out loses to Sub+Dragon Dance Kingdra as it just lets it set up on its face, which isn't good to begin with. It can act as a ''pivot'' in the sense that it can take any attack from Kingdra, but Ferroseed isn't very good in UU honestly.

Slowking is definitely the best way to handle Kingdra because it lets you figure out what set it's running without losing any pokemon, but Porygon2 and bulky water-types like Slowbro, Suicune or Blastoise should work alright to scout what set Kingdra is running, which lets you handle it accordingly.
  22. MRS3

MRS3

Has roseraide recently been put into ou? He is listed as uu but i put him on my uu team and it changed to an ou team.
  23. Silvershadow234

Silvershadow234 :]]]]]
    is a Pre-Contributor
    Mentor

Hi MRS3-you must be playing on Pokemon Online, since Roserade is still UU on Smogon. If you are playing on Pokemon Showdown, make sure to check you aren't using an overused Pokemon such as Mew who moved up last round.
  24. MRS3

MRS3

i am using pokemon online on my android. my team consists of:

Suicune
    Heracross
    Togekiss
    Roserade
    Aerodactyl
    Rhyperior

i had a jumpluff instead of roserade previously, but now my team is registered as ou.
  25. Mazz

Mazz Retired
    is a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Because Roserade is listed as BL on Pokemon Online. Smogon has a different tiering system than PO, so you'll have to go without Roserade if you want to keep playing PO on your android. Pokemon Showdown!, which uses Smogon's tiers, will allow you to use Roserade on your team.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)