1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Discussion in 'VGC' started by makiri, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Unless you have multiple Electric immunities on your team, Thunderbolt. Even on a TR team, Discharge's paralysis chance can screw you over at the worst of times (I lost in the Worlds LCQ last year mainly because I accidentally used Discharge with the wrong partner in).
  2. Golden Piloswine

Golden Piloswine

Nop the only immunity I have is Marowak, so I guess I'm going with Thunderbolt. So should I use Sitrus Berry or Electric gem?
  3. voodoo pimp

Well, that complicates things a bit more. I'm assuming Marowak's ability is Lightningrod? Because that will also redirect your own Thunderbolts.
  4. Golden Piloswine

Golden Piloswine

nope, I prepared for this, I bred Battle Armor onto it.
  5. voodoo pimp

Then never mind, definitely go for Thunderbolt.
  6. kerbykong

kerbykong

What is not allowed in VGC? Aside from generated Pokémon, what is the ban lists of moves, abilities and Pokémon?
  7. Solace

Solace some legends are told some turn to dust or to gold
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

8. Thadenvy

Thadenvy

I'd just like to say this again, because it was lost in the last page and wasn't ever answered.
  9. bluejay8295

bluejay8295

Ok, I've been reading up about RNG but it is just to complicated for my adolescent brain to articulate. Would anyone be nice enough to RNG a Tyrogue for me?
  10. Solace

is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

11. Drifblim

Drifblim

Keeping Latios lets you easily deal with most Fighting types, bar Scrafty and a few others. Tyranitar can act as a half decent TR counter, he dies to most TR attackers but works well against common setup-ers like Cress. Thundurus does not have Encore, though he does have Taunt. Whimsicott has both, but remember that TR teams will be expect disruption from those two and may play around accordingly. Maybe you should post a draft of your team in the RMT Other Teams forum, it seems like presenting the full team their would help you get better answers.
  12. Thadenvy

Thadenvy

Thanks, Drifblim!
  13. madvorak

madvorak

I have a question that regards double battle mechanic.
    I read that in Gen4 when move like Rock Slide (which has only 75% power in doubles) KOs an opponent Pokémon, it hurts the second Pokémon with 100% power. Is this "bug" in 5gen games?
  14. R Inanimate

R Inanimate Grasp the earth, Grasp the World.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

It's not. The only way that a multitarget move hits for 100% power is if there is only one target for the attack when it is used.
    So moves like Blizzard or Rock Slide will only be 100% if there is only one opponent remaining to be hit by it, while moves like Explosion and Earthquake would require one target remaining between the two opponents and your ally.
  15. Nintendan

Nintendan

Just to confirm, RNG'd Pokes are legal and won't be picked up by the hack check, even if they have outrageous capture dates, right?
  16. honchkro13

honchkro13

Correct.
  17. Evenus

Evenus

Is it possible to give my Gastrodon an Absorb Bulb, with the ability Storm Drain to boost its SpAtk by 2 stages when it gets hit by my 2nd Pokemon's Surf?
  18. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Absorb Bulb doesn't activate if the Pokemon has an immunity to water-type moves.
  19. Wildfire

Wildfire

Is anyone who is streaming world's or know someone who is going to stream it?
  20. nightwolf

nightwolf

twitch.tv will stream the finals on sunday which is the the official streaming starting at 9 am PDT on this channel -> http://www.twitch.tv/gamespot
    unfortunately after some searching it seems there won't be any coverage for today or tomorrow officially. unofficial streams could be out there but i haven't found any
    you can also try here but it doesn't seem like anything is showing or lcq is over http://www.twitch.tv/nuggetbridge
  21. Team Rocket Elite

Team Rocket Elite Data Integration Thought Entity
    is a Pokemon Researcher

There are no TVs set up for LCQ so there's nothing to stream.
  22. Solace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)