Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Hopefully they give out something better and more useful at worlds like they did last year (thought the milotic was useable).

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to see the Azure Flute finally distributed. This just may be one of the last opportunities before BW.

Though yeah, a Togekiss would be cool.

I'd like to see the Azure Flute finally distributed. This just may be one of the last opportunities before BW.

Though yeah, a Togekiss would be cool.
I'd love for that to happen, but I'm pretty sure the Azure Flute is going to go the way of the GS Ball and the Old Sea Map in America; they distribute the Pokémon, but not the item that allows you to unlock the event and catch the Pokémon yourself. Once HG/SS came out, I was pretty sure that the chance for us to get the Azure Flute had passed, since Nintendo's events will be focusing on HG/SS stuff (and the Azure Flute Arceus event doesn't exist in those games, of course).

I expect them to distribute another competitively useful Pokémon at Worlds like they did with Lucario and Weavile the last 2 years. I was wondering if they'd still be distributing the shiny Eevee in addition to that, but I guess not.

As you can tell I am new to competitive battleling, this question concerns the VGC hack detector, will a Latios caught in the wild be considered a hack if was caught in a Action Replayed Master Ball?

Edit: Please note this i not for me but my sister, and we have no intention to cheat past the hack detector or to cheat to wn

Is cloning kosher in these competitions, seeing as how you can do it via the GTS? I'm wondering if I'd be in trouble if a friend and I happened to face each other with the same Pokemon on both of our teams (different moves/EVs, but same nature/IVs/PID).

Yes, it is okay, cloning would not make you fail a hack check. As long as the pokemon was originally legit it is okay. You can even clone with an AR I believe and it will be okay.

Is there ever going to be a VGS tourney in Canada? I don't have the time/money/energy to go too the states, so is there going to be an jorney arcoss canada, or an international tour visting cities like Winnipeg, Vancover, Ottawa,Toranto, Calgry or Edmanten, basicly all the provincal captils?

P.S. don't care if it goes in Regina, for I'm a Blue Bomber fan

Is there ever going to be a VGS tourney in Canada? I don't have the time/money/energy to go too the states, so is there going to be an jorney arcoss canada, or an international tour visting cities like Winnipeg, Vancover, Ottawa,Toranto, Calgry or Edmanten, basicly all the provincal captils?

P.S. don't care if it goes in Regina, for I'm a Blue Bomber fan
They are working on it:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71549

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Is cloning kosher in these competitions, seeing as how you can do it via the GTS? I'm wondering if I'd be in trouble if a friend and I happened to face each other with the same Pokemon on both of our teams (different moves/EVs, but same nature/IVs/PID).
Haha. Like every single person playing uses clones. (well most of them).

I keep telling myself I'll write another message 'after this' or 'after that'.
Gotta stop being so shy and message now.
I know my team for VGC, 100% certain, but I need help getting it together. Anybody willing to help? I asked earlier as well, but time is getting pretty short...

Quick question... If I caught a legendary pokemon using a at code to re- enable the event would that pokemon be flagged as hacked in legit or the program that vgc uses.

Example: Already fought and beat groudon in ss. Used ar Rebattle code to battle him again and caught it. Is that groundon going to be flagged as hacked???

Thanks in advance

If you fight and kill Groudon it will respawn automatically after you beat the É4.
However, no, it will not be detected as hack, nor legal hack will.

Hitmontop - Technician, Adamant, 252 Atk, and i believe 252 HP since it just runs priority attacks.

As for Kyogre - you will be hard pressed finding someone with a kyogre for these reasons:
1 - you are asking for charity - so you are pretty much asking people to make it easier for you/harder for them to get into the finals with nothing to give in return.
2 - Nationals is a couple of days away, and everybody is busy tweaking their own team, so they don't have time to RNG anything for anybody outside of their circle.

Good luck man.

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
Actually, if you can find Ditto on #smogonwifi, the IRC chat, you might be able to ask him for a ScarfOgre. He has them, and is willing to give them to people. Just depends on how you ask :P

Is rain dance still viable in the new VGC?I'm not going to be playing there this year,but I still enjoy playing the style over wifi

Well Kyogre is a pokemon used quite often. So I would assume that a Rain Dance team will be viable, although not the greatest, will be viable. There is too much weather control though for it to be great. Also if you would like I could play with you over wifi, I went to the Newark VGC and practically fell in love with this style of play!

I fought like 4 shiny Kyogres with the same Japanese (nick)name. I doubt it would be a problem.

SHORT STORY - Someone mind checkin' if Numel can learn Stone Edge (TM 71) ?

LONG STORY - Numel seems to miss out on a lot of TM's that Camerupt learns (Explosion, Flash Cannon, Roar etc). Wondered whats up with that. I hope they got that Stone Edge wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)