Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, fake out usually isn't a problem. I anticipate that more than two-thirds of the time, the fake out users go for my Latios and then set up with their other Pokemon, which is usually either a Zapdos or a Cress. Tyranitar looks like an excellent counter to it, but the fake out users are usually fighting types in my case, but I think I can manage. I also struggle with Trick Room, is there any way-- never mind. I anticipate on getting a Thundurus soon, if all goes well. He can taunt/encore the opponents to death. Is there anything else to note?

Would a Latios be a good partner, considering his capability to take out fighting types, or would Garchomp be a better one, because he can stay in longer?
I'd just like to say this again, because it was lost in the last page and wasn't ever answered.

Ok, I've been reading up about RNG but it is just to complicated for my adolescent brain to articulate. Would anyone be nice enough to RNG a Tyrogue for me?

Well, fake out usually isn't a problem. I anticipate that more than two-thirds of the time, the fake out users go for my Latios and then set up with their other Pokemon, which is usually either a Zapdos or a Cress. Tyranitar looks like an excellent counter to it, but the fake out users are usually fighting types in my case, but I think I can manage. I also struggle with Trick Room, is there any way-- never mind. I anticipate on getting a Thundurus soon, if all goes well. He can taunt/encore the opponents to death. Is there anything else to note?

Would a Latios be a good partner, considering his capability to take out fighting types, or would Garchomp be a better one, because he can stay in longer?
Keeping Latios lets you easily deal with most Fighting types, bar Scrafty and a few others. Tyranitar can act as a half decent TR counter, he dies to most TR attackers but works well against common setup-ers like Cress. Thundurus does not have Encore, though he does have Taunt. Whimsicott has both, but remember that TR teams will be expect disruption from those two and may play around accordingly. Maybe you should post a draft of your team in the RMT Other Teams forum, it seems like presenting the full team their would help you get better answers.

I have a question that regards double battle mechanic.
I read that in Gen4 when move like Rock Slide (which has only 75% power in doubles) KOs an opponent Pokémon, it hurts the second Pokémon with 100% power. Is this "bug" in 5gen games?

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have a question that regards double battle mechanic.
I read that in Gen4 when move like Rock Slide (which has only 75% power in doubles) KOs an opponent Pokémon, it hurts the second Pokémon with 100% power. Is this "bug" in 5gen games?
It's not. The only way that a multitarget move hits for 100% power is if there is only one target for the attack when it is used.
So moves like Blizzard or Rock Slide will only be 100% if there is only one opponent remaining to be hit by it, while moves like Explosion and Earthquake would require one target remaining between the two opponents and your ally.

Just to confirm, RNG'd Pokes are legal and won't be picked up by the hack check, even if they have outrageous capture dates, right?

Is it possible to give my Gastrodon an Absorb Bulb, with the ability Storm Drain to boost its SpAtk by 2 stages when it gets hit by my 2nd Pokemon's Surf?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible to give my Gastrodon an Absorb Bulb, with the ability Storm Drain to boost its SpAtk by 2 stages when it gets hit by my 2nd Pokemon's Surf?
Absorb Bulb doesn't activate if the Pokemon has an immunity to water-type moves.

Is anyone who is streaming world's or know someone who is going to stream it?
twitch.tv will stream the finals on sunday which is the the official streaming starting at 9 am PDT on this channel -> http://www.twitch.tv/gamespot
unfortunately after some searching it seems there won't be any coverage for today or tomorrow officially. unofficial streams could be out there but i haven't found any
you can also try here but it doesn't seem like anything is showing or lcq is over http://www.twitch.tv/nuggetbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)