Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Battle Tower, the opponent's Pokémon's IVs are maxed out at 31, correct? Sorry if this isn't really a "simple question". Still curious if Critical Hits ignore lowered stats though.

Maybe you can check with Smeargle, but since only Smeargle learns it it's useless

Edit: I think Choice Specmence is a good special based leader. It can put a dent on a lot of sutff, tough you'll need to be careful with Weavile leaders.

The thing with Weavile is how common it is. Ice Shard alone is close to, if not an OHKO, and guaranteed first strike. Meaning I'd have to switch out.

Is Special infernape a good idea? I could go mixed as well.

Hey Smogon,

What would be best for a weather-based team, assuming that I can use ubers: Tyranitar, Kyogre, or Groudon?

Normal - 1/16 | 6.25%
High Crit. Attack x2 - 1/8 | 12.5%
Super Luck Ability/Crit Increase Item x2 - 1/4 | 25%
Super Luck and Crit Increase Item x2 - 1/2 | 50%
Hey, what about Focus Energy?
You can give Scizor Focus Energy and Baton Pass, then baton pass to a Honchkrow with Night Slash, Super Luck and Scope/razor... would that make him 100% critical??

And Cabose, it depends... You can use Ttar with a monotype Rock Team to get everyone Spcdef raised. Or you can get a Water monotype to use Kyogres drizzle. And Groundon can power up Fire Moves as well as Chlorophyll Grass pokés and Solarbeamers.

Hey, what about Focus Energy?
You can give Scizor Focus Energy and Baton Pass, then baton pass to a Honchkrow with Night Slash, Super Luck and Scope/razor... would that make him 100% critical??
Crits cap at 50%. In one of the old research threads there was a post about it. I'll search for it now.

I have a Jirachi with the following EV spread that I'm planning on using as a supporter, but should I use Phuquoph's spread, or stick with the one it already has?

Jirachi
@ Nothing. Level 40.
Impish Nature
EVs: 252 Hp/ 120 Defense/ 138 Speed.
IVs: 31 Hp/ 27 Atk/31 Def/ 18 SAtk/ 25 SDef/ 31 Spd
Moveset: Wish, Reflect, Zen Headbutt, U-turn

Thanks in advance guys.
^Kinda buried on the previous page, but I'd still like this answered. Thanks guys.

How About this: Machamp with Focus Energy, Scope Lens and Cross Chop? That would make him 50% critical + 100% accuracy trait?

Ok, got it, but on the time of that discussion, was everyone knowing about super luck?? Maybe is an Exception... i think i will TEST it, pratically.

I have a Jirachi with the following EV spread that I'm planning on using as a supporter, but should I use Phuquoph's spread, or stick with the one it already has?

Jirachi @ Nothing. Level 40.
Impish Nature
EVs: 252 Hp/ 120 Defense/ 138 Speed.
IVs: 31 Hp/ 27 Atk/31 Def/ 18 SAtk/ 25 SDef/ 31 Spd
Moveset: Wish, Reflect, Zen Headbutt, U-turn

Thanks in advance guys.
Phuquoph's spread works well for this dude, but if it's too much of a hassle then you don't have to go through the trouble

Yeah, I thought it would, but are there any advantages to using the current spread I have (i.e. magic numbers for certain stats)? Thanks LocoUser.

I think with Phuquoph's spread, you have a good chance of 2HKOing Heracross with Zen Headbutt, and you just do more damage to other Pokemon in general. IMO, stick with Phuquoph's spread because the Attack EVs are useful for wearing down things like Weavile and Tyranitar (with U-Turn, of course).

I'm going to try to get a good Jirachi myself...heh, maybe I'll get a shiny one while I search? I have the Bonus Disk, btw.

Yeah, I figured Phuquoph's spread was superior, but I thought maybe I'd be able to cut down on the amount of work I have ahead of me : P

Oh well, time to start planting berries, I suppose. Thank you very much.

Just wondering, what's a good EV spread and moveset for an Adamant Mamoswine. It have just about Perfect IVs all around, but that might be a error as I forgot which vitamin I gave her when she was a piloswine.

Having fun with trying to get as many species as I can without Pal Parking, Serebii lists Grimer being found in the south part of route 215 with the PokeRadar.

Route 215 is oriented west to east, so should I search in the eastern portion or is the number incorrect? x_X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)