Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening/morning/afternoon,

My problem is the following: I can't see the moves/switch possibilities.

I am using Mac os X 10.5.7, and already tried to change my java preferences to java SE 6, but it didn't do anything.

How do I make the moves and switch possibilities appear ?

This is a question about shoddy 2, sorry if it doesnt go here.

I was wondering if there would be any way you could have a nintendo tournament rules ladder. (2v2 4 pokemon each lvl 50 etc..)

Problems with challenging

When I challenge someone, accept a challenge or click to find a match my computer restarts itself. Can anyone tell me why and, if possible, what to do to fix this problem please?

I have a problem with logging into Smogon. When I enter my username and password and press "Log In" the button becomes highlighted for a few seconds, then returns to its normal appearance without logging me in. This just started today. I tried closing and re-opening the program, but it kept happening? What should I do? I'm using a Mac with the Java client of Shoddy.

Is there any documentation for the plugin feature of Shoddy? I wouldn't even know where to theoretically begin.

Oh, and is Acupressure supposed to bypass the evasion clause? I mean, it would kind of have to in order to not suck (it sharply raises one of six random stats on use, one of which being evasion), so if when it got the evasion boost it just said "but it failed!" it would nerf a perfectly fine move. It'd be fine if it were changed so that it were just one out of five random stats, modifying it so it doesn't use evasion, but that would be kind of changing the rules. I guess it could be a clause or something?

Error Message

I had a problem with Shoddy Battle. When I attempt to connect to the Smogon server I get and error message saying "An error occurred while attempting to connect to the server: software caused connection abort recv failed. I already checked for Trojans so what should I do??

Question about nicknames. Alot of the time when I save a team with each poke nicknamed, I will load it and only a few of the names will actually appear. Why is this and can it be prevented? Thanks in advance.

if nicknames do not appear it's because they were illegal nicks

you may have used an illegal character or maybe they were just too long

I don't know the rules so you'll have to experiment

Ok, so I run a hax team and I've been against Gyarados who uses Bounce then I use Confuse Ray which hits him. He then proceeds to hit himself in confusion while bounced, never coming down, being able to be hit and basically doing nothing.

Obviously this is a glitch, right?

@mariochalmers: There's a character limit of... I think either 16 or 18, and most punctuation or symbols cannot be used, just letters, spaces, and hyphens.

@familyguyman: Definitely. That glitch hasn't been seen since RBY...
Not surprising though, moves that are rarely used often have bugs no one notices (Fury Cutter, Fly).

Shoddy Bot

I found this bot for shoddy http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2536150&group_id=186888&atid=919097

The only problem is it imports the packages:
import netbattle.messages.*;
import shoddybattle.*;
import shoddybattleclient.*;

I found the files shoddybattle.jar and shoddybattleclient.jar but I dont think thats what it is looking for. I could not find a file called netbattle.messages.***

I need a bot that will log in and act as an anti spam as well as refer people to my employers website.

If you know of a way to get this bot to work, or have a bot that does work that you can let me have, that would be great. I am running shoddy 1.9. I have extensive server knowledge and very minimal java knowledge. Thanks for your help.

Ok, so I run a hax team and I've been against Gyarados who uses Bounce then I use Confuse Ray which hits him. He then proceeds to hit himself in confusion while bounced, never coming down, being able to be hit and basically doing nothing.

Obviously this is a glitch, right?
The glitch has been documented, and yes, Gyarados doesn't come down from Bounce sometimes. There isn't a fix as far as I know, so you'll have to switch out or lose the match because of Gyarados.

The glitch has been documented, and yes, Gyarados doesn't come down from Bounce sometimes. There isn't a fix as far as I know, so you'll have to switch out or lose the match because of Gyarados.
Or knock it down with a No Guard Stone Edge/Thunderpunch. Heheheh.

I found what may be a bug recently while making a NU team. I decided to try using Pikachu, and when I attached the Light Ball his Special Attack was doubled but not his attack! According to the Smogondex it's supposed to double both! Has this been noticed before?

Where is it?

I am very new to shoddy battle and I need some help because I am terrible at online pokemon battling. However, I keep being directed to different places! Where should I go to find a good strategy guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)