Ask an Uber Question, Get an Uber Answer (Read FAQs in First Post Before Asking)

On a purely offensive team, I'm looking for my SR user. Deoxys-S is the obvious choice, but is too vulnerable; it doesn't have the power or attacking slots to give me early game momentum. For that reason, I'm considering Groudon, but then I lose access to Taunt, and rocks on my side could prove fatal. Which of these would be better, or is there a third option I'm missing?

SR 3 attacks deo-A is a pretty good lead. Pair it up with darkrai, ray or something to check gira-o and you're good to go. A bulky trickscarf deo-s is also really good as it completely ruins spinners which try to set up/spin on you.

I was wondering if it was viable to run Non-scarf terrakion in ubers. Against E-Killer, they would have to call your bluff, which I'm just not sure if they would do, because so many terrakions are scarf. You lose outspending Darkrai, Lati's and Mewtwo, but I don't think you could kill them with x-scissor anyway.

I was wondering if it was viable to run Non-scarf terrakion in ubers. Against E-Killer, they would have to call your bluff, which I'm just not sure if they would do, because so many terrakions are scarf. You lose outspending Darkrai, Lati's and Mewtwo, but I don't think you could kill them with x-scissor anyway
You may not be able to kill them with x scissor, but it is a good idea to bluff the scarf on the Extreme Killer Arceus. You should run a choice band and use x scissor to catch Darkrai, Latios/Latias, or Mewtwo on the switch. I hope this helps.

I was wondering if this Chansey would be good for walling Kyogre and taking weak physical attacks.
Chansey
Eviolite
Calm
4HP/252Def/252 SpD
-Wish
-Softboiled
-Toxic
-Heal Bell

Those EV's for Chansey do fair decently vs physical attacks. Maybe consider running max HP and a bold nature if you're worried about physical attacks as Chansey already has Sp.Def for Africa. Chansey/Blissey are natural walls against kyorge's thanks to their mammoth sp.def, they wall all kyorge sets but the relatively rare rest/sleep talk/calm mind/scald, and specsorge, having another wall that resists water moves or something that can at least 2HKO kyorge will also help greatly.

Hopefully I helped :)

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Mono-Attacker Kyogre is not very rare in this metagame actually. If you really want a Kyogre counter, go with Latias, Palkia, or Grass Arceus, whereas Latias is the best one as she beats Calm Mind variants with ease, unlike the latter two.

I have one last question. If I'm going to smashpass to my Mixed Dialga on an extreme killer Arceus and use brick break will it be an OHKO? I just made an uber team and Arceus is a good threat to my team. I have no room for (Insert Extreme Killer Arceus Counter Here) and I do know that I can safely baton pass to my Dialga.

Brick Break has a good shot at OHKOing Dialga w/ out a boost, and Earthquake will always OHKO. Even if Brick Break fails to OHKO, Arces can follow up with Espeed to finish Dialga off.

I believe Dialga's the one receiving the SmashPass against an Arceus.
Relevant calcs:
252Atk Life Orb +2 Dialga (Neutral) Brick Break vs 88HP/0Def Multitype Arceus (Neutral): 84% - 100%.
252Atk Expert Belt +2 Dialga (Neutral) Brick Break vs 88HP/0Def Multitype Arceus (Neutral): 78% - 92%

With just SR up, LO Dialga has a 78% chance of OHKO'ing. SR+1 layer of spikes will ensure the OHKO. If Dialga has an Ebelt, you need hazards to have any chance of OHKO'ing; SR up gives a 32% chance, SR+1 layer of spikes ensures the kill.
All this is assuming your Dialga has a +SpA nature, as the Mixed set on the site suggests; with a +Atk nature, you're good to go.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mono-Attacker Kyogre is not very rare in this metagame actually. If you really want a Kyogre counter, go with Latias, Palkia, or Grass Arceus, whereas Latias is the best one as she beats Calm Mind variants with ease, unlike the latter two.
Doesn't support Grass Arceus beat CM Kyogre?

Go10

Storm Vanguard !
You forgot Calm Mind, Grass Mindceus can beat easily MonOgre since they never run Roar for Sleep Talk (for good reason).

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If support grassceus doesn't have roar/perish song then mono kyogre can just keep boosting.
Grass Knot does 45.04 - 53.46% to +1 Kyogre, which is a sure 3hko, so Kyogre loses. Only CM + 3 Attacks Kyogre has a small chance to get past Grass Arceus, IF SR is off the field and IF Grass Knot gets low damage rolls.

Hello, all! I'm new to the Ubers tier, and I've been using the SpecsOgre/Ferrothorn/Dialga core suggested by The Smog #21 alongside Tentacruel and Gliscor with some success. My problem, however, comes from choosing a good spinblocker to pair them with. I was initially using Physically defensive Giratina-A, who had the ability to phaze with Dragon Tail; having RestTalk as its only form of recover, however, was immensely annoying, and often left Giratina near useless the entire match. So, I decided to try Sableye instead. It couldn't hold a candle to Giratina's defenses, but priority Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, and Recover is obscenely useful in Ubers, and Foul Play does a great amount of damage to a large number of Pokes. Not to mention it shuts down popular Spikers like Ferrothorn and Forretress, who can do next to nothing to me.

So, basically, I'm asking which one should I use? Is Sableye's ability worth more than Giratina's bulk and phazing capabilities?

Also, is Foul Play a good move for Tyranitar in Ubers, considering the raw power many of the Ubers have?

Sableye is pretty mediocre in Ubers, because its utter lack of bulk makes it far too easy to kill before it can do anything useful. That reliable recovery doesn't do squat when you don't have any bulk. Giratina is by far the superior spinblocker.

And no, Foul Play is not worth it. Tyranitar's base Attack is not at all shabby at 134 (only 16 less than Groudon), and it has far better and more reliable options such as Crunch. Furthermore you don't want to get stuck using Foul Play against something like Latias.

Grass Knot does 45.04 - 53.46% to +1 Kyogre, which is a sure 3hko, so Kyogre loses. Only CM + 3 Attacks Kyogre has a small chance to get past Grass Arceus, IF SR is off the field and IF Grass Knot gets low damage rolls.
Assuming Grass Arceus switches into Kyogre who Calm Minds on the switch in, Arceus loses. Kyogre can just get in another Calm Mind after you attack it next turn. At +2 Grass Knot does 33.2% - 40.1% ( This is hardly a 3HKO with leftovers ). Next turn Kyogre Rests and Arceus will lose unless you land a critical hit. Sleep Talk can also pick Calm Mind so generally Grass Arceus needs Calm Mind to counter Calm Mind Kyogre.

Sableye is bad, even Tentacruel can possibly 2HKO you with Scald.

Yes, only CM varients of grassceus can beat mono kyogre since support sets almost never have it.

Lead thundurus with twave/taunt/tbolt?/focus blast is actually really good as it can 2hko support dialga and twave the stuff which comes in to revenge it, which are usually scarfed. Never used it myself but I've met it a few times when laddering and it is a huge pain in the ass if using defensive SR dialgas instead of LO.

Any good teammate suggestions for using Tailwind Reshiram + Life Orb White Kyurem? I got Forretress, Groudon (physical defense), and Ghost Arceus (offensive; doubles as spin blocker). I'm trying Latias with both Healing Wish and Wish to heal the Turboblaze duo, but I never get to pull it off as much as I like, and it doesn't really hit hard with only Dragon Pulse.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but it concerns Uber Pokemon...

I'm using Pokemon White. If I have a wifi battle with someone using BW2, and they have a Kyurem form, how will that effect the battle? I can't see alternate forms. Does that mean the Kyurem becomes Reshiram/Zekrom, or a Kyurem? What about Kyurem-W/B's signature moves?

Thanks!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but it concerns Uber Pokemon...

I'm using Pokemon White. If I have a wifi battle with someone using BW2, and they have a Kyurem form, how will that effect the battle? I can't see alternate forms. Does that mean the Kyurem becomes Reshiram/Zekrom, or a Kyurem? What about Kyurem-W/B's signature moves?

Thanks!
Kyurem stays a Kyurem, and it keeps W/B's signature move if its using it.

I'm running a team with ExtremeKiller Arceus, Support Dialga, Specs Palkia, Mixed Giratina-O, Dual Screener Lugia and Scarf Mewtwo.
The question is that mostly my Palkia and Mewtwo can easily sweep teams, so Arceus is doing practically nothing. So, Lugia, who is basically there to help Arceus set up, isn't doing much either. Then what can I replace these two Pokes with?
As a side note, I often see I'm somewhat weak to stall teams. So, I'm thinking of putting in Dark Arceus or something like that.
Please answer :)

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The main problem with that team is the lack of spinner and having two choiced Pokemon to accompany that. Anyway, SQSA isn't here for you to help build and restructure teams, but generally stall struggles with Pokemon that have very few dedicated counters, such as Mixed Zekrom, Choice Specs Kyogre, DD Rayquaza, CM Ghost Arceus, Ho-Oh, Kyurem-W, CM Mewtwo, etc.

If you want your team to be rated I recommend going to the Rate My Team forum. Please also check the current BW Ubers archive for examples of good teams. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)