Ask an Uber Question, Get an Uber Answer (Read FAQs in First Post Before Asking)

Deo-S is a good lead with a fast Taunt and ability to setup SR. Deo-D is not really that strong though. A and Normal are uber...

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Deo-S is a good lead with a fast Taunt and ability to setup SR. Deo-D is not really that strong though. A and Normal are uber...
I beg to differ. Deo-S is now nearly extinct and for a reason. Thanks to the massive popularity of Giratina-O and the introduction of Team Preview, Deoxys-S can no longer function as a reliable Spiker. The moment you see you a Deoxys-S on your opponents team, all you have to do is send your Giratina-O / Extreme Killer Arceus up the line and 2HKO it, forcing it to lay down only a single layer of hazards. If Deoxys-S tries to come in later, it will lose its sash due to hazards and be killed off due to its frailty.

As for your question, Forretress, Ferrothorn and Skarmory all work as good spikers and all have their distinct advantages over each other. The choice of pokemon depends on the team in question and what it has covered or needs to be covered.

I've been running into problems on PO with Sub+Roost Ho-Oh. What checks/counters it well? I can't find an answer to it on my team, so help would be appreciated.

CM Rock Arceus is probably the probably the best answer. Outside of that Zekrom threatens it but needs to watch out for Sacred Fire burns.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Tobes, just saying that even a Supporter with Judgement works.

Special Attacking Rock Arceus is the best counter.

Ho-oh has tons of checks too, Groudon and Zekrom only fear a Burn, and basically anything faster that can hit hard when Ho-oh has no Substitue.

p.s. Did you ask that because of me? I'm Example on the Ladder. You used that Gliscor D:<

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
heatran also walls subroost sets, physically defensive giratina cannot be 3hko'd even with LO iirc, (or if it can then Ho-Oh dies to LO + BB recoil), however, most variants of sub Ho-Oh run leftovers anyway. outside of that tobes is correct in saying rock arceus. lugia doesn't like burn but it can effectively wall Ho-Oh with reflect and roost, then phaze it out with whirlwind. defensive tyranitar is a little shaky, and fears eq + sacred fire burn, but resists both of Ho-Ohs stabs and removes sun.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What are good teammates for Hippowdon on SandStall team for Ubers?
There are plenty of options open for you. First off, try to refrain from using Chansey or Giratina-O on a sand storm team. The passive damage from Sandstorm really catches up to them. Especially Giratina-O since it lacks recovery. So for a special wall I would recommend Blissey while for a physical wall you could go with Lugia or Giratina, which will also double up as a spin blocker. If you decide to go with Lugia, go for Arceus Ghost as your spin blocker, the Calm Mind set with 252 HP / 252 Spe is a very good bulky attacker. You would also like to toss in Ferrothorn since it provides you very useful resists and can set up Spikes for you while Hippowdon sets up Stealth Rock. Both Ferrothorn and Lugia synergise well with Hippowdon. Apart from those usual companions, you could run bulky Excadrill as an offensive spinner and also as an revenge killer ! Really its all up to you on what you want in the final slots. It could be a bulky attacker, a spinner or a Scarfer like Palkia or Dialga.

barry4ever: Thanks for your help. I think I'll try out Hippowdon/Blissey/Ghost Arceus/Lugia/Ferrothorn/Excadrill.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
you can also try running Tyranitar as a backup Sand Streamer in the event that Hippowdon gets killed.
In place of what?
I think thats a pretty bad suggestion to be honest. Running another Sand Streamer is really superflous and just makes you doubly Kyogre weak who really is the bane of all such teams. Just don't be stupid and stay in on stuff like Dialga and Palkia who can kill you one shot.

Also, MMX, I think that team is alright on paper. Just a heads up !

specs ogre is good, though sadly predictable; the majority of bad teams admittedly do not have counters to specsogre

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Specs Kyogre has one notable avdantage; being able to hit hard. 438 max Special Attack + Specs + 150 Base Power Move + STAB + Weather boost is going to do some real damage and wreck some havoc.

However, the only downflow is that it's relatively slow and easy to land damage on. Each attack will decrease Water Spout's power, SpecsOgre's main move, therefore making it more useless each attack. Sure, it's still bulky and all, and still hits hard, but it's easy to take down in my opinion.

Hi! I'm entering in Ubers, cause OU is plenty of annoying worms like SubSeed Whimsicott or ParaFlinch Jirachi... Obvious, I can found them in Ubers too, but with a single sweep of a claw they convert into dust... all right, the reason for this post is to I want you to tell me what to put in/out of this team...

Groudon@Leftovers
-Rock Polish
-Earthquake
-Hammer Arm
-Dragon Claw

Palkia@Choice Scarf
-Spacial Rend
-Surf
-Thunder
-Fire Blast

Forretress@Leftovers
-Toxic Spikes
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin
-Volt Switch

Deoxys-A@Focus Sash
-Extremespeed
-Superpower
-Thunder
-Ice Beam

Arceus@Leftovers
-Calm Mind
-Judgement
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam

Ho-Oh@Life Orb
-Tailwind
-Sacred Fire
-Brave Bird
-Earthquake

I have thinked that Ho-Oh must have Roost, but Earthquake counters an annoying Zekrom I have faced lately... what you say, dudes???

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
Hi! I'm entering in Ubers, cause OU is plenty of annoying worms like SubSeed Whimsicott or ParaFlinch Jirachi... Obvious, I can found them in Ubers too, but with a single sweep of a claw they convert into dust... all right, the reason for this post is to I want you to tell me what to put in/out of this team...

Groudon@Leftovers
-Rock Polish
-Earthquake
-Hammer Arm
-Dragon Claw

Palkia@Choice Scarf
-Spacial Rend
-Surf
-Thunder
-Fire Blast

Forretress@Leftovers
-Toxic Spikes
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin
-Volt Switch

Deoxys-A@Focus Band
-Extremespeed
-Brute Force
-Thunder
-Ice Beam

Arceus@Leftovers
-Calm Mind
-Judgement
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam

Ho-Oh@Life Orb
-Tailwind
-Sacred Fire
-Brave Bird
-Earthquake

I have thinked that Ho-Oh must have Roost, but Earthquake counters an annoying Zekrom I have faced lately... what you say, dudes???
Okay so what on earth is "Brute Force" on your Deoxys-A and why even use Focus Band ? Whats the use for Earthquake on Forretress and where the hell are your EV sets and natures ? Also if you really want to get this team rated, you would be better off in the Team Rating forum, imo where more detailed information and rating can be done than over here in SQSA.

Okay so what on earth is "Brute Force" on your Deoxys-A and why even use Focus Band ? Whats the use for Earthquake on Forretress and where the hell are your EV sets and natures ? Also if you really want to get this team rated, you would be better off in the Team Rating forum, imo where more detailed information and rating can be done than over here in SQSA.
So, it's my first post like this, so I don't know exactly where and how to post it... don't be su rude and try to help instead of throw dirt... at least, now I know how to do...
Don't you realize just how amazing Focus Band is? Especially on Sunkern, the most broken force in the Ubers metagame?
Yeah, that's right... Deoxys-A is so fragile, that one simple bullet punch may kill him (I'm only saying, that don't mean that it's true...) so with Focus Band, he can survive to an attack that normally make him fly, and retaliate with a powerfull move that will sweep the other one... at this point, I made a mistake... it's not Brute Force the move's name, it's Superpower... XP

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So, it's my first post like this, so I don't know exactly where and how to post it... don't be su rude and try to help instead of throw dirt... at least, now I know how to do...

Yeah, that's right... Deoxys-A is so fragile, that one simple bullet punch may kill him (I'm only saying, that don't mean that it's true...) so with Focus Band, he can survive to an attack that normally make him fly, and retaliate with a powerfull move that will sweep the other one... at this point, I made a mistake... it's not Brute Force the move's name, it's Superpower... XP
i think you mean focus SASH, focus band has only a very small chance of working.

Does anyone know how do properly EV Timid CM Arceus (any plate)? I do not feel like it is necessary to max out speed only to speed tie with dugtrio and alakazam, since they are almost never seen in ubers. But exactly how much is needed? I do feel like i need to max out HP so that it can work well with CM and recover, but if I focus mostly on speed and hp, i havent put anything into special attack which is a little odd considering it is meant to sweep. Any thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)