Ask an Uber Question, Get an Uber Answer

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
With salamence being suspect tested as of now, it has the potential to go into ubers. My question is if salamence does become an uber,does anyone think it's useage will increase like what happened with Garchomp?

With salamence being suspect tested as of now, it has the potential to go into ubers. My question is if salamence does become an uber,does anyone think it's useage will increase like what happened with Garchomp?
Not exactly, Salamence has been decently documented and unlike chomp only speedties with palkia and has poorer defenses.

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It does have a few benefits (Intimidate + a good member of a Rayquaza team) however is not useful enough to become common in the metagame.

Big fish in a little pond or small fish in a giant pond.

Trouble with salamence is that he falls quickly to attacks, i'd say he's in between- but more Uber- and his usage would go up i think, as most Uber players like to use Uber pokémon, unlike me- i once used shuppet in ubers, and it was quite fun. Salamence is extremely powerful once he's set up... I've been experimenting with setting up the screens for him and rayquaza, but it's just never worked out...
cresselia is mauled by mewtwo(and taunt)
lugia is mauled by Stealth rock an some groudon
dialga can set up the necessary trick room to pave the way to slow but bulky dual screeners, but as you're probably thinking, there's absolutely no point putting a dialga in your team, just to use trick room.
And the other lot of very bulky dual screeners are always crushed by some pokémon in the uber tier. So how would i go about helping salamence set up? not even yache berry helps. It's quite hard to get both rayquaza and salamence in. It's an awesome strategy once set up, though.

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Trouble with salamence is that he falls quickly to attacks, i'd say he's in between- but more Uber- and his usage would go up i think, as most Uber players like to use Uber pokémon, unlike me- i once used shuppet in ubers, and it was quite fun. Salamence is extremely powerful once he's set up... I've been experimenting with setting up the screens for him and rayquaza, but it's just never worked out...
cresselia is mauled by mewtwo(and taunt)
lugia is mauled by Stealth rock an some groudon
dialga can set up the necessary trick room to pave the way to slow but bulky dual screeners, but as you're probably thinking, there's absolutely no point putting a dialga in your team, just to use trick room.
And the other lot of very bulky dual screeners are always crushed by some pokémon in the uber tier. So how would i go about helping salamence set up? not even yache berry helps. It's quite hard to get both rayquaza and salamence in. It's an awesome strategy once set up, though.
As with any set up poke in Uber, almost a vital member of the team is Wob. I would also suggest a Steel to handle Ray/Mence's Ice, Dragon and Rock weaknesses. If you really want good info though, I would read the analysis here http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/salamence for Salamence's Team Options (etc.) in the Uber Tier.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wobbuffet. Wobbuffet. Wobbuffet. Would usually help one of them set up. If you want bulky Dual Screeners, you can also Uxie, who can Dual Screens and Memento, with U-Turn to get out Taunt if need be. You can also just stick Dual Screens on Dexoys-S, so as you set up SR, set up Screens as you die, bring in Wobb, set up sweeper. Enjoy.

EDIT: Damn ninja'd by hugendugen

Ahhh- i get it! Uxie! That's it! I'm going to try that, thanks! And great emphasis on wobbuffet, too. Wait a minute, dual screens on Deo-S? I'll experiment anyways. Oh wait! I use the appropriate screen before deo gets attacked, right?

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why is their little infomation on Metagross in Ubers?
Want to try out CB metagross and CS Metagross but have no idea where to find good EVs or the attacsks for it. have been running keyword searchs and still connot find out info on it.
Please help

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Stuff like CBGross and Scarf Metagross you can pretty much start off with the OU sets and try it out, maybe refining it a bit after you've played with it. Something like the Scarf set is obvious, 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe with Adamant (To outspeed Latis) or Jolly (To outspeed Shaymin-S). Something like CBGross, just give the OU set a try, or you can do stuff like put in enough Speed to outspeed support Groundon or something like that just to Explode on it. EVs and Attacks depend on what you want your Metagross to do, not what someone is telling you to do.

Why is their little infomation on Metagross in Ubers?
Want to try out CB metagross and CS Metagross but have no idea where to find good EVs or the attacsks for it. have been running keyword searchs and still connot find out info on it.
Please help
I think the Smogon Analysis CB and CS sets should work just fine for Ubers. You could shift some EVs into defense if it isn't bulky enough.

I doubt Wynaut can be any good at all but I'm just wondering could Wynaut actually be of any use in a team if the team already had Wobbufet probably gimmicky but if it works it could piss of your opponent shitloads.

Dialga uses outrage
Wobbufet takes 30%
Some guy:yes that bitch is finally gone
Garchomp comes in and uses dragon claw against some shit.
Wynaut switches in.
Some guy has left the game.

I doubt Wynaut can be any good at all but I'm just wondering could Wynaut actually be of any use in a team if the team already had Wobbufet probably gimmicky but if it works it could piss of your opponent shitloads.

Dialga uses outrage
Wobbufet takes 30%
Some guy:yes that bitch is finally gone
Garchomp comes in and uses dragon claw against some shit.
Wynaut switches in.
Some guy has left the game.
No, that wouldn't work (trust me, when I started playing I wanted to try it too). The only thing Wynaut was ever useful for was destiny bond and absorbing choice scarfs (gimmicky, but he made a great absorber if you gave him one of your own, sadly he still won't outrun a thing)

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
Well, I was just looking through Kyogre's movelist, to see if I could find some original set, and I noticed that HGSS had provided it with the move Aqua Ring. Now my question is: does anyone think that this could actually prove to be useful in any circumstance. I have tried a set with Calm Mind, Aqua Ring, Thunder and Surf, with Lefties to boost the healing and have found it decent, but so far, not as effective as some other of Ogre's sets.

What are your opinions on its possibilities?

Well, I was just looking through Kyogre's movelist, to see if I could find some original set, and I noticed that HGSS had provided it with the move Aqua Ring. Now my question is: does anyone think that this could actually prove to be useful in any circumstance. I have tried a set with Calm Mind, Aqua Ring, Thunder and Surf, with Lefties to boost the healing and have found it decent, but so far, not as effective as some other of Ogre's sets.

What are your opinions on its possibilities?
Aqua ring and lefties only provide 12% health back every turn, unless it prevents 2hkos from certain thunders, it's useless.

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
Aqua ring and lefties only provide 12% health back every turn, unless it prevents 2hkos from certain thunders, it's useless.
Jeez, I miscalculated there. I thought it would be 18%. Oh well, I guess that is pretty useless.

Ahh, actually it doesn't sound like a bad idea! You could set up a sub, and you know... But other than that there's not much use...

Cheers thanks guys
I also used Metagross with spread 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpD Careful with Choice Band (Adamant is still viable though). It gives neccesary bulk to switch to those annoying dragon attacks and still beat stuff (Meteor Mash OHKOes Lati@s with SR up in one hit, Shaymin-S is similar case). Moveset should be like this:

~ Meteor Mash
~ Earthquake
~ Bullet Punch / Pursuit / Explosion
~ Trick

This set lacks some power, so if cocky Groudon, Lugia or Giratina continue to switch on you, just Trick your Band and cripple their wall ;). I tried more offensive spreads, however for me bulkier Metagross works better, as it's really good at absorbing some hits. Hope that helps ;).

I just got a shiny Rayquaza on my Emerald earlier today. Migrated to Diamond, I'm kind of wondering what set I could have it running:

Rayquaza - Timid
IV: 8/24/25/20/5/27

As you can see, it has decent IVs.

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
I just got a shiny Rayquaza on my Emerald earlier today. Migrated to Diamond, I'm kind of wondering what set I could have it running:

Rayquaza - Timid

To be honest, I don't see much use you could get out of a timid Ray. You could always try an all-out special attacker, but if it was me, I would restart and try to get a better one.

Of course, given that it's shiny, I would probably keep it. However, competitively, I don't think that its much good.

Rayquaza - Timid

Only idea, which I see here is SpecsQuaza, which 2OHKO even with -atk nature Blissey with Brick Break. It's quite good set, however SR is a problem, so Rapid Spinner is a must. Simple Max SpA/ Max Spe.

Only idea, which I see here is SpecsQuaza, which 2OHKO even with -atk nature Blissey with Brick Break. It's quite good set, however SR is a problem, so Rapid Spinner is a must. Simple Max SpA/ Max Spe.
SpecsQuaza is nothing, but a gimmick. I'd sr again.

Terrible nature, and the IVs don't fully make up for it. Use it as a source of e-peen, but for actual play get something with a better nature. Jolly/Adamant is optimal, with Naive for a mixed.

So, what is the best way to lure out kyogre to kill it?

Or is it impossible?

I love sunny day in uu and nu, and abusing groudon and ho-oh sounds fun... but with kyogre everywhere and really the best or second best uber... how do sunny day teams deal with it?

may be to hard of a question for this type of thread but I thought I would at least ask.

thanks... trying to get into this tier a little over wifi... may have to use shoddy though due to lack of opponents. Need something a little different ot keep me intrested...

So, what is the best way to lure out kyogre to kill it?

Or is it impossible?

I love sunny day in uu and nu, and abusing groudon and ho-oh sounds fun... but with kyogre everywhere and really the best or second best uber... how do sunny day teams deal with it?

may be to hard of a question for this type of thread but I thought I would at least ask.

thanks... trying to get into this tier a little over wifi... may have to use shoddy though due to lack of opponents. Need something a little different ot keep me intrested...
It's called Palkia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)