Ask the Admins #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desolate

Banned deucer.
It's back!

For those who don't know what "Ask the Admins" exactly is here's a briefing: premiering in the first issue of The Smog, "Questions & Answers"—a feature in which a user would ask a question and a seasoned member of the community would answer it—became a recurring article until the fourth issue where it would be renamed and revamped as "Ask the Admins"—a popular piece in which site administrators would carefully pick and choose questions from users and answer them. Unfortunately, as with anything repetitive, there is a point in which it needs to be retired; in Issue #8 it said goodbye, but not forever. Two years later, Seven Deadly Sins and I have decided to bring it back.

Have a question you've always been burning to ask the Smogon site administration? Here's your chance! For each issue of The Smog, the Smogon admins will comb this this thread, select the very best questions, and write up answers to be published in the webzine. Your questions may cover any topic you like, but remember, not every question will be selected.

I hope you all take this chance to get in touch with us; we want to hear from you
Before posting your query, skim the last question thread and get an idea on what this thread should be like. In addition, it's strongly suggested you take a look at issues one through eight of The Smog and read the "Ask the Admins" article so you know what quality we're expecting.

Ask away!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
why do some mods have bold names where others do not? Is this a function of vBulletin or do they just decide "hey i'd like my name bold because i am bold" or "nah i prefer the sleek, aerodynamic feel of thinner letters?"

edit: how many smod+ forums are there? I just want a number to know what percent of smogon i will never see.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
proof that rayjay is dumber than pwnemon

why do some mods have bold names where others do not? Is this a function of vBulletin or do they just decide "hey i'd like my name bold because i am bold" or "nah i prefer the sleek, aerodynamic feel of thinner letters?"
What forum mods don't have bolded names?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
ohhhh on the bottom where it says "forum leaders" it did not differentiate between pmods and mods, thanks much

Why do you guys run Smogon the way you guys run it today? It could very easily be decided to do something completely different from what's going on right now, taking a turn into a different direction, etc. Do you guys have a set philosophy from which decisions should be made, or is it just common sense for a lot of administrative decisions?

If you could change one thing about Smogon and the Smogon Community in general, what would it be?

A lot of you guys have been around for a while- do you like the direction that Smogon is taking, or do you sometimes wish we were an older, different version of Smogon?

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
How hard was it to get all the way up to admins? What sort of qualities to you look for in possible admins?

What are the defining qualities of moderators and administrators? Why do you emphasize these qualities and characteristics over others?

a fairy

I’ll be at PAX East! Will you?
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
What is the most common reason that requires you to ban someone?

How do you all manage to execute important decisions? How do you sort out disputes where your interests in the site collide?

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
What do you see as the most important site development in the coming future? How does leading smogon affect your real life interaction and leadership skills? If you could impress one idea upon a new smogon member what would it be?

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
On a less serious note from site question stuff.....

What will it take to make haunter's avatar and ct this again?

if all the mods and admins were abandoned on a desert island, who would die first? who would be the last standing?

what is your opinion on the nu and ru tiers? do you think they really need to be separate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)