1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Assumptions and Bluffs - An OU [Pass the Trash] Warstory

Discussion in 'Warstory Archive' started by Eo Ut Mortus, May 28, 2009.

1. Syberia

Syberia [custom user title]
    is a Pre-Contributor

Heatran hits so many things for neutral damage, and OHKOs a lot of the things it hits SE with Fire Blast anyways, that Expert Belt really isn't worth it as an item.
  2. rtc3

rtc3

To sum up what many are saying: Great read, great battle, excellent warstory. This is definitely one of my favorites so far.

I'll be eagerly anticipating your next one, man. Keep up the good work! :)
  3. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

This was fantastic - there's only one place for this, however I'll leave it just for the time being so some more people can have a comment.
  4. Heysup

Heysup Monsters are dangerous and kings are dying like flies.
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

EUM did it again. One of the best battlers + One of the battles + One of the best Warstory writers = One of the best Warstories. Not to mention, LR was in it!
  5. Stallion

Stallion Winner of the "Smogon's Prettiest Girl of All Time" comp
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Great warstory!
  6. Haunter

Haunter 100% avocado
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

Quoted for the truth. This warstory was amazing. Great battle, great format, great commentary. Congratulatios EUM!
  7. Revolution.Z

Revolution.Z

Incredible Warstory. LR seems to be making an appearance in many warstories nowadays. Awesome format and you know on that damage calc did you put in the shuca berry into account?
  8. Darkvirus

Darkvirus

very well played from both of you that was a top war story i cant wait for the next one :P
  9. Aiklap

Aiklap

great warstory, kept me hooked until the end. Easy to read, great prediction, very close, not too long or short.
    Best thing after the warstory was the arrows at the start. :D
  10. cyberzero

cyberzero
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

That was pretty fucking awesome o_o
    That had me at like the edge of my seat, amazing warstory right there
    great battle on both sides as well!
  11. gec

gec i've been crawling through the falling
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Amazing warstory, well done :D
  12. Avocado

Avocado

This warstory was incredible! Amazing battle and commentary that kept me hooked from the beginning to the end - I was practically on the edge of my seat when it was down to Heatran + Gliscor. Truly a 5 star effort. Looking forward to seeing this archived.
  13. Bungalow Bill

Bungalow Bill

Great warstory, very well done!
  14. muttonhead

muttonhead

Fantastic warstory, one of the best I've ever read!
  15. -Marcel-

-Marcel-

O man this is one badass warstory. Very nice read and both of you; well played!
  16. iKitsune

iKitsune

archive this perfection
  17. reachzero

reachzero the pastor of disaster
    is a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Outstanding Warstory. To me the only real question mark was why LR used Outrage on Cresselia instead of Waterfall first. He wasn't KOing either way, and 30% flinch could've made a huge difference. Excellent example of how good comments make a good battle into a great Warstory.
  18. zarator

zarator Credits to Mos-Quitoxe for the cute sprite^^
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

This is superb. They way you planned the lategame after you aknowledge all of LR's team within the time limit and despite being involved into the match is simply beyond my possibility. Kudos to you!

Archive this warstory for posterity^^
  19. Aeroblacktyl

Aeroblacktyl The pizza doesn't scream in the oven! LOL!
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

oh i just clicked this cause it was a 'last post' on main page and i am now pleasantly surprised
  20. Legacy Raider

Legacy Raider
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'd been waiting for this, and wow it was excellent :). I'm glad I left it up to you to warstory this match because I really doubt I could have done it as well. I'd move this to the archive straightaway if I could :P, now we just need a third decider match in the archive to finish it off lol. Awesome read, and good game.
  21. -Mind-

-Mind-

You're such so amazing in warstories. Awesome.
  22. Eo Ut Mortus

Eo Ut Mortus Elodin Smells
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Lol, sorry, I forgot some people haven't read the book yet. It was all in jest, though; I guarantee you that Dumbledore does not die at the end of the seventh book.

Using a Pokemon that was not competitively viable was against the tournament's rules.

When I did the actual damage calculation during the battle, I did place Shuca Berry into account. I didn't post the calculation anywhere in the story, though, but here it is:

236 Atk vs 248 Def & 323 HP (100 Base Power): 204 - 242 (63.16% - 74.92%)

I'm not sure whether or not LR knew it would KO, or perhaps he initially assumed that I was carrying Rest/Sleep Talk, seeing as Moonlight is pretty shoddy. Or he might have been trying to just weaken Cresselia enough so that Scizor would be able to switch into Moonlight.

Haha, an epic tiebreaker would be pretty neat. We'd probably have to pull out all the stops on that one, though. And again, thanks for letting me write it and for a well-played game.

And thanks to everyone else for reading and for all the positive comments!
  23. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

Amazing warstory, 10 stars out of 5. This warstory really shows why teams need Gyarados/Zapdos/Rotom to block Scizor nowadays.
  24. adub_banded

adub_banded

Wow, awesome warstory. I'm very eager to try non-lead Shuca-Tran for myself now.
  25. Angry Chair

Angry Chair

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)