1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Assumptions and Bluffs - An OU [Pass the Trash] Warstory

Discussion in 'Warstory Archive' started by Eo Ut Mortus, May 28, 2009.

1. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

Lol, i read it again because its plain amazing.

BTW, i was just kidding with the Harry Potter thing bro xD
  2. Smallarf

Smallarf

Very informative and a great read. I liked the ending a lot, and was very pleased to read the advice section at the end. Also, I LOVE the psychological warfare going on here!
  3. Sixonesix

Sixonesix
    is a Past SPL Winner

Great gameplay, great ending, great warstory. Nice work Eo Ut Mortus.
  4. Kaxtar

Kaxtar

I'd be on the computer all day if there were more warstories like this one.
  5. locopoke

locopoke indulges in unsavory behavior
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Definetely one of the better and more interesting warstories I've seen in a long time. Great job, EUM.
  6. Mister Militia

Mister Militia

Great job EUM you had me goin there as I didnt see any way that Heatran was going to be able to pull that off.
  7. Pisti

Pisti

There are heaps of words for this, including "Awesome", "Epic", and many others! :D
  8. bearsfan092

bearsfan092

I love this warstory. Very descriptive, even if the battle is a tad bit long. This is archive material, and I love the trade Pokemon thing. I was looking at your initial EQ damage calc and saw your error immediately. Heatran pretty much is guaranteed to die to a STAB EQ, but the Shuca Berry came in to save the day.

Again, nice job.
  9. Gmax

Gmax kuahahahaha
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Hey, this was a great warstory to read! You guys probably had even more fun playing it. That was a great game.
  10. Chris Teke

Chris Teke

great war story!! my only problem is that the image stretched the page, making it difficult to read. . . but it was so well written that i scrolled right and left just to do it
  11. Goodbar

Goodbar

I'm gotta admit this is more than 5 star quality here, quite possibly the most entertaining warstory I've ever read, you're a great writer and battler
  12. Loki

Loki like seashells
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournamentis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Champion

nice job dude
  13. EspyJoel

EspyJoel Espy <3
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

One of the best warstories i've read, good job.
  14. tubbablubba

tubbablubba

Just an amazingly interesting read.
  15. darknite

darknite

This was great.
  16. Zach

Zach

Great war story! A nice twist at the end; I thought Heatran had Expert Belt!
  17. Justinawe

Justinawe

I can only add so much to what everyone else has said, but the warstory proved to be stupendous! Awesome battle, honestly this was one of the best warstories I have read. Archive material for sure, way to go JA VP! :P
  18. Stathakis

Stathakis I hax people in real life
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Field Ranger

excellent warstory :]
  19. Jun.

Jun.

^Agreed :P

I'm slightly sad that I only got to see the latter end of this match live (yeah, kill the dramatic ending for when I read it -_- I screwed myself over). Regardless! Awesome playing Eo, and I am really looking forward to upcoming Warstories from you!

On a side note, LR is in a ton of amazing Warstories ._.
  20. joshe

joshe the best

wow I loved this!!! i can't believe i haven't read this before. WOW.

To The Archive!!!
  21. lati0s

lati0s

the damage calc of gliscor v. heatran is wrong you used gliscor's base attack and not calculated stat, its a guaranteed KO

EDIT: i need to stop posting before i finish reading
  22. Valantaro

Valantaro

Absolutely loved the battle. I love in-depth commentary, and while the lack of color might've caused some people to skip over this battle, I actually am beginning to like that style of warstories. The battle itself was superb, with a ton of predictions, although I have to admit I got annoyed with the obscene amount of U-turns at the beginning ._. Maybe it's just because I hate that move used on me, but it's funny how a Base 70 Bug move can really change the momentum of a whole battle.

Nothing really else to say, great warstory, though...

And I was gonna read that this week =/

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)