Athenodoros vs dragonboy52 - gk is ref

Status
Not open for further replies.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
don't post if you're not battling etc

thanks for putting up with my vacation n.n

rules etc said:
EDIT: Actually, I'd like a battle. 3v3 Doubles, DQ = 2 Days, and 2 Recovers and 5 Chills.

Arena:The Lake of Rage, in Johto. There are no real restrictions on moves, but there will be rain on every day except Wednesdays (determined by what day the ref refs) unless the players choose something different, and there are Gyarados in the lake. If the players disturb the Red Gyarados in the middle he will use Dragon Rage against everyone. It is also surrounded by trees, which Pokemon can hide in or use for whatever they want. You could even set them on fire.

Switch KO.
All abilities.
No items.
teams:

Bronzor(*)
Nature: Brave(Adds * to Atk; A 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks.)
Type: Steel/Psychic

Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.

Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Levitate:Evades Ground moves.
Heatproof:Halves damage from Fire moves and burns.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: *(+)
Def: ***
SpA: *
SpD: ***
Spe: 19(-)

Moves:

Tackle(*)
Confusion(*)
Hypnosis(*)
Imprison(*)
Confuse Ray(*)
Extrasensory(*)
Iron Defense(*)
Safeguard(*)
Gyro Ball(*)
Trick Room(*)
Substitute(*)
Protect(*)

EC:0/6
MC: 0
DC:0/5
Quote:

Azurill (*) (Male)

Nature: Quiet (+Special Attack, -Speed)

Type: Normal

Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Thick Fat Halves damage from Fire and Ice moves. Huge Power Doubles Attack in battle. Sap Sipper Absorbs Grass moves, raising Attack one stage.(DW)
Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: *
Def: **
SpA: *(+)
SpD: **
Spe: 17(-)

Moves:

Splash(*)
Charm(*)
Tail Whip(*)
Bubble(*)
Slam(*)
Water Gun(*)
Body Slam(*)
Encore(*)
Refresh(*)
Ice Beam(*)
Surf(*)
Return

DC:0/5
Quote:

Gible(*) (Male)

Nature: Adamant

Type:

Dragon/Ground

Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Dragonite line can breathe underwater.)

Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:

Sand Veil: This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Rough Skin: When struck with a contact attack, this Pokemon’s abrasive skin causes pain to the opponent, dealing 25% of the damage received to the opponent. (DW)

Stats:

Gible
HP: 100
Atk: ****(+)
SpA: *(-)
SpD: *
Spe: 42

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Sand-Attack(*)
Dragon Rage(*)
Sandstorm(*)
Take Down(*)
Sand Tomb(*)
Slash(*)
Outrage(*)
Scary Face(*)
Iron Head(*)
Earthquake(*)
Roar(*)
Dig(*)

MC:0
DC:0/

[PIMG]396[/PIMG]
Hephaestus the Piplup (M)

Nature:
Quiet - Adds * to Special Attack, and take * from Special Defence.

Type:
Water - Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Torrent - (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)
Defiant (DW) - (Innate) The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's move, it's Attack increases by two (2) stages.

HP: 53
Atk: **
SpA: ****
SpD: *
Spe: 40

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
-Pound
-Growl
-Bubble
-Water Sport
-Peck
-Bubblebeam
-Bide
-Fury Attack

-Hydro Pump
-Yawn
-Flail

-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Substitute

Tirtouga (M), Ao

Nature:
Lonely - Attack increased by *. Defense Decreased by *

Type:
Water - Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Rock - Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm, Earth Power, Earthquake and Magnitude have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Solid Rock - This Pokemon’s body is extremely solid and durable, and it takes three (3) less damage from all super-effective enemy attacks.
Sturdy - This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing damage from an opponents attacks by one (1) damage. The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) damage.
Swift Swim (DW) - (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.

Atk: ***
Def: ****
SpA: **
Spe: 22

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
-Bide
-Withdraw
-Water Gun
-Rollout
-Bite
-Protect
-Aqua Jet
-Ancientpower
-Crunch
-Wide Guard
-Whirlpool
-Iron Defence
-Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Stone Edge

[PIMG]129[/PIMG]
Magikarp (M), "Jormungandr"

Nature:
Rash - Special Attack increased by *. Special Defense decreased by *

Type:

Abilities:
Swift Swim - (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.
Rattled (DW) - (Innate) These Pokemon are more easily frightened by Ghost, Bug, and Dark-typed attacks and will raise their speed by one (1) stage when struck by attacks of those types

HP: 80
SpA: ** (+)
SpD: (-)
Spe: 80

EC: 3/9
MC: 5
DC: 3/5

Attacks:
-Splash
-Tackle
-Flail
-Bounce
-Bubble
-Reversal

athen posts mons
dboy posts mons+actions
athen posts actions
etc

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Sorry about that. I misread and thought I was second. I release Jormungandr and Ao!

Ao the Tirtouga

Jormungandr the Magikarp

Athenodoros

Well given he hasn't given an order or anything for Azurill, I can only assume that it is a combo move, combining the two into one move to hit both (?). In that case, Ao can use Wide Guard to stop the Encore, blocking it for everyone. In the meantime, Jormungandr can use Flail and then Reversal on Azurill while it recovers from the combo. Ao can also join in with a Stone Edge on Azurill while it recovers. Finally, Ao can deliver one more Stone Edge to Azurill, backed up by a Flail by Jormungandr, both on Azurill. I don't really want to see any Encores actually hit.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I usually include stats and stuff, but doubles is a bitch soooo
|

Ao (M) | Jormungandr (M)
HP: 90 | 80
Energy: 100 | 100
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Actions: Wide Guard - Stone Edge (Azurill) - Stone Edge (Azurill) | Flail (Azurill) - Reversal (Azurill) - Flail (Azurill)
|

Bronzor (M) | Azurill (F)
HP: 90 | 90
Energy: 100 | 100
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Actions: TrickRoom - Substitute (15%) - Gyro Ball (Ao) | Dual Encore (Both) - Recharge - Return (Jormungandr)

This beautiful match located at the Lake of Rage featuring Athenodoros and dragonboy52 is sure to be an exiting one! Starting the contest is the faster group of Ao and Jormungandr who use Wide Guard and Flail to keep the wildlife around the arena happy and start the battle with some nice damage against dragonboy's Azurill who is hopeless in an attempt to Encore the moves just made by her opponents. While this takes place, Bronzor takes its time creating a multicolored room for the four Pokemon and their trainers as speed itself is reversed in a Trick Room of sorts. This allows Bronzor to quickly create a Substitute of itself while Ao and Jormungandr continue their assault on Azurill using Stone Edge and Reversal in a stunning display of power that leaves the poor baby Pokemon bouncing for her life as she recharges. Using their new-found speed, Bronzor floats towards Ao with a Gyro Ball that really pits slowness against slowness for minute damage while Azurill hits the flopping Magikarp straight into the Lake of Rage with a Return. Jormungandr continues doing what he does best however, ending the round with another Flail.
|

Ao (M) | Jormungandr (M)
HP: 86 | 69
Energy: 75 | 78
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Actions:
|

HP: 75 | 40
Energy: 74 | 74
Boosts/Drops:
Others: Trick Room four (4) more rounds, 15 HP Subsitute (Bronzor)
Actions:

Action 1
Ao: Wide Guard - [7 Energy]
Jorm: Flail (Azurill) - 6 + [(1-2) x 1.5] = [4.5 Damage] [7.2 Energy]
Azurill: Double Encore - [20 Energy]
Bronzor: Trick Room - [9 Energy]

Action 2
Ao: Stone Edge (Azurill) - 10 + 3 + [(4-2) x 1.5] = [16 Damage] [7 Energy]
Jorm: Reversal (Azurill) - 6 + [(1-2) x 1.5] x 1.5 = [6.75 Damage] [7.2 Energy]
Azurill: Recharge
Bronzor: Substitute - [12 Energy] (15% sub)

Action 3
Ao: Stone Edge (Azurill) - 10 + 3 + [(4-2) x 1.5] = [16 Damage] [11 Energy]
Jorm: Flail (Azurill) - 8 + [(1-2) x 1.5] = [6.5 Damage] [7.6 Energy]
Azurill: Return (Jorm) - 8 + 3 + [(2-2) x 1.5] = [11 Damage] [6 Energy]
Bronzor: Gyro Ball (Ao) - 3.3 + 3 + [(2-3) x 1.5] - 1 (sturdy) = [3.8 Damage] [5 Energy]

I would like both of you to resend me the stat lines of each of your Pokemon as 3 of the Pokemon in this round had stats that were not changed after natures were applied and it made it a little tough on me :S

Athenodoros

Jorm:
HP: 80
SpA: ** (+)
SpD: (-)
Spe: 80

Ao:
Atk: ***
Def: ****

Ao, you can keep going at Azurill, just using Stone Edge at Azurill until it faints. Then, continue with Hydro Pumps against Bronzor until the end of the round. Jormungandr, you can alternate Reversal => Flail => Reversal, targetting Azurill until it faints, and then also moving to Bronzor.

I don't have access to my Computer ATM, I may be able to re-send you the stats in 24 hours if I gain access to my computer. If this round can go on without me re-sending my team, I will edit this post.
EDIT:
New Stats

Azurill
Atk: Rank 1
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1(+) I think this becomes Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 17 (-)

Bronzor
Atk: Rank 1(+) I think this becomes Rank 2.
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 19(-)

Actions!
Bronzor Keep using Hypnosis until it hits Ao then aim for Magikarp, If you have any actions left use extrasensory on Magikarp.
Azurill Keep hiting Magikarp till he dies.

Athenodoros

Sorry, I just realised that Ao's stats were incorrect, so:

Atk: **** (+)
Def: *** (-)

little gk

competitive oosos player
dragonboy, it's cool that you want to hit a magikarp, but i can't do much until i know what move is being used :S

below edit: if it's about "hitting" slam and body slam would be more accurate imo

i am not battling but he says "keep hitting" which implies repeat so i'd guess return? anyways yeah you can ban me now.

little gk

competitive oosos player
|

Ao (M) | Jormungandr (M)
HP: 86 | 69
Energy: 75 | 78
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Actions: Stone Edge (Azurill) - Stone Edge (Azurill) - Stone Edge (Azurill) | Reversal (Azurill) - Flail (Azurill) - Reversal (Azurill)
|

HP: 75 | 40
Energy: 74 | 74
Boosts/Drops:
Others: Trick Room four (4) more rounds, 15 HP Subsitute (Bronzor)
Actions: Hypnosis (Ao) - Hypnosis (Jorm) - Extrasensory (Jorm) | Return (Jorm) - Return (Jorm) - Return (Jorm)

Action 1
Ao: zzzzz
Jorm: Reversal (Azurill) - [11 Damage] [3 Energy]
Azurill: Return (Jorm) - [11 Damage] [6 Energy]
Bronzor: Hypnosis (Ao) - 10 Energy

Action 2
Ao: Stone Edge (Azurill) - 10 + 3 + [(4-2) x 1.5] = [16 Damage] [7 Energy]
Jorm: zzzzzz
Azurill: Return (Jorm) - [11 Damage] [10 Energy]
Bronzor: Hypnosis (Jorm) - 14 Energy

Action 3
Ao: Stone Edge (Azurill) - 10 + 3 + [(4-2) x 1.5] = [16 Damage] [11 Energy]
Jorm: zzzzzzz
Azurill: Return (Jorm) - [11 Damage] [14 Energy]
Bronzor: Extrasensory (Jorm) - [14 Damage] [5 Energy]
Gyarados: Dragon Rage (Everyone) [10 Damage]

In a match where the slowest win, Bronzor, hiding behind his trusty Substitute, fires off a Hypnosis on Ao, causing a light sleep! This leaves an open window for Azurill to bounce towards Jorm and begin to piss off the ref by spamming Return! Visibly angry at the spam, Jorm gets his Revenge on Azurill. While waking up from his light sleep, Ao watches as Bronzor puts Jorm into a deep sleep with Hypnosis. Azurill begins to beat the sleeping Jorm with consecutive Returns showing how cruelty comes in even the cutest packages. Horrified at the sight, Ao begins to stone Azurill with rocks from around the lake! This causes good damage, but as rocks drop into the lake, a Gyarados is slightly annoyed at both the meteor shower at his home and the beating of a poor Magikarp. As Bronzor continues the attacks with an Extrasensory, The Gyarados just gets pissed the hell off and fires a Dragon Rage at everyone before diving back into the depths of the lake.
|

Ao (M) | Jormungandr (M)
HP: 76 | 12
Energy: 57 | 75
Boosts/Drops:
Others: Jorm is about to wake up
Actions:
|

HP: 75 | KO
Energy: 45 | 44
Boosts/Drops:
Others: Trick Room four (3) more rounds, 5 HP Subsitute (Bronzor)
Actions:

Ao and Jorm didn't have great luck with Hypnosis :S

Edit: i just realized i made the weather cl

Athenodoros

Jormungandr, I want you to combine the flailing movements of Splash and Flail to turn flail's movements into a Water-type attack, and target Gible with it. If you somehow survive, then use Bubble at Bronzor to break his substitute.

Ao, you just use Ice Beam three times against that Gible, and hope that Sturdy + Solid Rock pulls through.

little gk

competitive oosos player
Gible
Atk: Rank 4(+)
SpA: Rank 0(-)
Spe: 42

|

Ao (M) | Jormungandr (M)
HP: 76 | 12
Energy: 57 | 75
Boosts/Drops:
Others: Jorm is about to wake up
Actions: Ice Beam (Gible) - Ice Beam (Gible) - Ice Beam (Gible) | Splash+Flail (Gible) - Recharge (zzzz) - Bubble (Bronzor)
|

Bronzor (M) | Gible (F)
HP: 75 | 90
Energy: 45 | 44
Boosts/Drops:
Others: Trick Room four (3) more rounds, 5 HP Subsitute (Bronzor)
Actions: Gyro Ball (Jorm) - Gyro Ball (Ao) - Gyro Ball (Ao) | Earthquake (both) - Earthquake (both) - Earthquake (both)
Action 1
Ao: Ice Beam (Gible) - [20 Damage] [6 Energy]
Jorm: Water-type Flail (Gible) - nope u.u
Gible: Earthquake - [Enough damage to ko Jorm] [19 Damage to Ao] [7 Energy]
Bronzor: Gyro Ball (Jorm) - [not enough damage to ko jorm] [5 Energy]

Action 2
Ao: Ice Beam (Azurill) - [20 Damage] [10 Energy]
Gible: Earthquake - [19 Damage to Ao] [11 Energy]
Bronzor: Gyro Ball (Ao) - [4 Damage] [9 Energy]
Gyarados: Dragon Rage - [10 Damage]

Action 3
Ao: Ice Beam (Azurill) - [20 Damage] [14 Energy]
Gible: Earthquake - [19 Damage to Ao] [15 Energy]
Bronzor: Gyro Ball (Ao) - [4 Damage] [13 Energy]

As the small group of enemies ponder their standing with an angry Gyarados. Bronzor slams into Jorm with a Gyro Ball, the poor fish tries to flop and flop as hard as he can, but is knocked out as a hurt Gible stomps down on the ground after being hit by Ao's Ice Beam, creating an Earthquake that hits everything but Bronzor. Somewhere above an Arceus thinks, "There are only so many ways to ref the same three moves at once, so let's get another Gyarados angry." At the completion of that thought, a Gyarados starts screeching like a banshee and its (dragon) rage transforms in pain for each Pokemon. Bronzor, distraught from his sub finally being gone, hits Ao with yet another Gyro Ball. This leaves the poor turtle with no other option but slapping Gible with an Ice Beam. As time dwindles down, Gible is able to extract his revenge with an Earthquake that makes the young Turtle collapse onto the sand near the lake.
|

Ao (M) | Jormungandr (M)
HP: 25 | KO
Energy: 27 | KO
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Actions:
|

Bronzor (M) | Gible (F)
HP: 75 | 20
Energy: 18 | 67
Boosts/Drops:
Others: Trick Room four (3) more rounds
Actions:

Note: The current speed rankings are Bronzor, Ao, Gible

if you guys keep spamming attacks, everyone will ko to exhaustion before we know it!

edit: tomorrow is RAIN DANCE WEDNESDAY, so i'll ref the next round as if it was raining

Athenodoros

Well I obviously release Hephaestus the Piplup.

Also, have Sturdy and Solid Rock been taken into account for Ao? I get different numbers.

Anyway, we can start off the round with both of you firing Ice Beams at Gible, to try to finish him off. Then, unless Gible is still conscious, Hephaestus can use Hydro Pump against Bronzor twice and Ao can fire off a Waterfall and then Chill. If Gible survives the first round, then Ice Beams should replace actions for as long as it is alive, except for Ao's chill.

little gk

competitive oosos player
ok, so we had a discussion on irc tonight that pretty much decided that EQ and friends do 75% damage, sorry dragonboy52 :x

because of this you should go ahead and edit your actions since Ao actually has 25 HP :S.

note: this is my screw up

Athenodoros

Same actions.

It may also be useful to note that EQ now does 11 damage, because he also forgot Sturdy and Solid Rock.

No problem.

Gible use Sandstorm then double EQ.
Bronzor use confusion on Piplup and hope for a confusion hax. Then Chill twice. Also since your the fastest throw Piplup on Ao with Confusion so they both hit each other with IceBeam. If that does not work block Gible and take the Icebeams.

little gk

competitive oosos player
Piplup does not have the stats you gave me, Athenodoros, unless you're cool with 53 HP
Atk: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4(+)
Spe: 34(-)
|

Ao (M) | Hephaestus (M)
HP: 25 | 90
Energy: 27 | 100
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Actions: Ice Beam (Gible) - Waterfall (Bronzor) - chill | Ice Beam (Gible) - Hydro Pump (Bronzor) - Hydro Pump (Bronzor)
|

Bronzor (M) | Gible (F)
HP: 75 | 20
Energy: 18 | 67
Boosts/Drops:
Others: Trick Room three (3) more rounds
Actions: Confusion (Heph) - chill - chill | Sandstorm (:D) - Earthquake (all) - Earthquake (all)

Action 1
Ao: Ice Beam (Gible) - [20 Damage] [18 Energy]
Heph: Ice Beam (Bronzor) - [8 Damage] [6 Energy]
Bronzor: Confusion (Heph) - [6 Damage] [2 Energy]

Action 2
Ao: Waterfall (Bronzor) - [16 Damage] [5 Energy]
Bronzor: Chill - [12 Energy]
Heph: Hydro Pump - [20 Damage] [7 Energy]

Action 3
Ao: Chill - [12 Energy]
Bronzor: Chill - [12 Energy]
Heph: Hydro Pump crit - [23 Damage] [11 Energy]

Suddenly, clouds start forming around the lake, it looks like it's going to rain! Luckily for Ao, his Dream World ability is locked, so he doesn't have to be the slowest Pokemon on the field. This allows him to use a chilling Ice Beam to knock out Gible once and for all! Feeling trapped, Bronzor targets Heph with a mind bending Confusion, but it doesn't get the 10% chance of confusion like he had hoped. Bronzor then begins to chill repeatedly as Heph and Ao begin an assault with Hydro Pumps and Waterfalls, it seems as though Heph's second Hydro Pump was stronger than the others, a critical hit. The clouds move away, but it may already be too late for Bronzor...

|

Ao (M) | Hephaestus (M)
HP: 25 | 84
Energy: 16 | 76
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Actions:
|

Bronzor (M) | Gible (F)
HP: 8 | KO
Energy: 40 | KO
Boosts/Drops:
Others: Trick Room two (2) more rounds
Actions:

little gk

competitive oosos player
it is, but it doesn't make too big of a difference how i write it when it's like "bronzor, being the fastest, chills before anyone can hit him ahahahahahahaha"

Athenodoros

I think it is probably 'everyone spam attacks until he dies' time.

Ao, you use Aqua Jet and Hephaestus can use Bubblebeam until the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)