Attack of the Pranksters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I approve of this battle, because it had Murkrow in it. That thing is amazing ;)

But great warstory; interesting teams and a good battle made for an enjoyable read. Your commentary especially (though crude at times) it was quite reflective of what you were going through in the battle, and it made the read all that more enjoyable.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
To be honest, the battle could have been better. It seems like you lost your momentum early on and have been on the defensive since then, without really gaining it back. The originality of the teams presented does not make up for this shortcoming.

Quality formatting and commentary, though! This is impressive for your first thread! I would read your future warstories :)

To be honest, the battle could have been better. It seems like you lost your momentum early on and have been on the defensive since then, without really gaining it back. The originality of the teams presented does not make up for this shortcoming.

Quality formatting and commentary, though! This is impressive for your first thread! I would read your future warstories :)
Well I thought that this is what made the warstory good. The fact that I had to change my playstyle and really think about how to fight against a team that uses strange, yet powerful tactics. I wasn't trying to show a down-to-the-wire duel, I was trying to show that the metagame has an incredible number of possible playstyles that can be just as good as another, and how one might cope when one of these surprise styles shows up in a battle and has the upper hand against your team. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't quite capable of coming up with the win here.

Thank you for being constructive though! I really do love it when people give me something to think about the next time I do something. I'm glad you liked my commentary :D

Great battle, awesome and insightful commentary that made me smile
What I also love about this warstory more than others is the fact that I learnt something, that would help me on the battlefield

Thank you for an excellent warstory!

9/10

Wow, this was an excellent warstory. The battle was awesome, the teams were unique (especially your opponent's haha), and the commentary was absolutely fantastic. I could clearly follow your logic in your commentary, and that's a huge plus. I look forward to reading your future warstories! :)

Yamata no Orochi

dreamenddischarger
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ahahaha, I've been waiting for a nice warstory like this for quite a while. I wish people would make more warstories faster, but it will be in low quality. The battle was great and the commentary is interesting. I wish I could see stuff like this more often.
I give it a 9/10.

What stands out to me the most in this Warstory is that it seems like you're trying too hard with the commentary. With a good battle, the battle will speak for itself. Remember, Warstories should showcasing the battle first and the author's wit second. Warstories are definitely subjective (as I can attest), but unfortunately I’m not a fan of this one. I’d give it a 5/10; the battle itself was mediocre at best and the commentary was forced. A commendable effort, but it's not my cup of tea. Haters gonna hate, but if you enjoy doing these then by all means keep it up!

Thank you very much everyone. All of this positive feedback certainly makes me want to write another someday. If I ever find the right battle with this much unique charm and intrigue that makes you think, I'll be sure to start writing about it!

A bit off topic but sometimes I worry that the negative feedback given on new warstories will cause people to stop writing them. I haven't seen a new one on here in a couple weeks.

Then again, I get that it's probably no better to read a thousand bad warstories.

This was a very good one, imo. Some flaws, obviously, but still.

What stands out to me the most in this Warstory is that it seems like you're trying too hard with the commentary. With a good battle, the battle will speak for itself. Remember, Warstories should showcasing the battle first and the author's wit second. Warstories are definitely subjective (as I can attest), but unfortunately I’m not a fan of this one. I’d give it a 5/10; the battle itself was mediocre at best and the commentary was forced. A commendable effort, but it's not my cup of tea. Haters gonna hate, but if you enjoy doing these then by all means keep it up!
I actually thought my commentary seemed the exact opposite; in that it was incredibly laid back and natural. But thanks for the criticism anyway!

Really enjoyed the warstory and there were both great teams. And it also shows how much good Taunt is in competive battle. Can´t wait to read another of youre stories Byrne.

I absolutely loved the commentary! It shows understanding of the game and is an absolute joy to read.
The battle itself was a rare gem too. How many times do you encounter a Tailwind Team that works and gives you a run for your money!

Great job, and please, please post more warstories!

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
Great job. The writing was particularly good. I enjoyed reading the whole way through. I hope you write more warstories in the future. 10/10

It's great that people are still finding enjoyment after this warstory even a month after I wrote it! Thanks for all the nice comments, guys.

This is a very impressive battle; good tactics from both sides made it an impressive read.
Looking forward to seeing more warstories from you on my doorstep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)