1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Attacking Power!

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by KyraGrace, Apr 29, 2012.

1. KyraGrace

KyraGrace

Attack Power!

Hello there. This is my second team I've posted to the forums. It has done really great in the metagames for me. Winning matches is a breeze with these OHKO's.

Introduction:
    This is the team I created through time in playing the Dream World Metagame. I can't stand using weather teams because they have never worked for me. I have tried an attacking form of this team, but it failed. So, I recreated it in more of a stat-boosting element. Trapping your enemy with quick moves that they would never expect & then catching them off-guard to finish them. This team could have some flaws, but not as much as the +5 Ice Weakness of my last one. :)

TEAM IN DETAIL:

[​IMG]
    Ninjask (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Substitute
    - X-Scissor
    - Baton Pass

Intro:
    Alright, lets explain Ninjask's place in my team. He is a big team player throughout the match.. Without him, my team could run into a bit of trouble with their threats.

Tactic:
    My tactic with Ninjask; Substitute, allow your Speed Boost to raise your speed +1 each time.. Keep Substituting until it reaches +6. (Alt, if they miss a move or use a status affliction move that fails, go with Swords Dance for a +2 boost to attack!) After I have my stats boosted to a sufficient amount, Baton Pass to another one of my Pokemon to give them major stat boosts.

Moves:
    I also added X-Scissor instead of Protect that way if I get in a bind, Ninjask will be able to attack with the boosts it has instead of taking up dead space if everything else faints.

Ability:
    Speed Boost for the Baton Pass later in the match. Used also to help out my slower Pokemon.

Effort Values:
    EV's are in HP to add to the amount of Substitutes created. I chose the Defenses to be able to withstand certain attacks while in Substitute form.

Items:
    Leftovers were chosen as the item to recover the damage taken by all the Substitutes.

[​IMG]
    Breloom (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Mach Punch
    - Bullet Seed
    - Swords Dance
    - Spore

Intro:
    Breloom, everyone's nightmare Pokemon. He can set himself up if Ninjask isn't able to pass on attack stats. Also, he can grind the opponents strongest by making them fall asleep.

Tactic:
    My tactics with Breloom are usually to use Spore as soon as my opponent sends out his Pokemon. I then use Swords Dance until it reaches +6 Attack. (Alt, if they wake up or have a Berry, use Spore again.) I chose Mach Punch because of its priority and raised power due to Technician. I chose Bullet Seed because it also gets a boost from Technician and can pack a hell of a punch.

Ability:
    Technician is there to boost the power of Bullet Seed & Mach Punch.

Effort Values:
    EV's are in Attack & Speed for maximum hit power.

Items:
    I chose Focus Sash for it to wear only because it makes it a great Revenge Killer or Switch In with Boosts. Plus, it throws the enemy off when its still alive after hitting it with their strongest move, then dying to Mach Punch.

[​IMG]
    Durant (F) @ Eject Button
    Trait: Truant
    EVs: 4 HP / 248 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Toxic
    - Entrainment
    - Rock Climb

Intro:
    Ah, Durant.. Another key part of my team. See, Durant sets up one of my strongest Pokemon combinations.

Tactic:
    My tactic with Durant is to hit my opponents Pokemon with a Entrainment. That's it. If I can inflict a status ailment, I will. If I need to attack, I will. But, Durant's point in being in my team is its Synergy with Chanderlure. (Will explain in next post.) Durant's Entrainment will pass on its Truant ability to its opponent, making the opponent only able to attack every other turn.

Ability:
    Truant is only used to be passed on to an enemy. It really slows down their whole team & leaves huge openings to attack.

Effort Values:
    EV's are in Speed to hit that Entrainment & Attack if needed to attack to defend itself.

Items:
    I made it hold Eject Button to better set-up its Synergy with Chanderlure by giving it a free switch.

[​IMG]
    Chandelure (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Shadow Tag
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Protect
    - Calm Mind
    - Energy Ball
    - Psychic

Intro:
    Oh Chanderlure, how we love you. Chanderlure is my main sweeper on this team. It thrives off the boosts it gets. It can trap your opponent leaving them helpless.

Tactic:
    My tactic with Chanderlure is to trap the opponent in its Shadow Tag after having Durant's Entrainment take effect. Now, this is what I do. S/He can't change Pokemon & can only attack every other turn.. I boost when they are slacking, use Protect when they are able to attack. I do this until it's Special Attack & Special Defense are +6. That makes it a powerhouse when it comes to attacking & defending. It will resist most moves easily then while still being able to demolish and sweep.

Moves:
    I chose Psychic over Flamethrower & Shadow Ball only because Chanderlure would be rendered useless if a normal type Pokemon was sent out and it was boosted.. I also opted out of Flamethrower because it could get Flash Fire, Fire Absorb, etc. Also, changed Acid Armor to Energy Ball to cover more Dark types that would block Chanderlure.

Ability:
    Shadow Tag is to trap the opponent so I can stat boost while also leaving s/he in a bad position by putting their team off-balance.

Effort Values:
    EV's are in Speed so it can hit first & also in Special Attack to hit hard.

Items:
    I made it hold a Lum Berry to protect it from Status Ailments that could wear it down. (Poison, Burn, etc.)

[​IMG]
    Garchomp (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Outrage
    - Fire Fang
    - Earthquake

Intro:
    My physical powerhouse. Scarfed Boosted Garchomp maxes out its Attack at 2,362. Now, I don't care who you are.. You aren't blocking those attacks.

Tactic:
    My tactic with Garchomp is fairly simple. Just attack & conquer. Its a overall powerhouse making it hard to takedown unless you have Ice shard or a very quick Ice Pokemon. I spread out its attack types giving it diversity. (Even though it will be stuck to a move.)

Ability:
    Rough Skin is to hurt your opponent every time they hit you with a Physical attack.

Effort Values:
    EV's are in the obvious places, Attack & Speed for max raw destructive power.

Items:
    Choice Band for the increased Attack power.

[​IMG]
    Cloyster (F) @ King's Rock
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 252 Atk / 48 SDef / 208 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Shell Smash
    - Razor Shell
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast

Intro:
    Cloyster is my lead annoyance Pokemon. Most people don't really see her as much of a threat until she attacks. She can be blunt & destroy some of the strongest Pokemon in DW OU.

Tactic:
    My tactic with Cloyster is to hit the opponent hard with the multi-hit moves. The multi-hit moves then correspond with the King's Rock giving it a 47% chance of flinching. With those odds, I can take down bulky Pokemon without having to worry about what they will use in return. The moves are fairly spread out in terms of types. I use Shell Smash only when I need a major boost, but most of the time Cloyster gains the boosts from Ninjask.

Ability:
    Skill Link is used to make Icicle Spear & Rock Blast hit 5 times. It also increases the chances of your opponent flinching through the increased move number.

Effort Values:
    EV's in Attack for hard hitting power, Special Defense due to its lack of that stat & Speed to slide by faster Pokemon.

Items:
    King's Rock for the 47% chance of making my opponent flinch.

THREAT LIST:

I'll go through a complete threat list when I have time.

Conclusion:
    This team is my baby. I'm constantly trying to find ways to improve it. If you have any feedback, feel free to comment below!
  2. worcestershire

worcestershire

I'm not the best at this, but I'm going to point out a few things that stick out to me. First, I see this team having serious problems with some more common physical walls. skarmory could wreck this team almost by itself. Nothing on this team can hit it super-effectively, bar some good roost prediction. It can phase to eliminate all of those boosts you pass, set up spikes, and whittle down your team. Ninjask is taunt bait at the moment. It should have an attack, preferably x-scissor for STAB, just in case it's forced to use those boosts. Use that over protect. Also, your team is completely physical. that's nice for passing boosts, but it leaves you in a tough spot against physical walls, which can block your whole team and set up to their heart's content. Also, five of your monsters share an ice weakness. you need to switch something out. Unless you're running spore, Breloom's job can be better done by other monsters, ones without ice weaknesses. Rivalry on Haxorus is risky. It can mean a power boost, but it can also weaken you if the monster you're fighting happens to be female, which includes all blissey. Ferrothorn is another monster that can set up on this team, at least once breloom is done with. you should consider fire fang on garchomp to help counter that problem. There's probably more, but that's what came off the top of my head.
  3. DaRkRaii

DaRkRaii

Breloom NEEDS SPORE. Seriously, you get off a Speed Boosted Baton Pass to Breloom and he will put things to sleep and set up on everything. Use this set:

Jolly: 252 Att 252 Speed 4 HP
    Techician
    Spore
    Mach Punch
    Bullet Seed
    Swords Dance

Bullet Seed is INSANE STAB because of Technician and boosted it even dominates some resists. Its one of the most used in DW for a reason. Mach Punch is what Bullet Punch is to Scizor but with better Typing.
  4. Bugdomking

Bugdomking

5 ice weaknesses? :|
  5. Rwhite84

Rwhite84

Skarm is 6-0 scrap razor shell use hydro pump
  6. MavsObbession

MavsObbession

Hey there, KyraGrace, and welcome to Smogon! I'm impressed on how organized your RMT is! Now... on to the rate!

Problems and Threats
    Considering you have 5 Ice weaknesses, the biggest threat to your team is Choice Scarf Genesect, just because Genesect can outspeed your whole team (with the exception of Ninjask), and you'll get destroyed by his Ice Beam. Genesect will literally OHKO your whole team with its moveset, most specifically the moves Flamethrower and Ice Beam. I did the calcs, here's what Genesect would do to your team:

Ninjask (Max HP) - Ice Beam/T-Bolt/Flamethrower: 86.5% - 101.8% (13% chance to KO)
    Breloom - Ice Beam/Flamethrower: 124.9% - 147.1% (100% chance to KO)
    Garchomp - Ice Beam: 138.9% - 163.6 (100% chance to KO)
    Donphan (Max HP) - Ice Beam: 84.6% - 100% (9% chance to KO)
    Haxorus - Ice Beam: 97.6% - 115.4% (88% chance to KO)
    Cloyster - Thunderbolt: 152.7% - 180.1% (100% chance to KO)

As you can see all of your 'mons will either get 2HKO'ed or OHKO'ed most of the time by a Scarfed Genesect. Skarmory is also a potential threat because no one on this team will hit super-effectively, and it will stall you out with Roost.

Solutions
    You can possibly check Genesect by Baton Passing the Speed Boost from Ninjask to Breloom, which can lead you to outspeed Genesect after a +2 speed boost. Also, I suggest Spore > Stone Edge; that way, you can stop Genesect, and you can OHKO it with Drain Punch.

Don't give Haxorus Rivalry, please. Give it Mold Breaker instead, just because you can EQ Levitate Pok├ęs such as Gengar. Rivalry is risky like everyone else mentioned, if you're up against a female, your Attack stat is decreased.

Also, if you want to check Skarmory, give Garchomp Fire Fang > Iron Head. Like worchestershire mentioned, Ferrothorn will set up on you, while Skarmory stalls you. Give Garchomp Fire Fang to prevent this problem.

If you have any more questions, just ask! Hope I helped!
  7. KyraGrace

KyraGrace

Bump due to a major edit.
  8. KyraGrace

KyraGrace

Bump.. D:
  9. Professor Birch

Professor Birch

Not much to say here except that you are screwed by Taunt. Taunt will make Ninjask useless. Same with Durant. This also means you will not get any boosts off. Just be careful of Taunt.
  10. KyraGrace

KyraGrace

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)