1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Attention Artists: Facebook needs you!

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by RBG, Jul 30, 2012.

1. RBG

RBG But I keep cruising, can't stop, won't stop grooving.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

Hey artists, wanna draw? Basically, I've grown tired of the Facebook Page's cover photo being either box art or official artwork. So I've decided to open this up to the fine artists in Smeargle's Studio! Here is most of the info you will need.

• I'm going to throw out 851*315 as the suggested size. (This link provides more info that might be useful.)
    • The current plan is to make the pictures be in rotation for a month, but if we get enough, we can switch to every two weeks.
    • Ideally, the art should reflect the mood of upcoming/current Pokemon games, or competitive battling.
    • It would be preferable to have original art.
    • Naturally, credit will be given to the artist in the photo description.

AlchEdit: Old thread.

Pictures used:
  2. Furosuto

Furosuto

Hmmm... Seems interesting. I'd be happy to help out with this, but is there anything specific that you would want on the cover photo? Like, which specific pokemon doing what? Or are we allowed to do any pokemon that we want, as long as it has something to do with popular pokemon?
  3. RBG

is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

Anything should be fine, although ideally focusing on B2W2 would be preferable.
  4. nov

nov

This should be fun. I may just contribute.
  5. Alice

Alice The worst taste in music

Do you accept pencil work, or digital art only?
  6. RBG

Facebook Manager

Either should work.
  7. Brutaka

Brutaka

Um, do we just post them here? I dunno, I made it in like 15 minutes, so I dunno if you'll like it or not...
    [​IMG]
    I mean, I think it looks cool, but you know....
  8. Terminate421

Terminate421

I'll give this a shot. I'll edit this post as my submission...
  9. Zero Hour 17

Zero Hour 17

so, do we post it here? or are you going to give us an email or something?
  10. russthawk

russthawk

Here's my submission. Thanks!

Dog fight

[​IMG]
  11. RBG

Facebook Manager

Just post it here. The intent is to acquire art that is original, and gets both the mood of either our site (competitive battling) or the upcoming B2W2 games.
  12. icepick

icepick she brings the rain
    is an Artist

13. TrueSoprano

TrueSoprano

I may or may not participate. I'm admittedly not very good at drawing Pokemon, but I'm getting better.
  14. PatrickTH

PatrickTH

Hi!
    I want to contribute a drawing I did a while ago about white and black kyurem for the hype of the Japanese release of B2W2, it's a digital illustration. I Hope you like it! :)

[​IMG]

(Sorry, my english is not very well xDU)
  15. RBG

Facebook Manager

The current plan of mine is to start changing the picture on Friday, biweekly. However, if we get enough banners, I might switch that to weekly.
  16. RBG

Facebook Manager

Alright, the first new image is up! Let's see some more new cover images please!
  17. Muffin

Muffin

it's not awesome as icepick's image and it's not BW2 but it is... smogon! hope you like it

[​IMG]
  18. bluehoundoom

bluehoundoom

[​IMG]
    Hope you like it! :)
  19. Furosuto

Furosuto

Well, since B/W 2 both have new main characters, I thought I'd contribute a little something for the cover page right here:
    [​IMG]

Hope I get picked soon. Good luck to the rest of you, and I hope your pictures make it onto the facebook cover too!
  20. RBG

Facebook Manager

Next new banner goes up tomorrow, but it's not too late to submit a banner!
  21. bluehoundoom

bluehoundoom

I have a question, if we have already submitted a banner here, can we make as many as we want?
  22. RBG

Facebook Manager

Sure, I have no problem with multiple submissions.

Speaking of this the next image is up!
  23. v

v I just...do things
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    ULTRA Moderator

late but icepick you're a god
  24. RBG

Facebook Manager

Putting up a new cover picture this Friday. Given that we just had a Keldeo release, it would be nice to see some art with Keldeo and the Muskadeers *coughcough*
  25. RBG

Facebook Manager

Third image is going up!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)