Aurorus (QC 0/3)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ScraftyIsTheBest
I feel that the Rock Polish sets simply don't cut it in the metagame as it is now. This is mainly because of their low power, Aurorus' susceptibility to common priority like Bullet Punch from Hariyama, Aqua Jet from Samurott (and I guess Floatzel?) and Mach Punch from Gurdurr and Hitmon... oh wait. Additionally, while Aurorus doesn't have the hardest time setting up, it doesn't have a remarkably easy time setting up either.

Also, I feel that this should be what the Scarf set looks like:

Choice Scarf
########
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Nature Power
move 2: Freeze-Dry
move 3: Ancient Power
move 4: Hyper Voice / Earth Power
ability: Refrigerate
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid / Naive

The reason I have slashed Hyper Voice with Earth Power instead of Nature Power is because Hyper Voice has nice utility as it allows it to beat things like Sub Boufalaunt with more ease, as well as having higher power, but Nature Power is absolutely necessary for the Choice Scarf set as it works around Sucker Punch, and that is a hugely useful asset for Aurorus. Additionally, three Ice-type attacks isn't completely dead weight as Aurorus doesn't have much going for it outside of that anyway.

On the specs set have the slash ordering as Hyper Voice, Freeze Dry, Ancient Power, Tri Attack. Aurorus doesn't have much going for it coverage-wise, and the niches of Hyper Voice and Nature Power are both too much for it to give up when it isn't holding a Choice Scarf tbh, but make a point to say that Hyper Voice will usually be the thing that it clicks because it is more powerful.

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ScraftyIsTheBest please update this thread to ORAS standards, I saw mentions of banned mons and a lead set should be added in along with a mention of Earthpower somewhere on the set.

Ares

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If you don't reply to the thread saying its been updated how is the QC team supposed to know if this is ready for another check. Please reply back when you have implemented a check.

Make a proper C&C section.

Ares

Reassigning this as well, not replying to the thread after an update as well as formatting issues are pretty huge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)