Australian VGC-Style Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its kinda dumb that you win black or white when you already have a game. And the 3ds is awesome, I just got one :D

I'll be at the Brisbane event. How early should one arrive? Registration starts at 9 I think, so maybe get there at 8?

I'll be getting to the Perth one around 7:30, I'm being extra cautious as the Connection Tour '07 one was overloaded with people.

I'll be getting to the Perth one around 7:30, I'm being extra cautious as the Connection Tour '07 one was overloaded with people.
Not a bad idea, at the 2006 event the line was already long enough that if you got there at registration time you would've already missed out on a spot. I expect that turnout will be considerably larger than that.

Can't wait for the Perth event but I'm so sad it's in Midland rather than at Westfield Carousel like all other Nintendo/video game events are.
Anyone wonder if Dream World abilities will be allowed since Pokemon Global Link is now released?

I knew this day would come! :p

I'm working on my team atm, and I'm beginning to think the Semis are gonna stink of my strategy, because I've seen its destructive power from both ends. The winner is going to be the person who can pull off that one strategy the best.

Just like the Gamestop tournament before it, look for the AC/DC shirt.

Crux

Banned deucer.
I would advocate for every single smogoner to make their way down to the local tourney, even if they arent participating. Thorns' warstory is a prime example of how fun our Sydney meetup actually was, and the turnout to these events is apparently a direct correlation to our chances of getting a full vgc tourney, according to officials at the sydney event. So please make an effort to rock up, even if you dont own a copy of the game.

Hey guys I'll be hitting up the chermside venue since it's like 10 mins away from me. Might see some of you there? I wonder how they're going to fit all those people inside that store :S unless only like 30 people are allowed in at a time

just go we'll get vgc if you do~

if we have a smogon member winning in every state that would be spiffy too

Out of interest, who here's from Brisbane? I couldn't play VGC to save my life, but I think I just might rock up any way ;D. No invites to Worlds does suck... but a free 3DS and a free copy of B/W does sound like an acceptable replacement.

Trying to head to the Brisbane event, depends on Hockey. A 3DS would be sweet but trip to worlds would be great. See you smogoners there.

as long as your four pokemon are allowed you can change up your team in between rounds. no team previews in sydney, but if you really want to you can go ahead and spectate to scout out other people's teams

I hope the Bulbapedia guy is going to be in Brisbane to. Does anyone know from the NSW event, did they have choose 4 pick from 6 just like Pokemon Online

Sweet, looks like there'll be a few Brisbane smogoners attending. I'll probably rock up about 8-8.30

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
if we have a smogon member winning in every state that would be spiffy too
I won the tournament in South Australia, and the runner-up was also a Smogoner. Earthworm won in NSW and Jahikoi won in Vic. I don't know about the other states, but on a whole, Smogon's representing Australia well.

hope you've all been practicing the whimsicott terrakion mirror

Can't wait for the Perth event but I'm so sad it's in Midland rather than at Westfield Carousel like all other Nintendo/video game events are.
Anyone wonder if Dream World abilities will be allowed since Pokemon Global Link is now released?
As I understand it, Gen 5 Pokemon aren't available on the Global Link yet.

Bring it on.
maybe you should come to the local events after abandoning our forums

you never write, you never call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)