1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Autumn Friendly 2012

Discussion in 'Global Battle Union' started by Solace, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Solace

Solace swing from the chandelier
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Read about it here!

The Autumn Friendly '12 follows VGC 2012 rules but now from the comfort of home. What kinds of teams do you think we'll see?

Discussion can also take place here once the tournament starts (though be sure to steer clear from complaining about DCs).

Good luck :D
  2. CooltrainerAlan

CooltrainerAlan

This goes against my original thoughts that VGC 13 will by like Beggining Cup, but I like it anyways. I'll try to remember to enter. best of luck to all participants!
  3. Sol64

Sol64

I remember last year it was just 5th gen B/W1 Unova dex pokemon, now it's the current settings for out VGC. Seems interesting. I've played the last japanese tournament using something I call "Arcandorus" so I have a feel of what '13 rules MAY be like. I wonder how many Terrakion and Tyranitar I can Mash.
  4. IstheCakeReallyaLie

IstheCakeReallyaLie

Off topic: Darn it. I haven't had time to breed yet. *sigh*

On topic: Are moves from past gens (TMs/move tutors) allowed in the AF?
  5. Biosci

Biosci !
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a VGC3 Winner

Of course past gen moves are allowed, just no tutor moves from BW2

edit: @below Unova DW mons are BW2 only, so they are not allowed
  6. Dragonking700

Dragonking700

The VGC '12 rules were announced only for October regionals...the rules will likely change for later events.
  7. Xen

Xen

I probably already know the answer to this, but are newly released DW Pokemon allowed (Unova mons to be more precise?)

Even if they are, I may still give my VGC 12 team one last run for glory before re-doing my team for the possible VGC 13 ruleset. Should be fun to get back into the action.
  8. R Inanimate

R Inanimate Grasp the earth, Grasp the World.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Will be out on vacation for most of the duration of this tourney. Looks like I'll have to sit this one out for once. Quite unfortunate, since it would have been a good chance for me to see first hand how things have changed since Worlds.
  9. hockeyguy605

hockeyguy605

Excited for this. It'll give me a good chance to test out a team for the October VGCs.
  10. NidokingKing

NidokingKing

I don't think I'll participate in this one, not after the total bs I had in the Spring Friendly. Maybe I'll join just to get a feel for how October will be, but I'm not too sure at the moment.
  11. Charizard21

Charizard21

I'm excited, I've got a team figured out and I've just started breeding up and I've got open time to prepare, good luck to everyone. I hope we are all ready in time.
  12. Fantom0

Fantom0

Oh good, a chance to try out my new VGC team. Why did it have to start when I go back to school though? I mean, this is what Summer's for! -__-
  13. Pippy

Pippy

I know, I wish they had a summer one...

Oh well, I'll try and play this time if I have time. Now what should I use...
  14. Superpokemon67

Superpokemon67

I'll try to do it, despite highschool taking up most of my time now.
  15. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

I plan to do this again as preparation for October 14. Hopefully the fun won't be ruined again.
  16. Project_Mars

Project_Mars

oh man. i need to actually get what i've been trying out for the Oct 14 regional ready in-game it seems.

and prolly test it more.
  17. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

Good way to test out my Autumn Regionals team I have prepared now in a more consistent way than the GBU. Already have a good feel for it, but this will get my mind prepared more.
  18. _AlexiS_

_AlexiS_

I'll join...its a perfect tourney for a training!
  19. Rukario

Rukario

I'm glad this tournament is 1 month before the regionals because it gives us a good chance to see what works and what doesn't and patch it up before October. Will be participating in this one.
  20. SacredMiKeY

SacredMiKeY

Sounds like a party, will for sure be partaking in this. Will need to warn people though, wifi is shaky where I live so if I DC, I'm sorry.
  21. Team Rocket Elite

Team Rocket Elite Data Integration Thought Entity
    is a Pokemon Researcher

I wouldn't be so sure that BW2 moves aren't allowed. I think there's a good chance they might be allowed.
  22. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Agreed. There's no indication that there will be anything but the standard GBU restrictions for this tournament, which means BW2 additions will probably be allowed.

In any case, we'll know for sure when people start trying to register their teams. I recommend for now that people prepare teams with BW2 additions in mind, and have a regular BW-only team for backup in case the first fails to register.
  23. OVERGRO

OVERGRO

Disappointed they're not giving us the beginning cup, but hey this is cool.
    Also majorly disappointed they're not penalizing D/Cs... I wonder why?

As for BW2 moves and DW Abilities... they are not BW2 exclusive thanks to trading between BW1 and BW2. So, at the moment, I don't see why BW2 moves and (DW) abilities would not be allowed.
    Furthermore, there is no specific rules stating anything about BW2.
  24. TheMantyke

TheMantyke DISRESPECT YOUR SUPERIORS
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

Alright, after skipping out all three of the last ones we've had, I'm throwing my hat into the ring! Look out for OT Roarke!
  25. Drifblim

Drifblim

am going to try to do well this time, bu man it takes awhile to get real points in these things

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)