1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Autumn Friendly 2012

Discussion in 'Global Battle Union' started by Solace, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Solace

Solace swing from the chandelier
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

It's been interesting to see what different Pokemon come up.. I haven't done too many battles but I've played 4 different people with Scarf Eruption Typhlosion, and at least 3 Zoroark teams.

9 Battles with a 1581 ranking, so we'll see how it goes from there if I can get some more matches done!
  2. DarkPlant

DarkPlant

I just took a 1-0 loss to a Korean player after he had 2 crits in a row and I put his last poke into red. My rating's about 1600 now.

Just lost to German player in the upper 1800s. 3-battle losing streak .

Just beat a Scottish player 3-0, snapping what could have become an ugly losing streak.
  3. CooltrainerAlan

CooltrainerAlan

Currently at around 20 wins and 4 or 5 loses(Playing a lot of noobs, lucky me!). I admit to DCIng once because I was fed up with like 5 matches where I lost because of hax. Also, I've been seeing a lot of swamperts... USE GASTRODON!

Also,
    Trainer name:Alan
    Message: METRONOME! EXPLOSION! or DIGLETT is the real ARCEUS! or VICTORY! SCREECH! or AHH! YEAH!
  4. christos21

christos21

I have 50 W. -5 L.- 8 D/Cs with a rating of ~1800,quite better than what I had initially expected.
  5. Sol64

Sol64

I can agree on this as well.
    And i'll also be honest and please don't hold this against me, i've only done it once myself. There was one match where I got fully para'd crucially 3 times in a row on my cress and 2 times in a row with top where I would have won easily with my fighting gem CC. It was so unfair to me that I ragequit on him and called it a night. He was 1500 so no-one really worth it but...God, I would taken the loss like I have two times (looking at you coolstorybrobat) so far but that one was uncalled for.
  6. Infinity.Cypher

Infinity.Cypher

Let's see, something like 7w 5l (idk really), no d/cs. 2 loses were due to some hax, like critical hits. Fell asleep on 3 games (I think) so timer chose for me. Shouldn't play super early in the morning 4:30am
  7. JRank

JRank
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Hahaha Daniel from California don't worry if I'm going to win just Swagger my Scizor and then I'll hit myself in confusion twice.
  8. CooltrainerAlan

CooltrainerAlan

Lost to some bizzare team with Dragon Gem Draco Meteor Garchomp and Scarf Eruption Typhloshion.
    and another do to Damage hax.

I also hope that DCs before a match even begins don't count.
  9. DarkPlant

DarkPlant

I'm going to have to call it a day early. Not really satisfied at 11-3-5 1649. I'll aim to play at least 10 battles tonight.
  10. Kukem

Kukem

Played about 15 games or so. This is my first adventure into double battles, and it's quite intense. I'm not doing too bad, I think I have won at least 8 games, lost the others though. Got over 5 Disconnects the last 24 hours or so. Could have been another 5 wins... but oh well. There are some awesome players and strategy out there. It's interesting. I am trying to take notes.
  11. Baz Anderson

Baz Anderson

Had my first 0-0 of the tournament. Unfortunately it was my loss...
  12. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

You would think that Thunder and Hurricane would miss in the sun once in a while... 28-7-9.
  13. Sol64

Sol64

My last match, won 2-0 but I got hit by a noob guillotine on chomp by gliscor then cress got para'd by discharge electabuzz. Thundurus got blasted by blaze Flare Blitz ape before getting taken down by icy wind. Then I proceed to Helping hand CC the buzz to death.

I hate getting hit by those OHKO moves...

/Nope.jpg
  14. Deku La Situacion

Deku La Situacion

Sorry Jenkins, my conexion out :/.
    When we goes arround 4-4 the wifi conexion falls :(
  15. Osirus182

Osirus182

I was 3-4 up and you cut out, not cool mate.

Fair enough if your connection went but tbh I had the upper hand going forward and just took your ludi out so it just seems a bit convenient your connection cutting out when it did, also you have a pretty decent score for someone with a dodgy connection....strange.
  16. soul_survivor

soul_survivor

Finally broke 1900 haha. im currently 43-5, and im going to take a break for about a hour.

Heres the battle that made me break 1900

VS OT:Adib (User:Honkro)

BV# 30-44233-27637
  17. Sol64

Sol64

I swear, I should be fairing much better against OP rain teams...
    Otherwise why don't I bother with such things myself -_-

Urgh, I got DC'd on two times in a row. Now my dc rate from their end is like 45%...
  18. Sol64

Sol64

Does anyone know Bill? 1750 ranking.
    He dc'd on me after I killed his terrakion after he couldn't get tailwind up first turn and then top decided to live another hit and demolished his weavile. =/

I'm getting very annoyed right now. The dc rate is increasing and from what I heard, i'm going to be paying for it -_-.

The next tournament BETTER BE B/W2 dc rules.

I honestly hate how the dc rules generally are in pokemon and it's taken them this long to realize that dc'ing should incur a harsh penalty.
  19. Baz Anderson

Baz Anderson

I expect this will be the last Black & White tournament with the release of Black 2 & White 2 only next month. I'd imagine everything will be done through them in the future.
  20. labarith

labarith

All I can say is that there are far, far too many hitmontops in the metagame. Who could have known? I'd have packed something to deal with them, I woudlaz
  21. TheMantyke

TheMantyke DISRESPECT YOUR SUPERIORS
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

Hitmontop's been a staple of doubles play for ages. Having Fake Out and Intimidate on the same Pokemon as well as the coveted Fighting-type STAB make it an indispensable team player while still having a lot bite.
  22. M. Rock

M. Rock

Now at 1805, best I've ever done. The opponents are getting much better. Around when I was at 1760ish, I fought a kid named Oji (that's the name iirc) that was at 1901 and D/Cd when I was up 2-1. I'm only angry because he robbed me of an excellent video ;_;.

This one will have to suffice, I suppose: 76-46243-50019

This kid was late 1600s, I saved it because I was pleasantly surprised that someone used a Hail team to some success. Looking back, I probably should have used Scizor instead of Latios, lol, idk what I was thinking.

Taking a break for now, but one question: how many DCs until you're disqualified? I got at least 4 in a row today, and a few more yesterday and Friday night. I haven't bothered to keep track of how many I got, but I'd wager to say that the total is between 10 and 20. The amount of matches that were actually finished is 46.

EDIT: Players of all skill levels are using the Garchomp + Salamence combo SO MUCH. Why? Is this some new trend that I missed out on? Blizzard is a real thing, yo.
  23. SacredMiKeY

SacredMiKeY

At this rate I won't place with all the D/Cs that I keep getting. xD
    Finally clawed back to 1770 after 4 losses in a row due to super bad hax, they also had less than 1600. D:
  24. Sol64

Sol64

Fabio from italy. Why can't you just take a loss like a man...(sigh)
    This tournament is losing its worth to me. I don't know how most are over 1800+ at this point. All I get is dc's like the guy above this post.
  25. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

I'm not sure if others at times are having the following problem: your opponent is announced, then a blue screen of death appears. Usually I observe that with poor wifi communication, but I just had 3 in a row and I'm right next to my router. Anyways, team:ee is still undefeated while team:goatee is rated over 1600 at least. I don't do so many matches at once, though I am saving the worthy ones while I can.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)