Autumn Friendly 2012

Finally broke 1900 haha. im currently 43-5, and im going to take a break for about a hour.

Heres the battle that made me break 1900

VS OT:Adib (User:Honkro)

BV# 30-44233-27637
that's "honchkro13"! lol. it was a great battle and it confirmed what Pokemon would be a perfect replacement for my Latias (aka weak link of my team) :)

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Yes it's frustrating, but we who don't D/C are the better players. :p Besides they won't place anyway. xD

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
The problem is D/Cers raise the D/C rate of legit players to the point where many of them don't place because of other people. But hopefully B/W2 will curb this...

yeah i have got 46 wins, 5 losses and 33 dcs. not too happy about the dcs. but i suppose i cant do much about them.

Current rank: 1814

Now at 1805, best I've ever done. The opponents are getting much better. Around when I was at 1760ish, I fought a kid named Oji (that's the name iirc) that was at 1901 and D/Cd when I was up 2-1. I'm only angry because he robbed me of an excellent video ;_;.

Taking a break for now, but one question: how many DCs until you're disqualified?
yeah i hate it when you face someone higher than you and they dc. i fought someone with 1896 twice and he dced twice. :/.

and in answer to your question. your dc rate is calculated like this:

(total battles) / (amount of times you have disconnected)

if you have 1599 or less than you need a dc rate of less than 0.2 to count in the rankings. if you have a rating of 1600 or higher than you need a dc rate of 0.1 or less to count. Total battles means wins, losses and dcs by both you and your opponents. total dcs includes bad wifi and just plain turning off.

Kudos to Brian from the US (1771) for not dc'ing when I got the lucky crit at the very end to take the win, I thank you very much and I respect you for that.

Battle No.: 71-58348-63450

And yeah I hope B/W2 will curb this because as it is now, the rules are way too lenient and it has been for time especially for casual and competitive battles since 4th gen.

Edit: Battled someone named Leo from the US. My Garchomp just wouldn't die in the face of 3 Dragons on his team, it was madness lol and barely won 4-0 just using my leads.
Battle no.: 48-51072-95183

Playing the Terrakion mirror right now against Elsy, whoever that is. I outsped both her Terrakion and Whimsicott... I wonder if that was horrible tiebreaks or what.

And then she DQed me. :/

Just faced a guy in the 1330's, so you know he's lost alot, and I don't know about you but I would be mad enough to D/C, but he didn't. People who don't D/C should get bonus points or something. xD

Found someone with the name JERIC with the same or different variation of the tean Wolfe used at Worlds. Felt bad about the crit on turn 1 which basically handed me the game.

I'm not sure if others at times are having the following problem: your opponent is announced, then a blue screen of death appears. Usually I observe that with poor wifi communication, but I just had 3 in a row and I'm right next to my router.
Yeah, I've had the same problem. Do they count as D/C's or not, as I've had so many of them...

If you have 1599 or less than you need a dc rate of less than 0.2 to count in the rankings. if you have a rating of 1600 or higher than you need a dc rate of 0.1 or less to count. Total battles means wins, losses and dcs by both you and your opponents. total dcs includes bad wifi and just plain turning off.
... I have just under 0.5 (if i've done it right)

24W-3L-12DC

And 1 of those dcs were my fault, 11 were ragequitters.
This is what makes stuff unfair to rank in. I remember my spring friendly I got placed but wasn't sure how bad the dcs were but they were still fairly bad, just not as much as it is now.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's 10% above the average D/C rate, not actual D/C rate of 10%. 20% if under 1600 rating.

Dat feeling when you win a tough battle after missing Meteor Mash THREE TIMES, and a Heat Wave miss.

Dat feeling when you win a tough battle after missing Meteor Mash THREE TIMES, and a Heat Wave miss.
yeah that feels good. but the feeling you get when you rape a trick room team with mismagius and THEY DC is the worst feeling. especially when they have 150 more points then you

yeah that feels good. but the feeling you get when you rape a trick room team with mismagius and THEY DC is the worst feeling. especially when they have 150 more points then you
Or when they have 100 less and they get 2 crits and I get 3 Hydro Pump misses in a row. Only I lost. xD

Yay 3 more D/Cs. The server is still letting me battle, so I'm just going to assume that everything's fine with concern to my placing.

EDIT: Now facing a 1497 kid from Portugal named Skarm. An impostor I say!

Ah, another great feeling is when you beat someone with a paralyzed Latios in TR after they get a ton of para hax. (and then they D/C)

I'm currently 22-2-22 right now. (hope I don't have too many D/Cs)

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The server is still letting me battle, so I'm just going to assume that everything's fine with concern to my placing.
You won't ever be unable to battle (although I think someone was unable to in one instance, but it was unrelated to disconnections), you'll never be told you're disqualified, you just won't show up when they release the rankings on the Pokemon Global Link site.

You won't ever be unable to battle (although I think someone was unable to in one instance, but it was unrelated to disconnections), you'll never be told you're disqualified, you just won't show up when they release the rankings on the Pokemon Global Link site.
Well my D/C rate is definitely over 0.1% of my total battles. So, now what the hell do I do? Seriously, is there any point in going any further? I don't want to have wasted an entire weekend on a game, of all things.

EDIT: Oh wait does a rate of 0.1 mean 10%? I just thought of that...

But even so, that would mean that if you had 50 total battles and a mere 5 DCs, you're out =[

Just played Matti as well, won 2-0 in a good game. Currently got a ranking of 1811, but i'm hovering around there at the moment. Played someone yesterday who had 4 lvl 20 - 25 pokemon, safe to say the battle was over in 2 turns :)

Well my D/C rate is definitely over 0.1% of my total battles. So, now what the hell do I do? Seriously, is there any point in going any further? I don't want to have wasted an entire weekend on a game, of all things.
I think it's 10% over the average. (but don't quote me on that)

Hi, I have a record of 22-4-73, how can i have all that dc's?
I'm with 1723, but now I have a problem, when i go intothe tournament it takes a lot of time to find a player and when it finds someone the person it finds is or AUTUMN or a guy called TJ from portugal, then it says the opponent has disconected and then it says that I had a conexion problem and I have to go into the tournament other time and the same happend, please help me D:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)