Autumn Friendly 2012

Well my D/C rate is definitely over 0.1% of my total battles. So, now what the hell do I do? Seriously, is there any point in going any further? I don't want to have wasted an entire weekend on a game, of all things.

EDIT: Oh wait does a rate of 0.1 mean 10%? I just thought of that...

But even so, that would mean that if you had 50 total battles and a mere 5 DCs, you're out =[
I'm pretty sure you'll be fine. I think I had a fair share of dc's in the spring friendly and i placed. As long as you're not doing it, you COULD be fine.

Hi, I have a record of 22-4-73
It's best to stop now rofl, if you're concerned about officially placing.

Just had a really good battle with Ethan from New York, his victory over me probably pushed him over into the 1900s. I don't know if he's on Smogon or not, but I remember battling him in the last WiFi tournaments as well. GG.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Three consecutive Metagross+Cresselia leads, three consecutive DC's. I'm not sure whether the total lack of originality or the constant stupidity is more depressing.

So I'm in the 1700s, but I keep getting placed against 1500s... WTF? Is it that people keep disconnecting from me?
Ratings mean nothing. You could be a 2000 player and still get placed with 1300s. That's why this tournament can be quite tedious at times.

Ratings mean nothing. You could be a 2000 player and still get placed with 1300s. That's why this tournament can be quite tedious at times.
That's odd, but OK with me. I've found the higher rated players are the ones who DC more often, and those that are high and don't DC are all TR players or run the dreaded Hitmontop (WTF? How the hell is this a good pokemon now?).

That's odd, but OK with me. I've found the higher rated players are the ones who DC more often, and those that are high and don't DC are all TR players or run the dreaded Hitmontop (WTF? How the hell is this a good pokemon now?).
Look at it this way. They are rated high BECAUSE they disconnect. Don't worry about it though, the most they're doing is wasting their own time. They won't be in the final rankings.

You really don't know?

Its choice of abilities
Fighting/Dark Priority that hits a good measure of used pokemon in VGC
Very decent stats for a level 50 pokemon
Fake out
Fighting type that has a decent movepool

He's just very, very handy to have. Hell, it's my first time using him, ever and i'm enjoying it.

Did you really not know that Hitmontop was one of the most popular Pokemon in VGC?
Nope.
I had no clue.
I spent the last 2 weeks going back and forth between weather teams. I playtested a lot online, and ran into 0 hitmontops.

Whenever I playtested, I was very keen on fakeouters, and always sided w/ the highest speed ones. I spent my time worried about Terrakion, Trick Room, and weather. LOL!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hitmontop has been one of the top 5 or so mons in doubles since basically always. Not sure who you were practicing against to have never seen any...

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Look at it this way. They are rated high BECAUSE they disconnect. Don't worry about it though, the most they're doing is wasting their own time. They won't be in the final rankings.
I have to disagree on this. There are many players 1850+ who don't d/c. Though I get what you mean. Earlier I battled a fellow 1900+ player and he d/c'd on me even though he wouldn't have a crazy drop in rating. It just depends on your opponent. You can't say all players with high ratings got it there because they d/c.

15-5-8 at the moment.

I hope I don't get disqualified :(

I'm torn between risking facing more D/Cs or risking my rating dropping!

Anyone here battle me? OVERGRO from Ontario, Canada?

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not sure if he's from Smogon or not, but GG, Jordan from Washington. One of the few 1700+ guys I held up against to the finish
Video: 82-75162-43212

I just realized how cool this would be on Wii U Miiverse if they ever made a PBR-esque title or an RPG like XD and had a tourney. We're so live and connected.

Anyways, no more battles today - let's see how I place! When will rankings be announced?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)