1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Average Movesets Statistics and Moves Used in the UU Metagame (September and October)

Discussion in 'Pokémetrics' started by X-Act, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Lee

Lee @ Thick Club
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Thanks X-Act, always an interesting read.

Bit shocked to see so many people are using Shadow Claw over Return on Linoone...why's that? Dusclops? Drifblim? C'mon guys, use Return. ._.

U-turn takes a huge drop from 7.36% down to 5.57%. I'm not really sure how to explain that considering Uxie's usage increased so much between September and October and Ambipoms only dropped ever so slightly. I suppose Froslass forced a lot of Ambipom to give up U-turn for Taunt or Pursuit.

The next months ones will be much more interesting - due to how late the suspects came in the statistics are difficult to dissect properly. Next month I'd expect to see slightly more physically inclined attacks (to avoid being Raikou set-up bait and also hitting Gallade's significantly weaker defense). We're also gonna see a huge drop in the usage of Brave Bird, Sucker Punch and Superpower because it looks as though a certain Pokemon will be packing his bags quite soon...
  2. Mattman324

Mattman324

You know you've played UU to much when you've influenced most of Tauros's average movepool (I used Frustration, Zen Headbutt, EQ, and SE... I think I was the only one to use Frustration over Return, yet it is another option)
  3. Rolf

Rolf

Who wouldn't use Frustration on Tauros? It's classic.

Thanks for the data - it really helps me build my teams by trying to exploit "holes" in the metagame.
  4. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I shall also do item usage in the near future. I'll just list the least number of items that add up to more than 50% of usage, i.e. I'll list the items that, collectively, are used more often than not.
  5. Mrobinson587

Mrobinson587

Lickilicky is simply versatilie. It is a Raikou counter, or a coverage wall breaker. With it's large movepool it can choose to run different moves for coverage depending on what it wants to hit
  6. tytoandnoobporygonz

tytoandnoobporygonz

Lol at Shuckle, knock off is its only move after taunt on his average moveset!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)