1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Average Switch-Ins Per Usage: Which Pokemon Switch In More Often Per Team?

Discussion in 'Pokémetrics' started by X-Act, Sep 19, 2009.

1. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I was interested to know which Pokemon switch into other Pokemon more often. To do so, I used Colin's latest 'Switch-in' stats and Doug's 'Usage' stats.

What I did is the following: I wrote a simple program that parses through Colin's files, and sums up each switch-in for each Pokemon. Then I divided this total by that Pokemon's usage.

Remember, a Pokemon is said to be 'used' (in Doug's sense) if it was part of a team when a player plays a battle. It doesn't actually need to take part of the battle in order for the usage statistics to mark it as being 'used'. For example, if a player wins 6-0 against another player by sweeping it with his lead Pokemon, Doug's stats would still count all 6 Pokemon of this team as being 'used'. Likewise, if a player forfeits immediately at the start of the game, both players' full team of Pokemon would be counted as being 'used'.

Anyway, here, then, are the average amount of switch-ins (as defined by Colin in his thread) that each Pokemon does in every team. They are listed in the following format:
    Code:
    <Rank> POKEMON was switched in <average switch-ins> times per usage (<total switch-ins>/<amount of usage>).
    For example, from the Standard ladder:
    Code:
     15. SCIZOR was switched in 1.284 times per usage (313856/244266).
    They can be found in the following links:

Standard | Underused | Uber Average Switch-in Stats.

Hopefully you'll find this of use.
  2. its omar yo

its omar yo

oh nice
    thanks im always happy to explore this kind of stuff
  3. zarator

zarator Credits to Mos-Quitoxe for the cute sprite^^
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

Why there is a phone number next to some mons like Rotom and Cresselia? I'm a bit confused
  4. KnightoftheWind

KnightoftheWind
    is a Past WCoP Winner

That's one of what happens when you have Skype :/
  5. The_Chaser

The_Chaser RVW
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

Thanks for your work. I'm suprised Tyranitar is so low at 73 he's really easy to switch in against Latias and Rotom.
  6. SHUCKLE MAN

SHUCKLE MAN

Wow. That's interesting. And I'm not surprised that Blissey tops Ubers and Standard, and that Chansey tops UU though.
  7. Erazor

Erazor ✓ Just Doug It
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

This is something that is useful to assess how badly a pokemon will get worn down by entry hazards, I guess. Nice work X-Act!
  8. YaM

YaM

thanks for the stats!

LOL

fail
  9. SHUCKLE MAN

SHUCKLE MAN

Yeah, we whould perhaps remove the 'anomalies' from the list, so we get something like

instead of

These stats are so awesome though!
  10. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

Uhh, yeah...

These are usefull though. It just shows how much stall teams switch, which is a bit alarming. This is why passive damage is so usefull I guess.
  11. snorlaxative

snorlaxative

this is a very useful and informative list. thank you for your work.

i think it would be good to put minimum usage criteria to filter out said statistical anomalies and get a true ranking system.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)