Averagemons - See new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
I was thinking either primary type or average of both types, which seems just about right, but may take too much time without a script, and likely even with a script as well.

Also technically Martingale, there are 17 Arceus formes with base 120 :p (Ik it doesn't count) but yeah I get what you mean.

After playing averagemons for a while I've found that it's incredibly important to put max speed and a speed boosting nature on everything that doesn't boost it's speed or move mainly through priority. Even walls benefit from the boosted speed as they can get in a recovery move faster.

i can also see whimsicott being pretty dangerous, as is- OH MY GOD FURFROU cotton guard+fur coat+ 100/100 where nothing has > 100 atk :O

perplexingpool

Banned deucer.
i can also see whimsicott being pretty dangerous, as is- OH MY GOD FURFROU cotton guard+fur coat+ 100/100 where nothing has > 100 atk :O
Furfrou is kinda mediocre in this meta tbh. Sure, its extremely physically bulky, but its lack of reliable recovery and vulnerability to all kinds of passive damage is a big issue. It's very easy to wear down, and it doesn't have much offensive presence.

Furfrou is kinda mediocre in this meta tbh. Sure, its extremely physically bulky, but its lack of reliable recovery and vulnerability to all kinds of passive damage is a big issue. It's very easy to wear down, and it doesn't have much offensive presence.
In Averagemons, everything has about equal offensive presence. Just saying. It isn't meant to attack really strong but it can still do enough.
4 Atk (altered to base 100 attack)Furfrou Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mew: 109-130 (31.9 - 38.1%) -- 95.8% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.
+2 252+ Atk Mew Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 86-102 (21.2 - 25.2%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
No physical attacks are going to do much damage while it 3HKOs back.

Last edited:

perplexingpool

Banned deucer.
In Averagemons, everything has about equal offensive presence. Just saying.
What I meant is that Furfrou lacks high powered moves, good boosting moves, good coverage, or a damage boosting ability, and if it invests offensively it loses out on bulk, and tbh if you aren't using Furfrou defensively you're better off with Exploud or Chatot, or Swellow or Eevee or a plethora of other Pokemon.

Hello everyone,
In case anyone is interested, I've added a Balanced Hackmons Averagemons metagame on my server (Also Pure Hackmons if you're interested). Currently, the banlist is just the BH banlist, but later today, I'm going to make a copy of it with soul dew/stick/light ball/etc banned.

The server is found at http://boj.cc.psim.us/

EDIT: The banlist for it can be found here: http://pastebin.com/MkNU18hL

Last edited:

perplexingpool

Banned deucer.
Fusxfaranto

I know this meta is kinda dead, but I've really wanted to make this post for a long time, and I still really like this meta.

I made some posts a while back about how I think Sableye is overpowered in Averagemons, and I still stand by that point. This post will be an analysis of Sableye in Averagemons and why I think it is unhealthy for the meta and should be banned. But before I go on, I would like to point out that I topped the Averagemons ladder back when it was OMOTM with a 43-0 w/l ratio, and got pretty high up on some other alts too (The team I topped the ladder with is here). In total, I’ve probably played at least 100 matches of this metagame. I don't want to seem like I'm tooting my own horn, but I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to this metagame.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Will-o-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt
- Knock Off

The above set is the most common Sableye set, and is imo the most broken. Sableye is a defensive support Pokemon, using its good typing and Prankster to spread burns around opposing teams with ease. Taunt lets it prevent opposing set-up, and protect itself from opposing Taunts and status. STAB Knock Off is really good, giving it offensive presence and discouraging a lot of things from switching in on it for fear of losing their item. It invests in special defense because it can cover physical attackers with Will-o-wisp.

The combination of Prankster with Taunt, Will-o-wisp, and Recover allows it to beat 95% of the meta 1-on-1. Pretty much nothing can break through Sableye, as it can burn physical attackers, taunt defensive Pokemon and set-up sweepers, and the special defense investment and its good defensive typing lets it wall most special attackers, burn them, and Recover off any damage they deal to you while they slowly burn to death. Knock Off is the proverbial icing on the cake, letting it cripple switch-ins by removing their leftovers or boosting item.

The most common stops to Sableye are powerful Fairy-type special attackers, like Xerneas and Sylveon, as well as physically offensive Fire-types, like Arcanine and Talonflame. Magic Guard Pokemon can also handle it. However, none of these Pokemon want to switch into Knock Off; Geomancy Xern is crippled if it loses its Power Herb. As well, Talonflame largely relies on its boosting item to be a threat, and Specs Sylveon/Xern are lame without their item. As well, nothing likes to lose its Leftovers.

Some other good stops to Sableye include Poison Heal Pokemon (but none of them want to switch in if they aren't already poisoned, lest they be burned or get their Toxic Orb Knocked Off), which don't really care about any of Sableye's moves. Mega Absol works too, but can't switch in if it hasn't mevo'd yet, for fear of being burned. All of the other Magic Bouncers are weak to Knock Off, and thus are very shaky checks to Sableye. Magic Coat is an option against Sableye, bouncing back its Taunt, but you are risking giving your opponent a free turn to Knock Off or switch to a counter.

Other than these Pokemon, everything loses to Sableye. Sableye is nigh unbreakable, and even if it does eventually go down, it leaves behind it a long trail of residual damage, burns, and Knocked Off items. I can't think of a team that wouldn't greatly benefit from the addition of Sableye; it easily provides set-up turns to dangerous sweepers on offense teams, and it is an excellent, reliable burn spreader on stall, as well as a win condition against opposing stall teams. The first thing I do when building an Averagemons team is put on Sableye, then get a Sableye counter. At the top end of the Averagemons ladder, every team had a Sableye. There really is no reason not to run it; its supporting capacity is unparalleled, and its ability to break down entire teams on its own with little to no risk is utterly broken.

Sableye can run more than just this set though; it has a lot of options at its disposal. Magic Coat, as mentioned earlier, is a good way to beat opposing Sableye, bouncing back their Taunt. Substitute and Toxic can both be effective, and it is a reliable weather setter thanks to Prankster. It also has a solid offensive movepool, however, offensive sets are generally best left to other Pokemon. One set which I've found to be very effective at beating Sableye's usual checks and counters is this:

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Shadow Ball

Calm Mind Sableye is a really good lure, using Pokemon that would otherwise force it out, like Sylveon and Xerneas, as set-up fodder. Come in with it on something Sableye forces out (this isn't difficult), and set up a Calm Mind. If they go into a special fairy-type, you can boost again and be at +2 Spdef before they can hit you. You can just keep boosting and Recovering off damage, and eventually take them out with Shadow Ball.

252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. +2 252 HP / 0 SpD Sableye: 174-206 (43 - 50.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

The extra physical bulk makes it easier to take on things like Talonflame which would otherwise cause Sableye significant trouble. As well, this set can still spread burns around just as easily as the standard set does. The obvious issue with this set is the inability to protect itself from Taunt and status, due to the lack of Taunt; however this is still a very good set, and is especially potent against offensive teams.

I have played Averagemons both with and without Sableye, and I can safely say that Sableye makes the tier a lot less fun to play. It's overcentralising to the highest degree, and at higher levels of play the winner is often the player whose Sableye lives longest. The team I topped the ladder with was based around using Gothitelle to remove checks to Talonflame and Kangaskhan to allow them to sweep, but more often than not I found myself removing my opponent's Sableye counter instead; Sableye was just a lot more potent at taking down entire teams than my dedicated sweepers.

Averagemons is my favourite tier to play; it's incredibly diverse and fun, but I feel that Sableye kills a lot of the meta's potential for greatness. Overall, I feel that Sableye's effect on the meta is extremely negative, and that it deserves a ban.

Fusxfaranto

I know this meta is kinda dead, but I've really wanted to make this post for a long time, and I still really like this meta.

I made some posts a while back about how I think Sableye is overpowered in Averagemons, and I still stand by that point. This post will be an analysis of Sableye in Averagemons and why I think it is unhealthy for the meta and should be banned. But before I go on, I would like to point out that I topped the Averagemons ladder back when it was OMOTM with a 43-0 w/l ratio, and got pretty high up on some other alts too (The team I topped the ladder with is here). In total, I’ve probably played at least 100 matches of this metagame. I don't want to seem like I'm tooting my own horn, but I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to this metagame.

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Will-o-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt
- Knock Off

The above set is the most common Sableye set, and is imo the most broken. Sableye is a defensive support Pokemon, using its good typing and Prankster to spread burns around opposing teams with ease. Taunt lets it prevent opposing set-up, and protect itself from opposing Taunts and status. STAB Knock Off is really good, giving it offensive presence and discouraging a lot of things from switching in on it for fear of losing their item. It invests in special defense because it can cover physical attackers with Will-o-wisp.

The combination of Prankster with Taunt, Will-o-wisp, and Recover allows it to beat 95% of the meta 1-on-1. Pretty much nothing can break through Sableye, as it can burn physical attackers, taunt defensive Pokemon and set-up sweepers, and the special defense investment and its good defensive typing lets it wall most special attackers, burn them, and Recover off any damage they deal to you while they slowly burn to death. Knock Off is the proverbial icing on the cake, letting it cripple switch-ins by removing their leftovers or boosting item.

The most common stops to Sableye are powerful Fairy-type special attackers, like Xerneas and Sylveon, as well as physically offensive Fire-types, like Arcanine and Talonflame. Magic Guard Pokemon can also handle it. However, none of these Pokemon want to switch into Knock Off; Geomancy Xern is crippled if it loses its Power Herb. As well, Talonflame largely relies on its boosting item to be a threat, and Specs Sylveon/Xern are lame without their item. As well, nothing likes to lose its Leftovers.

Some other good stops to Sableye include Poison Heal Pokemon (but none of them want to switch in if they aren't already poisoned, lest they be burned or get their Toxic Orb Knocked Off), which don't really care about any of Sableye's moves. Mega Absol works too, but can't switch in if it hasn't mevo'd yet, for fear of being burned. All of the other Magic Bouncers are weak to Knock Off, and thus are very shaky checks to Sableye. Magic Coat is an option against Sableye, bouncing back its Taunt, but you are risking giving your opponent a free turn to Knock Off or switch to a counter.

Other than these Pokemon, everything loses to Sableye. Sableye is nigh unbreakable, and even if it does eventually go down, it leaves behind it a long trail of residual damage, burns, and Knocked Off items. I can't think of a team that wouldn't greatly benefit from the addition of Sableye; it easily provides set-up turns to dangerous sweepers on offense teams, and it is an excellent, reliable burn spreader on stall, as well as a win condition against opposing stall teams. The first thing I do when building an Averagemons team is put on Sableye, then get a Sableye counter. At the top end of the Averagemons ladder, every team had a Sableye. There really is no reason not to run it; its supporting capacity is unparalleled, and its ability to break down entire teams on its own with little to no risk is utterly broken.

Sableye can run more than just this set though; it has a lot of options at its disposal. Magic Coat, as mentioned earlier, is a good way to beat opposing Sableye, bouncing back their Taunt. Substitute and Toxic can both be effective, and it is a reliable weather setter thanks to Prankster. It also has a solid offensive movepool, however, offensive sets are generally best left to other Pokemon. One set which I've found to be very effective at beating Sableye's usual checks and counters is this:

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Shadow Ball

Calm Mind Sableye is a really good lure, using Pokemon that would otherwise force it out, like Sylveon and Xerneas, as set-up fodder. Come in with it on something Sableye forces out (this isn't difficult), and set up a Calm Mind. If they go into a special fairy-type, you can boost again and be at +2 Spdef before they can hit you. You can just keep boosting and Recovering off damage, and eventually take them out with Shadow Ball.

252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. +2 252 HP / 0 SpD Sableye: 174-206 (43 - 50.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

The extra physical bulk makes it easier to take on things like Talonflame which would otherwise cause Sableye significant trouble. As well, this set can still spread burns around just as easily as the standard set does. The obvious issue with this set is the inability to protect itself from Taunt and status, due to the lack of Taunt; however this is still a very good set, and is especially potent against offensive teams.

I have played Averagemons both with and without Sableye, and I can safely say that Sableye makes the tier a lot less fun to play. It's overcentralising to the highest degree, and at higher levels of play the winner is often the player whose Sableye lives longest. The team I topped the ladder with was based around using Gothitelle to remove checks to Talonflame and Kangaskhan to allow them to sweep, but more often than not I found myself removing my opponent's Sableye counter instead; Sableye was just a lot more potent at taking down entire teams than my dedicated sweepers.

Averagemons is my favourite tier to play; it's incredibly diverse and fun, but I feel that Sableye kills a lot of the meta's potential for greatness. Overall, I feel that Sableye's effect on the meta is extremely negative, and that it deserves a ban.
The bolded parts made me wonder... How do you define 'special attacker" and "physical attacker"? I agree Sableye is broken, but just wanted to point out these minor nitpicks. Sableye lets any decent battler get to 1500 EASILY, because nobody below that really has a counter. Overall, this is REALLY broken and definitely needs banned. Just my 2 cents:)

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
The bolded parts made me wonder... How do you define 'special attacker" and "physical attacker"? I agree Sableye is broken, but just wanted to point out these minor nitpicks. Sableye lets any decent battler get to 1500 EASILY, because nobody below that really has a counter. Overall, this is REALLY broken and definitely needs banned. Just my 2 cents:)
IMO special attackers differ from physical attackers here simply by their movepool. Like, Talonflame is still physical since its best attack is still physical.

Castform (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Forecast
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder/Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
Finally a metagame for this Pokemon. He can be used in just about any weather thanks to its ability Forecast. The moves you use matter on the weather so if you have a water team,you won't use Fire Blast and instead Thunder and Hydro Pump.

MAMP

MAMP!
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder/Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
Finally a metagame for this Pokemon. He can be used in just about any weather thanks to its ability Forecast. The moves you use matter on the weather so if you have a water team,you won't use Fire Blast and instead Thunder and Hydro Pump.
This looks decent, but if you're running this on sun you shouldn't have Hydro Pump. Also, Weather Ball is an option over Fire Blast/Hydro/Ice Beam. Castform also has a lot of other option at its disposal that can be run, like Rain Dance/Sunny Day, SolarBeam, Thunder Wave, and Tailwind. Personally, I think an item like Life Orb would be better on this set.

Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder/Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
Is the Shinyness necessary?

Last edited:
Is the Shinyness necessary?

Anyway, what I find weird is that Ivysaur has a bigger BST than Venusaur...
Everything has the same BST, that's the premise of the metagame; "Averagemons is a new OM with one key feature: every single Pokémon has the exact same stat spread of 100/100/100/100/100/100"

The ultimate powerhouse has arrived.

Belly Drum Linoone

It can be hard to get the belly drum off, but if you manage it, it's an absolute powerhouse.

At +6 adamant silk scarf, it ohkos anything that doesn't resist with extremespeed.

Even against a resist, (stats changed already) it does a frick load of damage.

+6 252+ Atk Silk Scarf Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Golem: 228-269 (62.6 - 73.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Once you get rid of the ghost types, this thing will win you pretty much any match by itself.

But guess what..

Since every pokemon has the same defensive stats, all you need to do is invest 72 attack into it, in order to ensure the ohko, allowing you to invest more points into bulk/speed if you wish.

+6 72+ Atk Silk Scarf Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Abomasnow: 384-453 (100 - 117.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(384, 388, 393, 397, 402, 406, 411, 415, 420, 424, 429, 433, 438, 442, 447, 453)

(This stays the same for resists as well, being a clean 2hko at 72 evs)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)